Starting June 12!!

TCans

Hi. I bought the book and am ready to start on the 12th. Looking for anyone else interested in supporting each other.

I've been on a primal/paleo kick for awhile but am still having some inflammation effects.

Looking forward to finding others to meet along this journey.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Breana. Thanks for stopping in. Good luck on Day 2.

Have started today pumped to do this thing. Coffee black. This. Is.not.Hard!!!! My mantra for the next 30 days.

Weighted myself then put the scale under a bed so as not to tempt myself. This will be a huge challenge for me and I hope and visualize letting go of a number dictate how I feel about myself each day. Took some body measures and off I go.

Wish I could figure out how to add the picture of the yummy breakfast I made for myself...hubs even ate the same as me. Trying to show by example he can heal his body too!!

Bre- I'm going to start following the books 7-day starting on Monday since I started all crazy on a Friday. Are you following it? I like the idea of having my first work week on this all planned out for me. Going to try somethings I might now normally try. Been doing Primal Blueprint so I've kinda eased into this.

But I do miss the cream in coffee...however coffee is my addiction (besides food) so I'll take it black as I need it!

Hi Boadicea!! Welcome. Thx for saying hello!!

We can do this- nevermind that I want my chocolate right now after dinner!

Happy Friday!

I am following the 7 day plan. So far I have enjoyed everything. Still not doing so great with time management but hopefully I'll get the hang of it. I am feeding my family whatever I make myself for dinner and so far they have enjoyed everything. They all LOVE the frittata I made from breakfast yesterday. How did day 1 go for you?

Good to hear that you and ur fam have enjoyed all so far.

Day 1 was good.I was hungry a few times and grabbed 10 almonds. We went out with friends after dinner and not only did I NOT have a beer or drink but I did NOT eat any of the nachos that were ordered. So I'm pretty proud of myself :)

Hi Lizabee!!

I'm on my day 2 and have to say I'm pretty hungry today. BUT I'm resolved to fight through it.

How is everyone else's day so far?

Headed to a BBQ party this evening. So going to focus on only natural foods. I know I can do this!!

Bbq went well. Salad no dressing,shredded pork and TWO chicken breasts...I was starving!

Munched on cucumbers while others did on cheeseveral and did not even have a crumb of cake!!

Day 2 in the books!

Bbq went well. Salad no dressing,shredded pork and TWO chicken breasts...I was starving!

Munched on cucumbers while others did on cheese and did not even have a crumb of cake!!

Day 2 in the books!

Day 2 was good.  Dull headache on and off, but today it seems to be fading, and I really haven't been hungry.

Today was egg, sausage, and squash casserole, then chicken salad (with paleo mayo) with lettuce and tomato for lunch, and (bunless) burgers with lots of veggie fixings and asparagus and fruit for dinner.  I made a ginger zucchini soup yesterday as well that I may add to my lunch.

Coffee with compliant coconut milk has been pretty good.

Out to an art festival this afternoon, my plan is to drink lots of water and bring some fruit and nuts for an emergency snack if we are out longer than expected.

Hey All!

Glad you're well today B.

So far today so good. Day 3 for me.

I just planned our meals for the week and am sticking pretty pretty close to the 7day plan. A few variations on the week due to some plans but I'm confident it'll work out.

I do have to find something besides eggs f or bfast - can't eat them every day. So the leftovers this week will be good.

I'm interested to seeing if I've bought enough food or too much??

Good day all!!

Hi all!

I'm on Day 4 and so far it's going well. I've been pretty stiff yesterday and today, so I am increasing my water intake more to see if that helps. Last night I made a great grilled chicken salad for dinner and instead of dressing used a fresh pico de gallo on it. Tonight I have a pork butt slow roasting with a Whole30 compliant rub from a recipe I found. It's amazing all the recipes out there.

TCans, I know what you mean about changing up the breakfast from eggs. I had poached eggs over avocado the last few days and need a change. I am trying to find something else that would sound good in the morning. I was not a breakfast eater before this, so it's been an adjustment to get used to eating within an hour of getting up.

Cheryl

For those seeking something other than eggs for breakfast, the first tip we usually give you is a mindset one: start thinking about breakfast as "Meal 1."  Anything you'd have at your other two meals of the day, you can have for your 1st meal.

You can see a lot of past forum posts on this topic by Googling Whole30 non egg breakfast.

Thanks Chris. I will look into it for sure. I'll also start saving a bit of my dinner for the next day. I think this week will really be trying to figure out exactly how much food to make - for dinner and lunches the next day as well as bfast.

Right now I'm craving popcorn, which is  a nightly habit around here. But just putting that down here makes me resolved to fight it.

Made some garlic aioli, some Perfect Mayo, and some cilantro-lime mayo to have in the fridge for the week. I also made some protein salad with tuna for a couple of days for lunch, which I plan on eating on cucumbers. 

I do wonder about the fruit thing though. It's the time of year where I almost always have a fruit salad in the fridge - can't get enough of it. How much is too much? Any thoughts or comments?

Cheryl - I saved some chicken and asparagus to have in the morning. Honestly, I don't know if I'll be able to do that as bfast is always hard for me to eat. I may try putting that in just one egg - maybe then it wont feel like I'm eating an omelet so much?  We'll see.

What is everyone doing to fight the munching cravings? 

I do wonder about the fruit thing though. It's the time of year where I almost always have a fruit salad in the fridge - can't get enough of it. How much is too much? Any thoughts or comments?

What is everyone doing to fight the munching cravings?

The general guidance we offer is, if you're going to have fruit, start with 1-2 servings a day, where a serving is a whole piece of fruit the size of your fist. Further, have fruit with a meal, vs on its own as a snack.

At times of the year when more fresh fruit is in season, you can certainly enjoy additional servings. Just be wary of using fruit to feed sugar cravings, and don't let fruit push vegetables off your plate.

If you're having munching cravings between meals, first determine whether you are hungry. The litmus test is to ask yourself if you could eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli. If yes, have a mini meal of protein, veg and fat. If no, do something non-food related: walk around the block, call a friend, do a creative project, whatever.

T...way to go on surviving those outings! My hubby has not had any beers since I started so luckily I have not been tempted...YET! I did attend a party Saturday that has every day carb you could think of and managed to stay away! Whew! 

B

I haven't really experienced any particular cravings, for which I'm grateful. I'm learning I need to eat larger breakfasts than I would have thought I needed, and I do miss the simplicity of porridge in the mornings.

Something interesting happened this morning. Before starting this on the 11th, I was a slave to my sweetened and creamed cup of coffee in the morning. Every morning since beginning I have made a cup of black coffee and taken a few sips and then dumped it because I hated the taste without my "extras". this morning I took my first sip and thought it tasted good, so I figured I'd take a bigger drink of it to see if it was a fluke. Nope, I actually like my black coffee this morning.

Hi everyone,

I'm late to the party but I also started on June 12th. How is everyone doing on Day 6? I found that I was EXHAUSTED on Days 4-5 and I'm finally starting to feel a bit more energized today. I've been trying to exercise each day too but I had to take yesterday off because I was so tired. Has anyone made the mayo yet? It's so delicious! Chicken salad and tuna salad are life savers!

I hope all is well!

Archived