Starting July 1st

misti

Starting my second Whole30 July1 , looking forward to it. Hit with stomach flu on day 32 of my last whole30 so was not able to complete reintroduction correctly as I defaulted to crackers and ginger ale --looking forward to reintroduction phase.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Marcella! I'm a dairy lover also so the only way I got through previously was to think about the things I COULD eat (not what I couldn't, and get all sad about it)!

Homemade mayo was the closest I got to a dairy style (aka creamy) condiment.

Instead of adding cheese, try nutritional yeast which has a cheesy flavour, you can add it to cashewnut cream or sprinkle on veggies etc. HOWEVER, I know we are not supposed to re-create things we aren't allowed to eat ie: SWYPO, so I hooooope it's ok to do this? Maybe I'm leading you astray....Moderators, help???

Thanks, Lea! That sounds like a good idea . Homemade salsa mixed into homemade mayo would be great on a Mexican type salad.

I've always used Hellman's mayo but just saw that there is sugar in it...time for me to get cracking on making my own. What type of oil do you use? Here in the Nordic countries rape seed (horrible name) is considered a healthy oil, but I'll need to check that vis a vis Whole30.  I've made my own cashew nut butter before so that's totally do-able, too. :) Have a great day and thanks for the advice. :)

Thanks, Lea! That sounds like a good idea . Homemade salsa mixed into homemade mayo would be great on a Mexican type salad.

I've always used Hellman's mayo but just saw that there is sugar in it...time for me to get cracking on making my own. What type of oil do you use? Here in the Nordic countries rape seed (horrible name) is considered a healthy oil, but I'll need to check that vis a vis Whole30.  I've made my own cashew nut butter before so that's totally do-able, too. :) Have a great day and thanks for the advice. :)

Avocado, macadamia nut oil, or mild and light olive oil are the most popular for home-made mayo. Rapeseed oil is not excluded, but it's certainly not your best choice. I'd recommend only using it when absolutely necessary.

Starting July 1st as well. This is my first time. I know it won't be easy, but I'm really excited to see how it affects my body / energy / mood as well as the weight loss outcomes. For someone who weighs themselves daily, not stepping on the scale is going to be the hardest part. 

Starting July 1st as well. This is my first time. I know it won't be easy, but I'm really excited to see how it affects my body / energy / mood as well as the weight loss outcomes. For someone who weighs themselves daily, not stepping on the scale is going to be the hardest part.

It was a hard habit to break, but after weighing in after my first Whole 30 it was a habit I have continued. It's very freeing to not longer be bonded to that hunk of plastics and electronics!

I don't want to wait for the 1st and give myself an opportunity to talk myself out of it so I'm starting today!!! I did one successfully a year ago but have tried again several times since and have not been able to stick with it...so very much going on...hoping this forum will help!

For all the other introverts out there - it's OKAY to lurk the forum! Just don't hesitate to reach out when you really need it. I'm one of those folks who "disappeared" from the January thread, but I still finished. One of my goals this time around is to make sure I post at least 2/week. I started early, on day 3, can't wait for the rest of you to join me!

I am onboard for a July 1 start!!  I am actually starting on the 29th so, it will be a Whole 32 because I NEED the support of a group.  My husband is "not sure" which means he is sure he doesn't want to do it - he just isn't sure he wants to tell me.  lol

This will be my first Whole30 in 2.5 years.  I am excited but leery because I know what the next week will bring.

ChrisKennedy, I'm starting today, the 29th, too! Need some extra days before the 4th of July to prep my mind so I don't slip :) 2nd Whole 30 here!

i also do the paleo lchf thing and i feel the same way. i can lose weight with lchf and feel somewhat better in some areas but the changes are never quite enough to sustain me. what country are you from?

Denmark, but I'm an ex-pat American. I would now  describe myself as Danish-American, as I've lived here longer than I ever did in the States :)

For all the other introverts out there - it's OKAY to lurk the forum! Just don't hesitate to reach out when you really need it. I'm one of those folks who "disappeared" from the January thread, but I still finished. One of my goals this time around is to make sure I post at least 2/week. I started early, on day 3, can't wait for the rest of you to join me!

That makes me feel better! Glad to hear from you  :)

I actually started my 2nd Whole30 today -- needed a couple extra days in before the 4th, so I won't slip during the weekend!

Did tons of cooking last night...made my breakfasts for the week (scrambled eggs, spinach, onions, pico) and packaged them up to take with to work (4 eggs per morning). Also, made the Whole30 Shepard's Pie....LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Grilled a ton of Brussels sprouts and chicken so it's ready to go at anytime. Planning to make Mayo tonight...the original version and the Hot Mayo version (Whole30 cookbook).

I've got a good feeling about making it through!!!

What is LCHF??

My house is almost ready for my husband and my first Whole30. I'm not getting rid of everything, but we never really kept sweets in the house anyway. I'm getting rid of the stuff that I am pretty sure will tempt me. This will be a very new experience for me as I have been using Weight Watchers points for MANY years now. I'm looking forward to seeing some of my "squish" hopefully melt away. But I'm also scared of the "carb flu." I run and teach fitness classes, so hopefully I can "fake it til I make it!" Lol

My husband and I completed our first Whole30 in May without doing any of the community aspects of it and decided that we were going to do another starting July 1. I have definitely noticed differences in the way I feel since coming off of it. I thought I would be able to continue the great habits that I had started, but found it incredibly difficult. I know what I have to do and this time I need to commit for good. I'm hoping that the community aspect may help keep me on my game... ;) 

So I'm in!  :)

My boyfriend and I are starting on July 1st too! I've completed one almost two years ago, but have gotten really far off again...he has never done it before. I'm excited to do it again and feel the amazing changes and results as well as develop some lifestyle changes to helping many of the techniques and choices stick this time. :)

okay, I have read the posts that call for connection via this forum during the July 1 Whole30. I totally agree except I don't find how to reply intuitive.  Is there a way post a response to a specific person on the thread. All I see is this way to reply or the opportunity to quote but then the reply still ends up at the bottom.

not a total social media idiot but this has me stumped for some reason.

thanks.

Ya, unfortunately that's the downside of a big group using one thread --- all the new replies are chronological ...

I often do twitter-style naming of people in bold, so it stands out as they scroll, for example I'd say, ya @CharlotteZ I hear what you're saying about the issue of replying to specific people.

With a big group thread it's kinda like we're all in a noisy cafeteria with a bunch of conversations going at once.

Started today! - thought I'd get a fresh start from Monday... :)

Meal Prep for Breakfast and Lunch as been done.. this is Round 1 for me, I got hubs on board as well. I have friends who have done this and Are on this plan. so I have plenty of help and answers to questions.. but nonetheless, this is going to be a challenge... I LOVE bread and Beer.. LOL   -   I have bloating and I don't know what I'm possibly allergic to or have sensitivities to, so that is one of the major reasons that I'm doing this... cleanse and see what happens when I add items back in.

:0)  Good Luck Everyone!

Started today! - thought I'd get a fresh start from Monday... :)

Meal Prep for Breakfast and Lunch as been done.. this is Round 1 for me, I got hubs on board as well. I have friends who have done this and Are on this plan. so I have plenty of help and answers to questions.. but nonetheless, this is going to be a challenge... I LOVE bread and Beer.. LOL   -   I have bloating and I don't know what I'm possibly allergic to or have sensitivities to, so that is one of the major reasons that I'm doing this... cleanse and see what happens when I add items back in.

:0)  Good Luck Everyone!

Meeee too! Stared today - we got this!

Archived