Starting Whole 30 on June 21st

GAgal

Hey everyone. The hubs and I are starting W30 on June 21st. We are both in our late 40s and are tired of feeling tired and being achy. We are planning a trip to visit the canyons in late September and want to be able to enjoy our visit. I'm going to pickup the book on Monday and get my shopping list planned for Saturday. I have to admit that I'm a little nervous about the whole sugar part but we are determined to do this. Anyone else starting on June 21st?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, GAgal!  I'm starting June 21, also.  I will be working hard this week to prepare - cleaning out the fridge/cabinets, preparing my menu for Week 1, shopping, etc.

I completed a Whole30 3 years ago, but I've strayed.  So I'm back in the saddle.  Tired of feeling bloated and tired.  Last time I did this, I found that belonging to a group, posting every day, was a huge motivating factor.  

Hey gibster2. It's nice time meet you. I'm so glad to not be alone in this. I'm a newby and appreciate all the support and tips I can get from people who have done this before. I'm looking forward to the challenge and getting to know everyone.

I'm thinking about starting June 21st and would love people who are starting the same day to offer support each step of the way. I need a few days to meal plan, clean out the house as much as possible, grocery shop, etc.

I did about 1/2 of a W30 3 or so years ago, and keep trying to start one again but always fail for various reasons. Would really love to get on track and off the sugar roller coaster I've been on the last few months.

Hello all, 

Nice to meet all of you... I have also set my start date as the 21st. I am very new to the program, but excited to try it out. I am reading It Starts With Food and it really got me thinking. I suffer from horrible allergies all year round and I am hoping that I can have some relief after completing W30 (and if I lose some weight in the process that would be a plus). My husband isn't going to do this with me, but since I do most of the cooking, he will eat what I cook. I am going to miss cheese and wine the most. Since I am a newbie, I think I can really benefit from any tips and support found in the forums.

Hi

"Hi" to all!  

Like I said before, I completed a Whole30 3 years ago.  I know that it seems a bit daunting at first, but gets much easier.  Things I found that helped me:  1.  Stay off the scale.  This was hard for me, being a daily scale-jumper, but staying off the scale helps you to concentrate on all the other benefits of this WOE.  (I did lose 11 lbs in 30 days).  2.  Subscribe to the Whole30 daily emails.  They were always a good motivator.  3.  Post here every day, whether it's your own feelings, or to cheer someone else on, it keeps you engaged.  Very important to having a sense of accountability.

I'm by no means an expert, but I'll be glad to help in anyway I can.

By the way if you have previously subscribed to the Daily emails, you can subscribe again for only $4.95.  I just signed up!

Yesterday, I wrote out my menu pan for next week - in pencil.  I may change a few things around later, but I have my grocery list made out and a plan for doing some cooking on Saturday and Sunday.  Next will be some fridge cleaning tonight, as tomorrow is trash day.

Working my way through the new Whole 30 book as a good motivator and refresher. I read ISWF when it first came out, and may try to find the time to read or at least skim parts of it this weekend too. I need to start my meal plan and get to the grocery store. Taking stock of veggies in the fridge tonight and our farmers market opens up for the year on Saturday which will be perfect timing to get some gorgeous vegggies!

I wrote out my meal plan for the week, cleaned out the pantry and frig and then did the grocery shopping. The frig looks very pretty BTW. :).

Made some mayo and clarified butter and did a little food prep. I would like to get most of the cooking done for the week on Saturday.

We have been making each meal this week a little more and more W30/compliant as we used things up. Anyone else doing this?

Do any of you have specific health issues that you are hoping will be affected by doing a Whole30?  I have a few inflammation-related issues:  rosacea (which is flaring up right now, despite the lack of my prime triggers) and bursitis in my hip joints.  I also have macular degeneration.  My right (wet AMD) eye is being treated, but there is no treatment for my left eye (dry AMD)  besides vitamins and eating the right foods.  So this clean eating WOE is especially important for me to embrace.

I'm not looking for a cure-all, of course, but I know from past experience that I will just plain feel better.

Hi I'd like to squeeze in last minute.  

This is my first whole 30.  

I am experienced with real food but have never followed through on a program fully so here goes!  

Thanks so much :)

P.S. I am 35 years old, have had major health issues since 2005 & am much improved by eating well & exercising but really want to have a healthy not disordered relationship to eating & am hoping the whole 30 will help with that as well as my health issues. 

Lets Go!

Can I come, too?!  I was searching for someone with the same start date, and here you all are!  I did my first W30 two years ago and did well, lost weight (8#, but wasn't 100% compliant), felt great, ran my fist 5k... Then life happened and weight cropped up again.  I'm ready to go again!

I'm 39, married with 3 kids and sick and tired of being sick and tired!  ;)

I will say, while I did this two years ago I didn't make the forums a part of my experience, so this will be a new addition and hopefully will keep me a bit more on track.

Gibster2 I don't have any specific issues but just want to improve my overall health. I want the second half of my life to be even better than the first.

I'm really sorry about your macular degeneration. I hope this helps.

Hi, can I join in too? I wrote a hello on another list, and then noticed you all over here. My husband and I are starting our first whole 30 tomorrow as well. I don't usually get involved with forums, but I feel like I'm going to need the support and extra motivation as this gets rolling. I'm in my mid 30's with two little kids. My "sugar dragon" is a pretty big beast and my biggest challenge. Looking forward to getting started with all of you!

Hi, can I join in too? I wrote a hello on another list, and then noticed you all over here. My husband and I are starting our first whole 30 tomorrow as well. I don't usually get involved with forums, but I feel like I'm going to need the support and extra motivation as this gets rolling. I'm in my mid 30's with two little kids. My "sugar dragon" is a pretty big beast and my biggest challenge. Looking forward to getting started with all of you!

I'm in my early 30s with 2 little boys and a 3rd on the way. Sugar is definitely my ultimately problem and the thing I'm most hoping to get under control with this challenge. Welcome!!

And away we go!  My first two meals of the day are planned out (I'm working today) and dinner is still up in the air, but it's all good. 

Day 1 measurements and weight taken and recorded... yowza!  Let's do this!!!

Hi everyone!  Welcome to our newbies!

My plans for grocery shopping yesterday fell through, so I got up early today, left the house by 6:30, and drove to a store that's not so close, but they have a great produce section.  I was home by 7:45, everything put away;  I made breakfast, and next I'll start cooking a couple things for use during the week.

Have a great Day 1, everyone!

Archived