Starting July 1st

misti

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes 4th of July plan in place! My husband and I are doing our first Whole30 together, and when I told my mom about it, she decided she (and her husband, lol) would do it too. We are having a totally Whole30 compliant celebration at her house! It will just me the four of us and my three kids. We are excited!

that's great. my daughter thinks i'm crazy for doing this and my husband is totally on board to start tomorrow with me except for one tweak. he's not giving up his beer lol but i'm glad he's on board as for as the food because he's a much better cook than i am. and beer doesn't tempt me. it's the ghosts of ben and jerry that i'm afraid of. good luck!

Today I've had my last cappuccino and bid farewell to bacon sandwiches for a while.  Breakfast and lunch are packed and ready to go in my bag to work.  I'm ready to do this thing!  Good luck for tomorrow everyone.

Hi there! I'm starting my 1st Whole 30 July 1st. I have sever hip bursitis, chronic back pain from a failed spine surgery, nerve damage and Fibromyalgia. To further ice my proverbial cake of woes, I've gained 35-40 lbs during the past 3 uyears when the bulk of this came to a head. I'm excited to take control of my body and life with Whole 30.

Me, 4 Soldiers from our Fort Drum Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) clinic and 2 TBI staff members are starting tomorrow morning 01 Jul 2015. We took photos and our measurements today: weight, body fat, inches around waist. We have an "appointment" to reassess on 31 JUL 2015. A very motivated gang of 7 up here at Fort Drum! 

Last July I did my first Whole 30 Challenge and went from 25% body fat to 11% body fat.

Really looking forward to resetting my habits! I'm approaching this with a strategy of one protein, 2 or more veggies per meal. I'm thinking of hard boiled or scrambled eggs in the morning.

Also using cut up pepper slices to dip in guacamole!! Good luck everyone!

To anyone who has completed a W30, did it make you drop any weight?

Hey everyone, I am starting my first Whole 30. I am generally pretty bad at healthy eating and staying strong so looking forward to testing my willpower this month!

Glad to see my gal-pal from work posting on her first W30 - you'll be great Nic!

I'm in! Had a work potluck today with way too many goodies and I think I ate pizza 4 out of the last 5 days! Thankfully my boyfriend is really supportive although he wouldn't do it with me... I've done this a few times now so even though I'm minimally prepared right now, I know I will do great!! Good luck to everyone new and old!

Jill

Hey Everyone,

I'm in and very excited for the official Whole30. This will be my third W30 experience. I didn't actually complete the first one: I made it 29 days at the end of 2012 but caved at a Thanksgiving celebration that I had originally thought was happening the day after the program. I promptly kicked myself afterwards, but succumbed to more holiday frivolity over the next month. My second experience in early 2014 was much more successful, but I didn't take the time to do the Re-Introduction phase and I regret that. My diet and health has been slipping slowly over the last nine months and I'm really excited to get things back on track.

What I am most looking forward to is doing it with large group in an official setting, as I think that it should ratchet up the accountability for me. In light of my of the obvious fact that I have trouble staying on plan over special holiday celebrations, and also in light of the fact that if I miss my Independence Day Mint Julep I might just "Kill All the Things" I've decided that I will be joining you all on Sunday, the 5th.  I'll be lurking here over the weekend, and I'll see you there!

Cheers,

--Brandon

I'm in for July 1st! Tried it in May and made it 14 days and called it quits due to spending too much on groceries and the stressors of not being prepared enough. Had great results just in those 14 days so I am here to try it again! Best of luck to everyone!

I am in. I've been trying to string together 30 consecutive days since May 1st. I've cheated 3 times, and although I feel generally much much better in my skin (and my brain) I REALLY want to have the discipline to go 30 days straight. Looking forward to a restart with you all!

Julie :wub:

Archived