Starting July 1st

misti

I did my day 1 weight amend measurements and out the scale away after so I guess I'm ready. New things this time around - I signed up for the Daily While 30 emails. Also will make at least one new recipe every week so as to stay out of the rut. Still working on my goals for this round.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eggs and spinach in ghee.  Yum!!  This is my 3rd whole 30 and I am so happy to have come to the point where I look forward to the (real) food we will eat, all the new recipes I want to try, and finding habits that will help me go beyond 30 days this time.  I know how much better I will feel within one week!  Enjoy, everyone!!

Today is our first day on the Whole30! Our son is 10 months old and we've been using exhaustion as an excuse to eat things we normally wouldn't. LOL I'm looking forward to getting healthy again! Breakfast: coconut oil "fried" eggs over kale, banana and black coffee. 

Why is Canada always preempting our 'Murrican holidays? ... Founding of the country, Thanksgiving, what's next? ...........sheesh! :)

So, it's Day 1, eh? (see what I did there?)

I'm thinking maybe meatloaf for lunch? Or possibly eggs?

59275715.jpg

I've had a good day...it's so hot ive had to force myself to eat and I've drunk oodles of water! I just want to sleep now and it's not even 4pm ;)

On an interesting note I've craved chocolate all day and I don't tend to eat it at all anymore as ever since the end of my first whole30 it makes me violently ill...just shows its all in the mind...

Alright! I'm in!  I finished my first Whole 30 at the end of May and am still going through a slow-roll reintroduction phase. I've felt myself slowly derailing the last week or so. Going in for Round 2 seems just the thing!  I'll try to recruit my sister again (she did the last one with me) and possibly a friend or 2 this time around.

I just finished my first W30 during the month of June so today is Day 31... However I want to continue for July so today is also Day 1! I had planned to do the slow-roll reintroduction when I get there and I am wondering if you could share about what you mean by "slowly derailing the last week or so"? I'm afraid I will do the same as I've done with different eating plans in the past and also find myself creeping back to old ways. Could you give an idea of what off plan ingredients caused the trouble, and any other pitfalls that might be helpful to watch for?

Hi, group! Here for day 1. This is my second whole 30. The first one was May 11th. Glad to meet everyone, and looking forward to your posts. :)

Breakfast: 3 eggs fried in ghee, a slice of compliant roast beef, and sauteed tomatoes.

Lunch: Indian spiced ground beef on romaine lettuce leaves, Apple with sunflower seed butter.

Dinner: compliant Apple chicken sausage. Whole 30 ratatouille.

Hooray! DAY 1!

I'm in. Day 1 here we come. I've been doing Whole30s intermittently since Sept 2013. I've fallen off the wagon lately and am excited about joining a forum-wide month.

My biggest obstacle is getting myself into the gym, so here I go.

Good tips all 'round! Wanted to comment on this one item though:

(a) I don't know if I'm egg muffin impaired ( :blink:), but I can't seem to make these without them sticking to the wrapper ... I even have doubled-up and used spray & wrappers!

(b) What brand of spray did you find without soy lecithin? Seems all the sprays I've seen, whether it's Pam, olive oil, or coconut all have it. :-/

The brand I have is called "ProChef - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Cold Pressed" cooking spray.  It does not have soy lecithin in the ingredients list.  I bought it at Costco up here in Canada.

Sometimes they do stick to the wrappers a bit but it is better than half the egg muffin stuck to the muffin tin.

Off to a good start today.  Did some weight and measurements, I had poached eggs (my go-to in the morning), some avocado and a banana.  I am a fan of poached eggs because I do some travelling with occasional breakfasts on the road.  You never know with scrambled eggs, fried eggs or other eggs in terms of how they are cooked or added ingredients.  Poached are pretty difficult to screw up and make non-W30 complaint.

Enjoy the journey and embrace the process!

Cheers

DJ

I had poached eggs (my go-to in the morning), some avocado and a banana. 

Don't forget your veggies, and don't let the fruit push them off of your plate....!!

I'm guessing you had at least 4 eggs, right?  ;)

Day 1 of my 1st Whole30! I've been mostly Paleo/Primal for the past several years, but have fallen off the wagon as of late. A severe back injury has hampered my exercise, so really need to focus on reducing inflammation. Excited to see how it goes!

Danielle

I just finished my first W30 during the month of June so today is Day 31... However I want to continue for July so today is also Day 1! I had planned to do the slow-roll reintroduction when I get there and I am wondering if you could share about what you mean by "slowly derailing the last week or so"? I'm afraid I will do the same as I've done with different eating plans in the past and also find myself creeping back to old ways. Could you give an idea of what off plan ingredients caused the trouble, and any other pitfalls that might be helpful to watch for?

For me it was wine and cheese. It started as an occasional but then started being nightly again. Alcohol really does slow the metabolism, and it also causes me to want to overeat or eat mindlessly so I know it is not a healthy food for me.

Hooray for day 1!! 

I ate 3 eggs with a handful of kale, a tomato & 1/2 avocado this morning. Lunch will be grilled chicken and roasted veggies in ghee. Dinner I will be eating out with friends at a sushi place, I'm not worried tho, I'll be prepared with my coconut aminos! 

I Ran 2 miles this morning. I am tired already today, but feeling very excited. Eating breakfast is a big challenge for me because I typically don't eat for 4+ hours after waking, but I took someones advice from another comment and skipped the coffee until after I ate. Seemed to help, I cooked even though I didn't feel hungry and ate the whole plate because it was so good. Win! 

I did forget to weigh and measure yesterday so I will be doing that today when I get home, and then throwing out the scale. I found that on my last go-around I really need to focus on non-scale victories because of how discouraging it can be to not see those numbers drop, especially when you read all of the stories of people loosing major weight! I really only would like to drop the 11 pounds I gained since moving last august, but I would be satisfied with simply clearing up this brain fog, getting my energy back and feeling in-control of my choices again. Lately I've been feeling as if the food chooses me, not the other way around  :unsure:

Keep up the good work everyone! Its so nice to know that so many of us are on this journey together!!  :D

I cooked even though I didn't feel hungry

"I like baked potatoes, man. I don't have a microwave oven; it takes forever to cook a baked potato in a conventional oven. Sometimes I'll just throw one in there, even if I don't want one, because by the time it's done....who knows?"

- Mitch Hedberg

Hi everyone,

I started on the 1st of July and this is my first Whole30. I found the evening a little tricky as worked late and wasn't prepared. Lesson learnt: I need some supplies in the office if this happens again. After 4 big weeks of work and diet and exercise going out of the window, I'm looking forward to a healthy fresh start and feeling like myself again :)

I am starting my 3rd Whole30.  The Whole30 food is the easy part for me. The rest of the recommendations regarding sleep, exercise, stress, meditation, etc. are getting easier the longer I eat Paleo. The difficult part is coming off of the Whole30 and learning the boundaries I need to set for myself with food re-introduction. So my goal for this Whole30 is to be more aware about the emotions and meaning surrounding food and learn how to manage the impact on me. I think balancing on and off track and allowing me to be imperfect will be my BHAG. 

Archived