Whole30#2 - Continuing on to Reach Health GOLD

mcki0133

Today is the day I'm starting my second Whole30 -- during my first 30 days, I had awesome results. Down almost 10 pounds and lost over 14" throughout my whole body. NSV's were outstanding...less inflammation and bloating, no abdominal discomfort, no headaches, sleeping better, all my clothes started to fit again, etc. But, once I started to reintroduce foods that had been cut out, I had issues....especially with dairy. Bad reactions...extreme bloating, nausea, sleepiness...to the point where I had to leave work early because I thought I was going to puke on my co-workers! Then, I started to fall back into my old routines and not make the best decisions possible....with liquor, eating out with friends, etc. So, I made the decision to get back on the band wagon today and do another W30!

I want to eventually reach HEALTH GOLD...and still have a ways to go :) So, here we go!

D30.2 M1 - 3 scrambled eggs, 1 Italian chicken sausage, sautéed spinach, pico de gallo and half an avocado, orange

D30.2 M2 - 2 Italian chicken sausages, sweet potato, handful of olives

D30.2 M3 - Bunless Turkey burgers, spinach salad, onions, Brussels

This time, I'm also going to try and incorporate more exercise into my daily routines...I do walk the dog every day but wan to step it up a little.

Stay tuned!

Well, yesterday my plans changed a little with the food --

Here was my revised list from yesterday:

W30.2D1 M1 - 3 scrambled eggs, 1 Italian chicken sausage, sautéed spinach, pico de gallo and half an avocado, orange

W30.2D1 M2 - a palm and a half of grilled chicken, sweet potato, handful of olives

W30.2D1 M3 - Zoodles (zucchini noodles), with grilled chicken, and Whole30 tomato sauce -- I also pureed spinach to mix in so I can get more leafy veggies into my diet - YUMMY.

Here's the plan today:

W30.2D2 M1 - Sweet potato hash, 2 Italian chicken sausages, grilled onions, watermelon cubes

W30.2D2 M2 - BAS with evoo and balsamic vineagar

W30.2D2 M3 - Chicken stirfry with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots

D30

Today has been a weird day...lots going on with the dogs aka surgery, people at work are quitting...so, my daily routine has been skewed somewhat to the point of forgetting to eat breakfast this morning, so I'm doing that now while I type...

Here is the plan for today:

W30.2D3 M1 - 3 scrambled eggs, one chicken sausage, handful of chopped spinach, pico de gallo, half an avocado, watermelon cubes

W30.2D3 M2 - Grilled chicken (about 6 oz), steamed veggies - broccoli, carrots, cauliflower

W30.2D3 M3 - Ground turkey, spaghetti squash, homemade tomato sauce, spinach (pureed in sauce)

**Just got a call from Dr., dog made it thru surgery just fine!

Alright, today is Day 1!!!!!!!!!!! Back on the band wagon -- per FireFrog, I have re-grouped, re-focused and re-energized -- I got this and can't wait until July 21st!

W30.2 D1 M1 - 3 scrambled eggs, 1 Italian chicken sausage, sautéed spinach, pico de gallo and half an avocado, orange

W30.2 D1 M2 - 2 Italian chicken sausages, sweet potato, handful of olives

W30.2 D1 M3 - Steak, Brussels, olives

Also, during my 2nd Whole 30, I'm focusing more on the exercise too -- got up this morning, took the dog for a walk and then worked out T25 style. Already made it to 7000 steps and it's only 10AM!

Great job!!!

You must be a fellow fitbit-er?  I am too, great job at hitting 7,000 already!

I keep seeing everyone is eating olives.  I'm stopping at the store on my way home form work tonight, I love me some olives! :rolleyes:

Great job!!!

You must be a fellow fitbit-er?  I am too, great job at hitting 7,000 already!

