Starting July 1st

misti

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, what MeGa said above re going easy on the nuts, and also coconut water is recommended really only for endurance events or for those in jobs where they are likely to become dehydrated. It is effectively a 'light fruit juice' and should not replace your water intake.

Will do! I drink a riduluous amount of squash with my water normally so I figure if I want the sweetness, especially after a run or a workout, I'll be able to have a little of that instead and get myself weened off?

Roster as of 6/30/15:

(182 PEOPLE!!!!)

22twelve

Abstone53

acmurphy

Adrian0808

Agos

AmandaO

Anetpike

Ann C.

Annababy

arebelinchucks

areldi

Ateare

ayr156

backwoodsgirl

Bama

bcote

BeASong

beckyclay

BL0NDZ1LLA

bluepen

BonnieO

bonvino

Britishgal

britt_nicole

Bronwyn

calibilly

cancon35

careindl

carla_nv

catiii

cavechick_nicky

CaveMomma

CharlotteZ

chav6089

ChrisKennedy

chrissy popham

Cjan

cjroby49

Ckensler

claws

CoachDuBose

cross68

CzarinaKat

dallison1

DanielleG

dcrosley_3

Debbieblalock

Debzella

deliafaye

dermatomyositis girl

Dietitian1996

dilleylh

DR JLH

drtracyb

dsly81

e430

E93

eliz991

ElvenSong1

erin37

Fityaya

FLfun

fmr_sailor

FPZ

GAgal

galny

gil0325

gisellem

gogirl

helloitsrosieb

HeyJude

hlansford

hollywood

Honch

hstulips

IrishEyes

janellewhole30

Janicezayas

JayneNZ

Jen Bresette

jenifarias42

jennybrown40

jenty

JenX

Jessiechestnut

Jfish7722

jmchowat

Jmn1962

jodea

JourneyOnK8

Kaatje64

KasDeNeui

kathyzadak

Kiraness

Kirkor

kittyb

kyrakoel

Lasaly

LaurieRC

leaC

LeeJS

LibbyG

Liscam

lmckeirnan

LMK2013

lnadel

lourdesengel

lswplains

Lucia

lucirebecca

Lucky_Bean

lulumofatta

lynnsutelman

Madeleinek

Marcella

Margot

MarlaineT

MCC

mcki0133

MeGA"gardener"

Megren06

meints

MelissaKramer

Michelle B

MichelleG84

missmunchie

misti

MistyHAnderson

mmlbaylor

mollyjored

mona

monee2000

Mrsgutz

nanaof4

nellagirl11

nlehrman

NourishFlourishandEat

pack2rule

PaulaSab

Pepi

pharmgirl

pickle5421

PrincessKalico

Rissee

Ritznj

rockinrain

Rona Morrow

Roussa57

Rpullom

rstanleywilliams

Running131

Sam Beard

Sammi1195

Sarahl

SaraMW87

sbrad28

ShariBear

shasharnc

sheri_h

shh27

sketchlibrarian

softlysoaring

Spicymui

SSItry

staci_ny

star333

Stellala

stephaniejae

StinaBomb

Suzahbelle

SuzieQ2U

SuzySV

tallblackchick

tdale

Tko2011

TrishaT

Vicky Duecker

Victoria Taulbee

vincent

wcroto

wyndomchick

Yurbutt

Will do! I drink a riduluous amount of squash with my water normally so I figure if I want the sweetness, especially after a run or a workout, I'll be able to have a little of that instead and get myself weened off?

Weaning is only continuing to feed your sugar dragon. My advice would be to go cold turkey. You'll only be making it harder on yourself by delaying/prolonging the cravings.

Weaning is only continuing to feed your sugar dragon. My advice would be to go cold turkey. You'll only be making it harder on yourself by delaying/prolonging the cravings.

Yikes! I've done it before but only for a week (going cold turkey, not whole30) and I was such a moody sod so I know it needs to be done. I'm trying to rid the house bit by bit of non-whole 30 before July hits... so once it's gone, it's gone! 

I'm in for July st. This will be my second round...I'm finish my first today. I feel so good that I just want to continue for another 30, want to put that sugar dragon in its place for good! Looking forward to taking the journey with everyone.

I'm ready for a successful Whole30.  I completed 18 days and then let my old diet mentality monster win and derail my efforts.  I've faced that beast and come up with plans to thwart his efforts this time.  He and the sugar dragon can live in a deep dark hole somewhere.

Even in the short time I followed the program I had significant health benefits in regards to diabetes, joint pain and fatigue.  Imagine the possibilities.

July 1 will find me wholeheartedly committed to a better life through better food choices.

Hi Everyone, glad to be back into another W30. This will be my third and I've roped in a couple of girls from work (newbies), and my hubby again.

I'm in dire need to get my body back into a 'good place'. Unfortunately I fell way off the wagon after my 2 earlier W30's (Jan 1 and March 1). I've been super stressed with home and work (moved house recently and am organising our office move of 130 people which takes place in around 5 weeks).

My body went into shock when I moved house, I was mentally stressed, not eating right, putting a lot of physical stress on my body and it showed. I developed a cold-sore and my skin was TERRIBLE! Some weird rash on my arms which you couldn't see, but I could feel, dry skin, just awful!

Looking forward to chatting with everyone and helping out my work peeps! :D

Leanne xx

Hi I am "re" starting on July 1st! I am currently on day 19 - but I know I had a slip up when we went out to eat & there was bbq sauce on my chicken breast :( I am sure it had sugar in it. But I will continue the plan for my own health until the "Official" restart! So excited! 

Hello, I'm in too for July W30......! I think i'm gonna start on 29 June cause it's monday!

It's definitely my first W30, but i've been on AIP ( auto immune protocol) for more than a year now, and it's been GREAT for my autoimmune disease.... I've noticed that Whole30 is very similar to AIP, and so I wanna try it, cause I need some new challenge , and get back to more strict rules, cause sometimes i still fall in very bad attitudes :-(

I'm from Italy (rome) ;

Good Luck everybody!

I finished my first Whole30 about 2 months ago. It changed my life! Am excited to start another one on July1st! Even have several people in my community committed! I hope more and more people get on board and realize how effective this is!

Archived