Starting July 1st

misti

I don't necessarily WANT to do another Whole 30, but I did my first one in March and it was the only thing that has helped my numerous health issues this year and helped me feel better and lose weight without even trying. I failed to exercise even once in March and still lost 11 pounds and many inches and felt amazing. Since then I've gotten married, taken a European honeymoon, transitioned jobs so yeah, you could say that I haven't exactly been compliant since then, and I've definitely gained back the weight as well as come down with a severe vitamin D deficiency and some potential thyroid issues. I'm ready to stop making excuses and start taking care of myself again in a way that I know works. 

I'm in!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Committing to July 1 start!

Did my first Whole 30 at the end of April - was on Day 28 when I fell from a treadmill post workout, fracturing a bone in my foot and spraining my ankle - so I never measured or anything.

Challenging month with the injury, so now I want to try again and FINISH this time!

I'm in that boat now - rolled my ankle a week ago and broke a bone in my foot. I figure I need to concentrate on my eating now more than ever to help myself heal.

Hi all

This will be my second Whole30. Did my first a couple of years ago and my diet has gone steadily downhill ever since.

Look forward to chatting with you all.

Jayne x

Ok. I'm officially in!! I finished my first whole 30 in May, been trying to remain compliant, but haven't really. I didn't do my reintroducing properly either. So I WILL do it this time!!

I decided the only thing I would be missing over the holiday is alcohol and really, I always get a hangover and regret drinking so, if all I'm really missing is the hangover, what's to miss??

I'm in! I did my first Whole30 in March this year and was amazed at how much energy I had and how well I felt. I've gradually slipped back into some old habits so starting July 1st will be the boost I need. Bring it on!

I did the whole30 last April and loved it!! I'm from Brazil and I grew up enjoying real food so to me the whole30 is like going back to my roots!

Looking forward to do it again and this time with this support group, that's gonna be fun!  :)  :)

There's an official group starting up on the first... I'm trying to psyche myself up to join yall! It's hard thinking about the 4th of July though!!

Rely on the group and you will make it! 

I'm in again on July 1st!

I finished my first Whole30 two weeks ago and I have had terrible luck introducing foods. Right now, other than eating stuff that has some added sugar in it (think protein powder, not cookies), I'm still eating Whole30. On Friday night, I had a baked potato with butter and a little sour cream, and I was sick for the next two days, sick as in having chills and abdominal pain. So, for right now, I'm a little scared to go too far off the Whole30. I'm planning on trying some wheat and gluten free granola on Wednesday. I have a birthday coming up, and I'm trying to work my way up to having a piece of cake, but I don't know if I will get there. 

The nice thing about this phase is that I don't have to be super strict, though I find that I reject a lot of foods simply because I don't like the way they make me feel. It will be interesting to see whether starting again July 1st will be a big change from what I'm doing now.

How fitting that the first Whole30 took place on July 1st, 2009?  I'm so anxious to start my first experience!!!!  Been reading my #Whole30 bible and i'm so looking forward to seeing gains in my weightlifting routine, my sleeping pattern, my memory and my mood.  #Bringit #whole30 #iamcanadian.

I have been trying to finish a second whole 30 for months now. Will restart on July 1st. I have never used the forums before, will give it a try this time. Reading the new whole 30 book. Prepare and plan. Excited to get to know this forum and the people. :)

I read the Whole30 book while staying with my daughter who she and her family eat Paleo plus gluten-free. That was the best primer for me when I started my first Whole30 June 1st. I am on week 3 now and feel good plus I have lost inches in my waiste! Luv handles are nearly gone! I will do another Whole30 in July again! This is a program that requires no special pills or drinks to make you lose the weight/inches...love it! :P

Archived