I keep seeing everyone is eating olives.  I'm stopping at the store on my way home form work tonight, I love me some olives! :rolleyes:

I have a VivoFit -- the one that they use on the Biggest Loser. It basically tells you when you've been sitting too long and you don't have to charge it because it goes on a watch battery AND it's completely waterproof.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my olives...that's probably the fat I eat super often :)  

On to Day 2 of my 2nd Whole 30 -- yesterday went well and I got to bed early so I was able to get up early this morning and do it all again! Got up at 5:20AM, had the dog out for a walk by 5:30AM, then did my T25 workout at 6AM...was able to get in the shower at 6:30AM and out the door for work at 7:30! Not as many steps this morning compared to yesterday but, I'm sitting at 5160 so far and it's only 8:30!

W30.2 D2 M1 - 3 scrambled eggs, 1 Italian Chicken Sausage, chopped onion, pico de gallo, 2 handfuls chopped spinach, 1/2 an avocado, watermelon chunks

W30.2 D2 M2 - BAS with grilled chicken, spinach, carrots, broccoli, cashews, Olive oil and balsamic vinegar

W30.2 D2 M3 - Chicken Lettuce wraps, sweet potatoes, handful of olives

Lunch has changed for today -- spontaneous move!

W30.2 D2 M1 - 3 scrambled eggs, 1 Italian Chicken Sausage, chopped onion, pico de gallo, 2 handfuls chopped spinach, 1/2 an avocado, watermelon chunks

W30.2 D2 M2 - Grilled chicken with hot sauce, sweet potatoe, Olives

W30.2 D2 M3 - Chicken Lettuce wraps, sweet potatoes, handful of olives

Just an FYI :)

On to day 3 -- it was hard to get up this morning....but, I did manage to get the dog out for a walk AND bake some egg muffins :) Here's the plan for today:

W30.2 D3 M1 - 3 egg muffins (they have spinach, pico, a few potato slices and one egg per tin), 1/2 avocado, banana (had to eat up the bananas, they were going bad....try to only have one piece of fruit in the morning and call it good.)

W30.2 D3 M2 - BAS with grilled chicken, spinach, carrots, broccoli, cashews, Olive oil and balsamic vinegar

W30.2 D3 M3 - Leftover Chicken lettuce wraps, broccoli/cauliflower mix, Olives

I couldn't get my work out in this morning, so I'm going to do that tonight!

Well, I have officially disappointed myself...I fell off the wagon AGAIN. Dumb, I know -- I just am not sure what's going on. My motivation and success from before is gone and I don't know how to get it back. I've been working out more so maybe my body is telling me I need more nutrients but then I choose the wrong options instead of the right ones...

I really need to have a sit down chat with myself before "starting over" again to ensure I can really do this and find my motivation again. ARG. So mad.

Back at it...FOR REAL THIS TIME!

D1 M1 - 4 scrambled eggs, 2 handfuls chopped spinach, onions, pico, 1/2 avocado, orange

D1 M2 - Shepards Pie, grilled Brussels, handful of olives

D1 M3 - Grilled chicken, leftover grilled Brussels, handful of olives

I got this :)

Ok - Happy Monday...kind of. I had planned to start my 2nd Whole30 a couple times now since I finished the first one in June...however, my head wasn't in it and then last week, we received some medical news that stressed us out...I've taken some time and realize that regardless of where I am and what's going on, I still need to push forward and make good decisions. So, today is Day 1 of #2 and my head is still not really into it but, my body needs this more than ever...

Here's the plan:

D1 M1 - 4 scrambled eggs, 2 handfuls of chopped spinach, onions, pico, 1/2 avocado and an orange

D1 M2 - 6 oz grilled chicken breast, sweet potatoes and broccoli/cauliflower mix

D1 M3 - Fresh Caught Walleye (from the weekend), large salad of spinach and kale, olive oil/balsamic vinegar dressing

I'm going to need some support this time...more than before, to keep me going...thanks for your help!

