Starting Whole 30 on June 21st

GAgal

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@librarianprincess - I've been using a lot of fish, which I tend to like more than constant meat, although there have been a few meals when I was really craving the meat. And I am eating what seems to be a huge portion of vegetables at meals. I always have a tossed salad on the side, but I've been including lots of steamed vegetables along with the occasional sweet potato.

@ayeeffem - I've only had the occasional pre and post workout meal, but I've been scaling back the intensity of my workouts (it's been sticky and hot here) and just haven't felt the need for the extra food.

@lana217 - So sorry you've been having it so rough! And congratulations to you for working through it! I've found that eating a huge breakfast is a big help for me.

I hope everyone has a brilliant day!

I'm already having trouble with not wanting to eat any more meat. Last night I threw two boiled eggs in a big salad bc that seemed less offensive than the burger I'd planned with my salad. Maybe I just need more veggies! 

Again, see my post above about eggs and how many you should eat if they are your only source of protein in a meal. I'm only 5'2" with hands in proportion to my height and I can hold 4 on a good day!

Thanks for the input, jmcbn! I've found your tips very helpful. When I first started the Whole30, I was eating 2 eggs for breakfast, but I quickly realised I needed more breakfast. I'm 5'2" as well, and can reliably hold 3 eggs. Having enough for breakfast really helps me feel much better through the day.

....Having enough for breakfast really helps me feel much better through the day.....

Precisely this. Personally I like to mix up my proteins as I find it leaves me satiated for longer, but so long as you're getting enough the source doesn't really matter.

I don't have time to read all the posts here, but i"m glad our group is going strong!!

Headache., nausea and anxiety yesterday, cured with a pork chop, slivered almonds and dried fruit.  

Feel GREAT today!

I don't have time to read all the posts here, but i"m glad our group is going strong!!

Headache., nausea and anxiety yesterday, cured with a pork chop, slivered almonds and dried fruit.  

Feel GREAT today!

I gave the reply below to your post yesterday:

Some starchy veg will help with the headache, energy levels, and the transition to the new diet over the next few days - aim for a fist sized serving per day.

Also ensure you're getting half an ounce of water per pound of body weight daily.

Slivered almonds and dried fruit are not going to cure headaches, nausea & anxiety on the long term. In fact the dried fruits could well prolong those feelings. Try the starchy veg as suggested and you will feel better. 

Hi all,

Firefrog, glad to hear you are feeling better! The evening of day 3, after dinner I felt horrible (headache and muscle soreness). Day 4 had mild headache most of the day. Today I didn't wake up with a headache, so that is good news. But it is early here in CA, so we shall see how the day progresses. Biggest plus is that I haven't felt hungry at all! Anyone else notice a difference with their skin? Face is totally soft and smoother. Oh, I also discovered coconut cream! Delish and a great way to add creaminess to a sauce/dish.

Hope everyone has a great day 5!

I'm feeling TONS better! 

I just found out they are providing lunch here at work today... pizza of course.  I actually don't want it, so it's all good.  I have my W30 chili still, so I'll be happy as a clam with that while everyone else poisons themselves.

I tend to get smug when I have a WOE going on, especially with W30.  I lost look at what people are eating and mentally *tisk,tisk,tisk*.  Helps keep me from thinking that's what I want to eat too.

Sounds like we are all having a good Day 5.  This is great! 

@ LuLu - I'm glad you are feeling better today.

I made some proscuitto wrapped asparagus last night to go with my breakfast this morning and it's good cold. I'm gonna have to try tha with Gibster's turkey/apple smash.  Sounds yummy!

It is SO easy. Wash and prep asparagus, place on a baking pan, sprinkle with EVOO, toss to coat, slice prosciutto slices into 3 or 4 pieces and then wrap around asparagus. Place under broiler until prosciutto crisps. I turn mine over and do the other side. Easy Peasy.

Hi everyone,

Would it be ok if I joined you here on this forum? I actually started one day after you and I've introduced myself on a forum of my start date, but there doesn't seem to be much action there, and I would really like to interact more daily with other Whole30-ers :)

The asparagus with prosciutto sound great, and the ground turkey as well! I'll try to find the ingredients here, as white asparagus are more common, and there are usually only turkey breast available, not ground turkey.. but i'll get creative over the weekend!

Have a nice day!

Thanks for welcoming me Firefrog, Boadicea and GAgal!

I live the Netherlands so my day is almost over, but it has been quite good! I went to two different supermarkets today and I was happy to find some compliant pork/beef sausages, turkey breast to make ground turkey, smoked salmon and bacon, and ofcourse all different kinds of vegetables.. looking forward to a weekend full of preparing nice food to fill my freezer and fridge for next week!

I'm a little jealous of you, GAgal, it must be nice to have warm weather! Here the summer really hasn't started yet.. although in the heat it must be difficult to refuse offers of icecream and cold beers in the sun, so maybe I should count my blessings :)

Archived