Starting July 1st

misti

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's July 1st - at least it is here! The day has come! Technically I'm on day 40, but now that my body has adjusted to clean eating I'm using the upcoming round to tackle some potential intolerances I might have. There's lots of itching at inconvenient places involved, as well as a few red, swollen, dry and flaky patches around my eyes. I've never had this problem before, and am now trying to figure out whether it's caused by nuts (not good, but could live with it), coconut (a disaster) or a histamine intolerance (very much preferred). I've had trouble pinpointing the exact causes with my food diary, but just realized that I have occasionally taken medication for my hay fever which uses a good dose of antihistamines - so that might explain things.

I'll start today by eating the two stuffed peppers I have left and see if that makes it worse, and from tomorrow on nightshades and nuts will be eliminated completely, together with the medication. I'm refusing to give up coconut unless there's really no other option, so I'm hoping that the symptoms will vanish throughout the next week! Good luck to you all on the first day!

So here goes... I'm looking at this like I'm getting on a roller coaster but I'm excited about the ride and glad that there are so many likeminded people on the ride with me. Stay strong everybody x

So it's Day 1! And the hottest day in England so far  :rolleyes:  :huh:  Everyone was heavy on the ice-creams and frappuccinos at work yesterday, and I admit I indulged! Figured it was better to get it out the way so I didn't feel 'resentful' today, when it's even hotter!

was thinking on blending some frozen fruit and ice-cubes into a slushie tonight if it's too hot still - is that SWYPO? Is SWYPO a restart ?

So it's Day 1! And the hottest day in England so far  :rolleyes:  :huh:  Everyone was heavy on the ice-creams and frappuccinos at work yesterday, and I admit I indulged! Figured it was better to get it out the way so I didn't feel 'resentful' today, when it's even hotter!

was thinking on blending some frozen fruit and ice-cubes into a slushie tonight if it's too hot still - is that SWYPO? Is SWYPO a restart ?

Sorry, yup, SWYPO. Try some fruit infused water over ice instead....

Here we are, Day1! Having my coffee and about to head out for what may be my last "regular feeling" run. My legs are already totally smoked from teaching two cycling classes on Monday and teaching weights and Zumba yesterday, so that will make it challenging enough! Hope everyone has a great day!!

I'm in to begin today, July 1st! I have to take medication at bedtime that needs to be taken with food. I would really appreciate suggestions for something I can eat at bedtime that is light, but absorptive. For example, I used to eat half of a bagel or a bowl of ice cream before taking my meds. Thanks so much for your help and "Good luck everyone!"

Day 1 almost done and dusted!

Tonight I tipped out half a bottle of red wine when I got home from work - don't need ANY temptations. Had a large glass of mineral water with fresh lime juice and ice instead!

Last night I put on the slow-cooker and took another member's advice about making Perpetual Soup http://nourishedkitchen.com/perpetual-soup-the-easiest-bone-broth-youll-make/. I put an organic chicken, carrots, celery, water, bay leaves, salt and pepper in the cooker and put it on low for 24 hours. I got home tonight and have no idea what to do with it! I made it because it's supposed to be soooo good for you. Will have to think of 'tasty' ways to consume the broth.

Not sure if dinner was a success or not? I cooked some lovely salmon with capers & lemon, and made an avo salsa & a couple of prawns to go with it + a small salad. I couldn't finish all my dinner, but hubby was still hungry afterwards, so I ended up making him scrambled eggs (still hungry), then a small bowl of half a sliced banana, 2 sliced strawberries, slivered almonds & shredded coconut.

Am experiencing cooking burnout and feeling discouraged already (even though I've gone the distance in the past and completed at least 1 successful W30)...

It is tricky starting a W30 mid week. My suggestion to everyone is that we just get through the next few days without beeing too creative, when we get to the weekend THEN look out kitchen, time for a big cook up!

djoyce, thanks for those amazing suggestions!

Yesterday I was all ready to go, today I'm feeling nervous.  I don't think I have planned and prepped enough...

If feels like one of those "will it ever be the right time, will I ever have planned enough" doubt moments.

StinaBomb, it will NEVER be the right time, so jump in head first. You've got nothing to lose!

Day 1 almost done and dusted!

Tonight I tipped out half a bottle of red wine when I got home from work - don't need ANY temptations. Had a large glass of mineral water with fresh lime juice and ice instead!

Last night I put on the slow-cooker and took another member's advice about making Perpetual Soup http://nourishedkitchen.com/perpetual-soup-the-easiest-bone-broth-youll-make/. I put an organic chicken, carrots, celery, water, bay leaves, salt and pepper in the cooker and put it on low for 24 hours. I got home tonight and have no idea what to do with it! I made it because it's supposed to be soooo good for you. Will have to think of 'tasty' ways to consume the broth.

Not sure if dinner was a success or not? I cooked some lovely salmon with capers & lemon, and made an avo salsa & a couple of prawns to go with it + a small salad. I couldn't finish all my dinner, but hubby was still hungry afterwards, so I ended up making him scrambled eggs (still hungry), then a small bowl of half a sliced banana, 2 sliced strawberries, slivered almonds & shredded coconut.

Am experiencing cooking burnout and feeling discouraged already (even though I've gone the distance in the past and completed at least 1 successful W30)...

It is tricky starting a W30 mid week. My suggestion to everyone is that we just get through the next few days without beeing too creative, when we get to the weekend THEN look out kitchen, time for a big cook up!

djoyce, thanks for those amazing suggestions!

StinaBomb, it will NEVER be the right time, so jump in head first. You've got nothing to lose!

Bone broth ,I use it to make various soups, instead of store bought broths. you can make  chicken , beef, seafood and veggie soups and stew .Good luck to you.

Just finished my first veg whole 30 June 18th but I'm back for round 2.  I had a really stressful last two weeks of June and had too many late night snacks and drinks.  I'm hoping to eliminate snacking on fruit after dinner to hopefully really slay my sugar dragon so I don't fall back into bad habits so quickly after this round.  Can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing this round!

Here we go. Abscessed tooth. Great way to start a Whole 30. I don't want to eat. Breakfast is black coffee. Going to go out to the store and get unsweetened applesauce, bananas to mash, and chunk lite tuna that I won't have to chew.

Archived