Starting July 1st

misti

Hi, all! I just thought I'd share some thoughts in the event that anyone finds them helpful.

First, I completed a W30 on Monday, 6/22. Realizing I didn't have enough time to do a proper reintroduction and thinking I had slayed "the dragon," I off-roaded a bit thinking I was going to show myself how much willpower I had gained. WRONG! I ate and drank terribly for four days (and have, thus, started the July W30 a bit early to regain control). So my advice is to carefully plan your reintroduction and post-W30 periods instead of thinking of this as a 30-day program, after which all is right in your nutritional world.

Second, the thought of eating out scares the heck out of me. I'm happy to report that I had a successful dinner at a sushi/hibachi restaurant last night. I made the Zingy Ginger Dressing from Well Fed 2, and took that plus a bottle of coconut aminos with me. A picture of my dinner is attached -- avocado salad over greens and carrots (with a sprinkle of sesame seeds), plus the chef's choice sashimi, hold the rice and any sauce (like what they put on the BBQ eel). Super yummy and healthy! (Note: They put ginger and wasabi on my plate, but I didn't eat it.)

post-71406-0-91899300-1435677263_thumb.j

Sorry that I write in a true "stream of consciousness" style! If you've made it this far and you're not asleep, thanks. :)

Best wishes to everyone! Although each of us will be on our own journeys this month, it sure is nice to have the support and knowledge of you all!

Stephanie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm appreciating all the amazing ideas...and the length of this THREAD! Wow! 

It's so exciting to see so many friends joining in! 

I'm going grocery shopping today so I can be prepared for restarting tomorrow as well. 

:)

I did not do a proper reintroduction, either.....so, this time I will. I have learned dairy gives me terrible congestion and junk food throws me into a carb-coma with a headache. But, I don't know about lentils.

My biggest challenge is partying.my friends respect my efforts, but. Lord, I love to drink.

Everyone ready for tomorrow? Shopping finished? Meals planned? Some cooking done? Plan for the 4th of July/holiday weekend plus a back-up plan in mind? Do not let that holiday derail you! 

I completed my first Whole 30 on 5/27 and have been doing a slow-roll intro up to this point. Last night I finally decided to test gluten (in the form of pizza with actual crust). It was delicious, but I suffered acid reflux last night, and am very bloated today - just as I expected! However, since I got that out of my system NOW I'm ready to get back on my 2nd Whole 30. 

for all you newbies, take it one day at a time. if you're having a problem or have a question, REACH OUT! Best of luck!

I am starting July 1 - I've been reading about Whole 30 for a couple of years, 'bout time I got around to actually doing it!!  I eat pretty well, but as I've been thinking about what I will eat based on what I do eat, I realize I rely on dairy a lot (cream in coffee, cheese, etc.)  Looking forward to some NSV (non-scale victories).

I am so ready! Been doing a lot of compliant meals since I finished up my whole 30 in May but I've also been enjoying my wine and a few other things. I never did a proper reintro so I'm going to try that this time, but we do have a wedding to attend early August so we shall see.

I woke up this morning with an abscessed tooth and don't have a dental appt till Thursday. Other than eggs, what are some soft Whole 30 protein foods? Right now I don't feel like eating anything but I definitely want to do the Whole 30 starting tomorrow and be compliant. I need some help.

If anyone is posting their "journey" or whatever you call it on Instagram and want to share, will you post a link here? I'm going to document my foods and feeeeeelings there if you want to follow me. :)

No idea how to do the link... Username: charisseeats

I woke up this morning with an abscessed tooth and don't have a dental appt till Thursday. Other than eggs, what are some soft Whole 30 protein foods? Right now I don't feel like eating anything but I definitely want to do the Whole 30 starting tomorrow and be compliant. I need some help.

I was having some serious gum trouble the first week of my 1st W30. One thing I did was make a big pot of chicken and veg soup and then put it through the blender. It didn't look great but tasted fine.  I also made a veggie hash, but cut everything very fine and cooked it a long time so everything was super soft.   For starchy carbs, baked potatoes and baked sweet potatoes are good. Can mash them up with some ghee.  Can also make a cauliflower mash.  Hang in there!

It's okay you've been around a while

Your not muffin impaired eggs stick!

I pretty much only use oil first really well

Sometimes also cl butter for flavor

Sometimes I don't use a muffin pan

I'll use a square pan and cut it up I find the oil stays in the pan Or you can always place a cookie sheet under the muffin pan

http://www.easypaleo.com/2012/01/23/my-favorite-egg-muffins/

Like they do

Also here's bunch more if a Newbie wants them

http://paleogrubs.com/egg-muffin-recipes

i'm going to make the power breakfast egg meatmuffins, #3 on the paleogrubs link. thanks so much for the info.

Yesterday I was all ready to go, today I'm feeling nervous.  I don't think I have planned and prepped enough...

If feels like one of those "will it ever be the right time, will I ever have planned enough" doubt moments.

Starting tomorrow as well. This will be my first Whole 30. Except for the last week (traveling and camping) I've been pretty much Whole 30 compliant for the last month except for stevia in my tea so hopefully it won't be too hard a transition. My biggest concern right now is I have a tooth that is really painful making it difficult to chew. Thank God eggs are allowed as eggs and soup will probably be the basis of my diet until I get this tooth fixed (root canal/crown). Any other suggestions for soft Whole 30 compliant foods?

Hey everyone! I'll be starting tomorrow too, this will be my second attempt at a whole 30 (last august I made it to day 28) but due to a cross country move I decided to stop. I wanted a big last meal with my family and the stress of moving while being compliant was doing more harm than good, so I quit. Now I am all settled and have made friends & have started a new career and I am ready to focus back on my eating habits. 

I am in desperate need of this right now, and some accountability! I can feel myself spiraling out of control day by day and I don't feel good mentally or physically. Lately my sugar cravings have been unstoppable and thus my brain is constantly feeling guilty. Its a slippery slope!! Glad to see that so many of you are starting tomorrow, I can't wait to share the journey with you all! 

Everyone ready for tomorrow? Plan for the 4th of July/holiday weekend plus a back-up plan in mind? Do not let that holiday derail you!

Yes 4th of July plan in place! My husband and I are doing our first Whole30 together, and when I told my mom about it, she decided she (and her husband, lol) would do it too. We are having a totally Whole30 compliant celebration at her house! It will just me the four of us and my three kids. We are excited!

Archived