Starting July 1st

misti

I want to join also but my spouse seems to have some misgivings. any advice on going along? Problem is I am the cook in the Family.

Wcroto, I too am the cook of the family (husband, 2 teenage boys). Hubby supported what I was doing 1st W30. He saw me results & joined me on 2nd W30. Boys are a lost cause!!! Just cook W30 meals and adapt slightly for non W30 family members.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting to prepare for July 1 start date this weekend. My first W30 was last September and loved it! Lost a lot of inches and 26 lbs since then ~ makes this time around even more exciting in much smaller clothes and so much healthier.

Looking forward to all of your comments and inspiration!

I am starting the Whole30 for the first time on July 1st too! I am gluten and dairy intolerant but have not gone a day without it since finding out last year. Hopefully I can get through next month.

Starting July 1st! Did this in March and it was really successful. Had a bit of a rough patch with the reintroduction phase and it's been downhill since. Decided I want to do it again because I see a lot of the skin problems I have coming back and really want to get rid of them and figure out what causing them as well as get back all those good healthy feelings I had while I did it. I know it's going to be hard and I'm comforted by reading all these posts. Looking forward to sharing w you all as well as providing encouragement!

Wow!!! What a great group :) Scrolling through all the posts this morning puts in perspective all the great people changes their lives and that are in a very similar spot compared to myself! ALSO, I see some of the lovelies in here from our "Starting May 11th" group! I ended my first Whole30 on June 9th. Since then, I off-roaded for about a week, introduced dairy back in and had awful, awful reactions. Since then, I've been trying to stay on track and do another Whole30 BUT, I keep derailing and having to start over.

I'm going to jump on this train with you all and complete my 2nd Whole30! I might actually start on Monday, because we have a trip planned for the weekend of July 25.

We got this!

Hi, everyone! I'm also jumping on the train. Woo-hoo! I am ready to keep on going. I started my first Whole30 on May 11th, and completely botched the off-roading. So this time, I'm going to do it right.

Glad to be here.  :)

Hi Mcki! 

Hi, everyone! I'm also jumping on the train. Woo-hoo! I am ready to keep on going. I started my first Whole30 on May 11th, and completely botched the off-roading. So this time, I'm going to do it right.

Glad to be here.  :)

Hi Mcki! 

YAYAYAYAYA Debz!!!!!!!!!!! You found it :) WE GOT THIS!

128 people now: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/28509-starting-july-1st/page-7#entry305404

<5 days, folks!

• Got your cupboards cleaned out of the crap?
  • Do you have some ideas for what to make the first week?
  • Been practicing reading labels? (soy is in everything it seems like, and watch for all the names sugar can hide under: Sneaky Sugars)
  • What about contingency plans for unexpected stuff that happens at work?
  • Are you aware that a lot of social media places (instagram, tumblr, facebook, etc) are *rampant* with SWYPO's masquerading as compliant items?
  • Have you read the cautions about leaning too heavily on fruit, nuts, and nut butters?
  • Are you ready for black coffee? (I recommend AeroPress plunged over ice)
  • Ready to embrace all the aspects of Whole30 in addition to just the food stuff? Mindful eating, good sleep, stress management, etc.?

I'm in for July st. This will be my second round...I'm finish my first today. I feel so good that I just want to continue for another 30, want to put that sugar dragon in its place for good! Looking forward to taking the journey with everyone.

HEY JMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Administrators

128 people now: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/28509-starting-july-1st/page-7#entry305404

<5 days, folks!

• Got your cupboards cleaned out of the crap?
  • Do you have some ideas for what to make the first week?
  • Been practicing reading labels? (soy is in everything it seems like, and watch for all the names sugar can hide under: Sneaky Sugars)
  • What about contingency plans for unexpected stuff that happens at work?
  • Are you aware that a lot of social media places (instagram, tumblr, facebook, etc) are *rampant* with SWYPO's masquerading as compliant items?
  • Have you read the cautions about leaning too heavily on fruit, nuts, and nut butters?
  • Are you ready for black coffee? (I recommend AeroPress plunged over ice)
  • Ready to embrace all the aspects of Whole30 in addition to just the food stuff? Mindful eating, good sleep, stress management, etc.?

And everyone is going to eat a full template breakfast within an hour of waking and also make sure that they are eating at least the template amounts for each of three meals, right?!  :D

Google "Whole30 no egg breakfast" for suggestions on what to have if you can't stand eggs or think you'll get bored of them, there are a bazillion options out there.  Basically the answer is food.  Eat food.  Three times a day.  ;)

I'm starting my first Whole 30 July 1st, and I'm 8 months pregnant!  Excited and scared all at the same time.   :)

bluepen - yeh you! Such courage to be trying something new nutrition wise, and bringing another life into the world.  :)

I have always wanted to do this but my family ( husband and 2 teenage kids) aren't really supportive. Any tips on how to be successful and still take care of your family, food wise? How do you stick to it when your family brings pizza in the house ? Still planning on July 1st though. Just ordered the book :)

Hey Janicezayas, anyone that's read my posts on previous threads knows that I had the same stuggles as you (hubby, 2 teenage boys). You have to remind yourself that you're doing this for YOU. Sure, we all love pizza, but you know that if you eat the pizza, it will ruin your amazing W30 eating plan and you'll need to start again - you won't be tempted, will you...!   I :wub:  my red wine, but I didn't drink a drop on my first W30 - you're not doing this for anyone but yourself.

Eventually my hubby saw what an effort I had made and joined me the 2nd time around. The boys are just not interested in eating healthily, so I just adapt our W30 meals to satisfy them eg: adding pasta or rice or another non-compliant side-dish. Just trust yourself, good luck!

I'm excited, but nervous that I will mess up (perfectionism, ugh).  

carla_nv, read this article on 'do I have to start over' http://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/ it will help you with your perfectionism! To be perfect is knowing that in your own mind, you have made enough significant changes to your diet and kept to the rules for YOU, and you only.

Decided I want to do it again because I see a lot of the skin problems I have coming back and really want to get rid of them and figure out what causing them as well as get back all those good healthy feelings I had while I did it. I know it's going to be hard and I'm comforted by reading all these posts.

Ritznji, isn't it interesting that skin problems are so easily affected by diet - and prior to doing a W30, we wouldn't have even know it!

Google "Whole30 no egg breakfast" for suggestions on what to have if you can't stand eggs or think you'll get bored of them, there are a bazillion options out there.  Basically the answer is food.  Eat food.  Three times a day.   ;)

Ladyshanny - woo hoo, good to see you again! Love the idea of Googling the egg-free breakfasts, I love eggs but 30 days of eggs for breakfast can grow old quickly!

NEWBIES! I'm so interested to know why people saying this is their 2nd, or 3rd W30 haven't posted before, or only once or twice?!

Can I give all NEWBIES a word of advice, whether this is your first W30 or your 10th,  join in the conversations of this thread!!! It will keep you sane, it will keep you honest, you'll have a laugh, and I guarantee it will help you achieve your goal. That's why Step 4 is "Build your Support Network" aka join a W30 forum.

Started my first W30 on the 24th, but I know I'll go longer than 30 days, so I think I'll buddy up with this July 1st group! Age 60 and trying to ward off health issues along with the hope of loosing weight too. I need to be healthy for my 11grandkids! Good luck, everyone.

Archived