Whole 30 Results: Strength = Do Not Let Yourself SINK!

mcki0133

When I started my Whole30 journey, I had many goals in mind...specifically, losing weight (per my doctor) in order to conceive, carry and have a child. Since I've always struggled with my weight, this was an impossible feat in my eyes...to the point where I would just sit and cry. I have a life long medical history that has screwed up not only my body but my hormones as well as resulting in allergies, infertility, inflammation, weight gain, thyroid issues, etc.

A ray of hope shone down on me when a friend of mine at work (and the doctor) suggested visiting the Whole30 website. Cutting out all of the crap in my life for at least 30 days would help me better understand my body and the foods it doesn't like while also helping with weightloss and becoming a more balanced individual. My whole life I've been a fad dieter, a yo-yo dieter...I've wanted the quick fix and magical transformation instantly. But, that's not realistic and if I want long standing results, I needed to do it the RIGHT way. The doctor gave me a magic number of 20lbs to lose being we're trying to get pregnant and I figured a baby was motivation in itself to actually commit and complete something for myself, something I have never done before in my life.

Long story short, my Whole30 was complete as of yesterday...with anticipation, I knew I was going to step on the scale and do my measurements to see how far I have come. Before I did this, I reminded myself of the non-scale victories....I'm less bloated and inflamed, no abdominal discomfort or cramping, even tempered and have a better mood overall, no more headaches, I'm sleeping better at night, my clothes are fitting so much better and I'm more comfortable in my skin! While these NSV's are great, the numbers are as follows....almost down 10 pounds and I have lost a total of 14.25" overall. Specifically 9 inches between my waist/abdomen/buttocks! Although everything listed is amazing, I honestly didn't believe it until I saw my before and after "selfie's"...

post-68756-0-31849100-1434035846_thumb.j

Wow - Success...after this amazing accomplishment, I went out and bought myself my Anchor necklace...representing STRENGTH and not letting yourself SINK regardless of the situation or the trials you have to deal with on a daily basis.

Being that I'm not yet where my doctor wants me to be, I'm going to keep on keeping on...we'll see what happens at Day 45!

I'm spreading the word and hoping others will get on this miraculous band wagon of HEALTH!

Wow! Girl, you are awesome! I love the anchor idea and I am pulling for you to be able to have a baby!

Just curious, this is my first time and I'm on day 4. My main goal is to lose weight though I know it shouldn't be but I just want it SO BAD. I've been limiting my fruit probably less than is approved to insure that I do lose weight. How much fruit did you consume daily? Congrats on the 10lb weight loss and all those inches. Your pic looks amazing!

Wow! Girl, you are awesome! I love the anchor idea and I am pulling for you to be able to have a baby!

Just curious, this is my first time and I'm on day 4. My main goal is to lose weight though I know it shouldn't be but I just want it SO BAD. I've been limiting my fruit probably less than is approved to insure that I do lose weight. How much fruit did you consume daily? Congrats on the 10lb weight loss and all those inches. Your pic looks amazing!

Thanks, bbb!

I would try to not focus on the weight and hide that scale -- hone in on how you begin to feel overall especially after you get past the first 7-10 days. As far as the fruit goes, I just followed the meal planning template. They recommend having a fist serving of fruit 1-2 times per day WITH a meal, not as a snack. I actually posted in my food log at the beginning of my journey. I forgot to eat fruit at every meal and one of the moderators replied with, "Fruit is completely unnecessary. Veggies offer every single nutrient, vitamin, etc. that fruit offers, only in more concentrated form." So, from there on out, I only ate  it when I wanted it with meals. Usually I'll have an orange or blueberries in the morning with M1 and then be done. I try not to eat any fruit after lunch or in the evening. Sometimes people fall into the habit of feeding their Sugar Dragons with fruit and satisfying a craving...I'm pretty sure that's frowned upon...so go for the veggies!

• Administrators

I've been limiting my fruit probably less than is approved to insure that I do lose weight. 

Just so you are aware, fruit is optional.  You don't have to have it but if you do, our recommendation is 1-2 servings per day with a main meal.  I personally don't eat fruit beyond a few berries tossed in a salad.  

Also....weight loss is not the caloric equation that we have all been led to believe it is. There is a vast (V A S T) difference between eating a full day of protein, veggies, fat and some fruit and eating that same caloric load of doritos.  The body can use the whole foods and that changes the calories equation so much that it becomes irrelevant.

Weight loss is about hormonal balance and your body trusting you that there isn't a famine coming right around the corner.  If you get right with your body, eat enough food for your context (NO restriction please) and continue to do this consistently, the weight will come off...whether you eat fruit or not. Sometimes it takes more than 30 days though, please be patient with yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm in for July 20th even though I started early

I started on Saturday July 18 and so far so good. My biggest challenge is the wine and I'll overcome it.

Went to markets over the weekend and have some delicious, nutritious, organic foods at the ready.

I'm not the type to keep a food log but I will do the program with you. So let's stay in touch.

I live in Southern New Jersey, USA

Happy Whole30!

Archived