Starting July 1st

misti

Starting July 1. Just tried the Fast Metabolism Diet, epic failure! Hope this works for me. Any 4th of July suggestions?

Don't think of this as a diet.  I have done this once and its the path to failure.  Take it one day at a time, for 30 days.  That is the assignment.  After you are done, how the work transitions to a lifestyle is the next challenge.  30 days.  You can do it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy cow....this is an amazing thread!!

I chose July 1 as a start date 2 months ago....I have been reading Whole30 & snooping around this site for info over the past 2 months. 

This Forum has been so helpful to me while prepping & planning!! I am excited to make all the changes & see to how my body & my mind improves!!

I've been a vegetarian for the past 30 yrs...I have slowly been bringing meat back into my meals since my decision 2 months ago & I must say I feel fuller for longer.... & that is huge.

Looking forward to "talking" with all of you!!!! Cheers!!!

I have always wanted to do this but my family ( husband and 2 teenage kids) aren't really supportive. Any tips on how to be successful and still take care of your family, food wise? How do you stick to it when your family brings pizza in the house ? Still planning on July 1st though. Just ordered the book :)

I started June 15th, so will finish my first Whole30 on the 14th, but I'm thinking I might just keep on trucking and make it a Whole45. I'm not worried about the 4th of July (although I'm going to a 2-day festival and am a little worried about my meals - I'll plan ahead and have a cooler in the car!), but I have another event the weekend of the 18th where I'm renting a house with friends, etc. I know I can do it if I really want to though...

I have a vacation planned in Idaho the first week of August, so I would finish before that trip regardless...

I have always wanted to do this but my family ( husband and 2 teenage kids) aren't really supportive. Any tips on how to be successful and still take care of your family, food wise? How do you stick to it when your family brings pizza in the house ? Still planning on July 1st though. Just ordered the book :)

I'm doing it solo too - my OH isn't interested because he won't be able to have a beer or chocolate for 30 days  :rolleyes:

Gonna suck when he's sat chowing down on chocolates and snarfing down a cold one... not really thought of what to do about that yet either  :blink:

Okay, here we go...We will be on vacation during the first 5 days of the challenge, so I have got to do some serious planning!  This will be our first Whole 30.

acmurphy, you'll be fine! As you said, just do lots of prep, anticipate the difficult situations like snack times, and check in with this thread - we'll help you through...

I just finished It Starts with Food and have started reading the Whole30 book.  I've officially made my start date July 1st as well.  I'm excited, but nervous that I will mess up (perfectionism, ugh).  I'm hoping to convince my husband to do it with me so that meals are easier and we can support each other.  

I'm a little bit scared that I won't make it through 30 days...

Best tip: resolve that quitting is simply not an option. Period. Do your prep work, come here for questions, and make it happen. All the tools are available and you'll be so grateful when you look back on successfully keeping this promise to yourself.

I have successfully completed 2 whole 30 in the past, last one was in January. Since then however I have struggled to get through more than five or six days. I think I struggle when I don't have a larger support group to back me. I generally stick to Paleo but tend to go overboard if I'm not eating that way. I'm going to start tomorrow Saturday and try and get into the swing of things before the official start. Here we go!

Archived