Biotene Moisturizing Mouth Spray

kimber117

I am experiencing dry mouth REALLY bad. Can I use Biotene Moisturizing Mouth a spray? Here are the ingredients.

Purified Water, Glyercin, Xylitol, PEG-60, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, VP/VA Copolymer, Flavor, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Saccharin, Cetylpyridinium Chloride

Thanks!!

• Moderators

Glycerin and xylitol are not compliant. However, if this is used like a mouthwash and you're not swallowing it, it would be okay. I know biotene makes a mouthwash, but you said spray, so I'm not sure if it's the same.

If it were me, I'd want to figure out why I was so thirsty and if there were a better way to fix it. Are you drinking plenty of water -- 1/2 ounce per pound of body weight, so if you weigh 120 lbs, drink at least 60 oz of water? Salting your food too much or not enough? (oddly, both of those can cause excessive thirst.) is there some medication you're taking that's causing it, and if so, are there other meds that would be effective without that side effect?

Should have stated that I do take 2 meds, one on the morning and one at night, for an autoimmune flair up. This is one reason I'm doing the Whole30, so I can hopefully stop the twice a day meds.

I also drink roughly 120 oz of water. That is over the suggested amount for me, but since I live in Arizona drinking water is just a habit. :)

I'll get mouthwash and just use that at home and then when out I'll just make sure I've got water. I only have 17 more days plus the reintroduction to go.

Thanks!

Archived