Okay, I say lets be buddies. Since I decided to do this today with no planning I am going to need some extra support also! I tend to do an all or nothing kind of approach so If I don't post on here everyday I know I will just decide the time wasn't right. But I cant stand the way I look and feel everyday. Or even on days when I exercise and feel good then I see how far I've let myself go and get disappointed again. What do you say? :)

Okay, I say lets be buddies. Since I decided to do this today with no planning I am going to need some extra support also! I tend to do an all or nothing kind of approach so If I don't post on here everyday I know I will just decide the time wasn't right. But I cant stand the way I look and feel everyday. Or even on days when I exercise and feel good then I see how far I've let myself go and get disappointed again. What do you say? :)

Sounds like a plan lady! I agree...if I don't post, I fall off track. My first Whole30 was successful because of the commitment, posting and support. We go this!

Day 2 of #2! Yesterday went ok --- had to change up dinner because I came home from work to a sick husband who was ralphing all over the place. I just heated up some leftover grilled chicken, nuked a sweet potato and had some spinach versus making the walleye...I was SO looking forward to that but didn't want to indulge without hubby!

Today seems to be going a little better, my head is more "in the game." But, I do feel headachy....Here's the plan:

D2 M1 - 4 scrambled eggs, chopped onion, 2 handfuls chopped spinach, pico de gallo, olive oil and a couple olives

D2 M2 - Grilled Chicken, 1/2 sweet potato, lots of broccoli, Whole30 mayo with hot sauce aka hot mayo

D2 M3 - Grilled Chicken, 1/2 sweet potato, lots of broccoli, hot mayo

I'm on the run tonight - have some appointments to go to, so I brought all the leftovers from home (hence why meals 2 & 3 are the same).

Just keep swimming!

I did fine yesterday. I was pretty bored without my usual cocktail. Unusually hungry today and already thought about cheating. I ate a tsp of organic coconut oil though and hope it helps kill my urge to binge on carbs and junk food! sorry to hear about your hubby!

I get very bored in the evenings, so I try to stay super busy...I'm so used to sitting down on the couch with a glass of wine to watch the Bachelorette - it's ridiculous!! If I am so hungry I could actually eat chicken and veggies, I do let myself have some more protein. But, if not, I just try to chug my water and distract myself!

hi mcki! haha how much do you want a glass of wine while watching bachelorette?! it's ridics. the show is practically made to be watched while drinking. now normally, i never eat dinner in front of the TV but what I've found myself doing the past couple weeks is having my dinner during the bachelorette. that way i don't snack, and i'm not hungry before bed. works for me...

Day 3! Feeling good today but didn't want to get out of bed...I didn't realize that my week or two of "off-roading" would really change my system as much as it did or as much as I'm feeling right now. Hopefully this "hangover" phase will dissipate quickly being I wasn't too bad :) I actually also got home last night and felt so sluggish that I went upstairs and laid in bed until it was time to sleep....oops!

D3 M1 - 4 scrambled eggs, onion, 2 handfuls chopped spinach, pico de gallo, olive oil to cook my food in and a banana

D3 M2 - Grilled Chicken Breast, cooked broccoli/cauliflower/carrot blend, hot mayo

D3 M3 - Steak skewers, onions, peppers, spinach salad with balasamic vinegar/olive oil (subject to change :))

Lets go!

Day 4 - I don't feel the best today....cranky, sluggish....I've been at work for less than an hour and already want to go home. I don't even want to finish my breakfast....Goodness!

Here's today's plan:

D4 M1 - 3 scrambled eggs, 1 Italian Chicken Sausage, 1/2 cup of pico, and 4 of those tiny little potatoes that are about an inch or less in diameter (I had them left over in the fridge and needed to be used up!)

D4 M2 - Tuna, hot mayo, broccoli

D4 M3 - Grilled Chicken, veggies, olives

Yup. Head doesn't feel good...this is going to be a long day.

Archived