Starting July 1st

misti

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is everyone's Day 1?

I am psyched to do this right and this time I'm pulling out all the stops. I've added exercise to the mix. I will lose weight this time! I will!

Went to the gym, and walked 2 miles, did 10 minutes on the elliptical, 30 minutes on the bike, and swam 6 laps. Now I can't walk. lol.

Since I am 59, I like to call this little circuit I do, the Iron Geezer. Works for me!  :)

I've changed my plans for dinner. I found compliant spaghetti sauce! I'm having it with apple chicken sausage on top of a baked potato. Yum! Can't wait.

Have a great evening.  :D

If anyone is posting their "journey" or whatever you call it on Instagram and want to share, will you post a link here? I'm going to document my foods and feeeeeelings there if you want to follow me. :)

No idea how to do the link... Username: charisseeats

Such a great idea! I'm following you: iamjulienadeau

My first Whole30 :) I wanted to eat "almost" Whole30/Paleo to see how my body react before doing a Whole30. So positive! My digestive tract is loving it and the inflammation in my body is leaving me. Still waiting for the energy, but since my thyroid is out of balance, I'll wait some more.

My difficulty is getting new inspiring recipes. So I Pin a lot here: https://www.pinterest.com/juliejeanne/bonne-bouffe-paleo/

Officially started my Whole30 today! I've actually been Whole30 compliant since Monday, but signed up for the Whole30 daily with today being my start date.

I did a Whole30 in 2013 and it made me feel fantastic, but I did not discover that food freedom or conquer the sugar dragon and that's what I'm after! My problem the first time around was that I was just so focused on losing 5 or 10 lbs.that when my 30 days was up and I hadn't lost an ounce I just threw in the towel and ate everything I hadn't been allowed for the past month and I actually gained about 15 lbs. over a few months. During my Whole30 my cravings had pretty much gone away and I felt great but I was looking for something else and when it didn't happen I threw away all the good things that had happened to my body during those 30 days.

I have a different mindset and I'm doing it right this time! Good luck to all of you!

Day One under my belt!  It was a bit harder than I thought.  While making lunches for the kiddos I had to remind myself not to put the cheese into my mouth.  I had sweet potato and apple hash with pancetta, an egg, and wilted spinach for breakfast, a salad with grilled chicken (lots of veggies), and the Whole 30 raspberry vinagrette for lunch, and a burger with sweet potato bun, roasted bok choy, and streamed carrots for dinner.  I found the vinagrette too oily for my taste so I added more apple cider vinegar.  I made the mayo too and it was o.k., the ketchup was great.  Bring on tomorrow!

I made it through the day, but need to do better planning for tomorrow. I had scrambled eggs, bulletproof type coffee (with ghee and coconut oil) and an orange for breakfast. I left to go shopping thinking I would be back by lunch. I didn't get home until 3:30 and so I ended up getting a banana and a bottle of water to tide me over until I got back home. For supper I had salmon, spinach, a small sweet potato and half an avocado. Goal for tomorrow - three full meals and more veggies.

Hello everyone.  I started my 2nd W30 today.  I completed my first one last summer (had a failed attempt in January).  I had great results with my first one and felt really good.   I slept really well, lost 9 pounds and felt great.  

The food restrictions weren't too difficult, the toughest thing for me is the no alcohol.  So many people talk about needing to fix their relationship with food, well, I need to assess my relationship with alcohol.  I rarely go a day without at least some wine and very often martinis.  I've been going thru some tough stuff with my teenage son, and it's very comforting to have a drink.  So, that being said, I am looking forward to putting some space between me and my martini shaker,  getting some good sleep again and reducing the size of my muffin top!

Here's to success, good luck everyone!

Day one, almost over! 

Lunch was mixed greens salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, mushrooms tossed with olive oil and raw organic apple cider vinegar. Added tuna poke made with coconut amino and sprinkled with sunflower seeds and strawberries.

Dinner was seared salmon with herbs cooked with avocado oil with roasted asparagus and butternut squash and blueberries.

Finished Day One! Need to do some work on the food quantities - a lifetime of "dieting" and portion control left me hungry throughout the day. Eating green beans with blanched almonds at 11p just to stop the stomach pains enough to fall asleep. Tomorrow will be another opportunity. Praying for good sleep, I'm cranky enough without my Diet Coke and carbs and candy ...

I started mine today too!  Unfortunately, I have a terrible headache now! 

AS MeGA has said make sure you are taking enough water on board. You may also benefit from including more starchy veg in the first days if you're transitioning from a typical SAD diet - think potatoes of all varieties, plantain, yam, squash, pumpkin etc.

Day 1 in the pocket. I prepared lots of roasted veggies, mixed greens and made the breakfast casserole in the slowcooker. Lots of water and tea and one black coffee in the morning. Tomorrow I will start my day with coffee with ghee and coconutmilk.

Day 2 salad with smoked chicken for lunch and for dinner steamed vegetables with salmon. The casserole for breakfast is really jummie.

Good Whole30 day tot everyone.

I'm going to have to change my mindset - I'm not looking at this as a new Whole30/day 2 but as continuing the old one on day 42, which means that I'm a tiny bit slack when it comes to the rules. A friend is staying over unexpectedly, so we went for dinner and since it's so insanely hot I ordered orange juice and a salad that I know isn't 100% compliant but hasn't caused a reaction before. Not a good way to start the first day, so I've mentally kicked my butt and will take it seriously again.

I've made myself eat two bell peppers yesterday to see if they have anything to do with my skin reactions around the eyes (a colleague said she can't eat them either) and again looked like Disney's version of Quasimodo this morning. So they're definitely out. They might not be related to the itching though, because only the eczema got worse but not the itching. Maybe it's both nuts and peppers? It'll be a long month of trial and error...

Archived