Emotional Eating Win

laurlew12

So today I got some pretty bad news. I had applied for this job that I am incredibly qualified for. I knew it. My manager knew it. I felt like I was going to get this job. Well ... I didn't even get an interview. Not only is this a bummer but I absolutely hate the department I'm in now (I'm in an entry level job where they work you like crazy and you get zero recognition for your hard work - if anyone has worked an entry level job in an operations department they may know what I'm talking about!). This job was going to be my mistake and I didn't even get an interview ...

Normally, I'd drown my sorrows in some sugarly or creamy treat or drown myself in some wine, and while that option did pop in my mind I watched my mind remove that possibility completely as if it was not even an option.

I didn't even really think about it at first and then I realized .. wow! That is a huge win! Does a big piece of cake sound delicious right now? Yes. Will I eat some? No.

I'm not exactly where I want to be yet but this is huge progress and I'm proud of myself!

Thank you Whole30!

My mum always says 'whatever is for you won't pass you by...' so perhaps this job wasn't for you beacause there's something better for you coming your way.

Well handled though - it's amazing how much better you can cope with the curve-balls life throws at you when your hormones are where they should be!

You Mum is one smart cookie.

My mum always says 'whatever is for you won't pass you by...' so perhaps this job wasn't for you beacause there's something better for you coming your way.  

Well handled though - it's amazing how much better you can cope with the curve-balls life throws at you when your hormones are where they should be!

My Paw says...sometimes a promotion is not really a promotion at all.   You can get a new job, more money and end up in a frying pan with people you don't click with.  It's alright.   

I love that saying! It is amazing how this diet really changes things!

That's fantastic news!  Sorry about not getting the job though, that sucks!

Thanks ladyshanny! I'm trying to think that this maybe happened for a reason. I just found out that they already had an idea of who they wanted for the job  <_< Maybe the next job will be even better!

Great new outlook on sweets etc!!! What a feat!!!!!

Thanks LisaPT! I kind of shocked myself!

You Mum is one smart cookie.

My Paw says...sometimes a promotion is not really a promotion at all.   You can get a new job, more money and end up in a frying pan with people you don't click with.  It's alright.   

I love this saying as well! Trying to stay positive  :)

Archived