Kim's Post Whole30

kimberlyxo

Hey there  :D

I completed my 2nd Whole30 on June 10th and have been eating Paleo for Meals 1 and 2 and then go completely out of control when I get home from work. 

My problem has always been binge eating or snacking and I got back into that the 2nd day post Whole30.

Bloating, stomach pains and "allergies" came right back within 24 hours. This is the reason I stay away from those foods to begin with. 

Keeping those crap foods out of the house is impossible... my fiance "needs" his snack cabinet stocked at all times, which is my responsibility somehow.... ugh

Anyways....

Meal 1- Chicken "parm" (chicken dipped in egg and "breaded" in almond flour, arrow root and spices then pan fried and finished in the oven) with homemade tomato sauce and steamed broccoli

My first meal was around 10:45am. I am training my replacement at work so I can no longer eat my breakfast as soon as I get in. I will make the adjustment to eat when I am at home to alleviate this problem

Meal 2 - Same as meal 1. Its about 1pm now... I'll probably eat my lunch around 3pm.

Meal 3 - Not sure yet. I have more chicken at home with butternut squash, acorn squash and some other veggies. I'll see what I come up with.

My goal for tonight is not eating anything non compliant. My fiance will be golfing until about 8 which leaves me alone at home with the dog. My dog won't judge me if I eat a cupcake.... 

I am looking forward to following everyone's post Whole30 experiences! 

-Kim

So last night I only ate one thing off plan... which is better than every other day I've had...

I made sweet potatoes and cauli rice for dinner. I didnt feel like cooking a protein

Todays Meals

Meal 1 - Buffalo chicken with caulirice and homemade ranch

Meal 2 - Same as M1

Meal 3 - Not sure yet

Softball game at 9pm tonight.... thats so late!

Good news is I had a night of uninterrupted sleep. My fitbit says I slept 6 1/2 hours (I know I need more sleep) and wasn't restless at all.

-Kim

Off roading is basically my life right now. I'm trying real hard to reel it back in.... 

I had Monday-Wednesday off this week with a Rush concert on Tuesday.... its been rough. Im back at work today and eating Paleo 100% for all my meals. Softball at 8 and a Johnnie Walker after that. 

I'm pretty sure I should have continued my Whole30 to a Whole60 or even through the end of July... 

Contrary to my signature... I don't feel like I took back control of my life... right now I feel out of control... 

I am going to work really hard the next few days and this weekend to stay compliant and not give into my sugar cravings like I have been.... 

I am so worried about this. really. I don't want the last 100 days of what I've done to be for nothing essentially! But moderation is not my strong point (this is why I haven't drank in over 3 years.. NO moderation).

I'm nearly 60 days in, and FEEL like I'd be okay, but I really don't know. I know processed sugar is my DOWNFALL and once I start eating it, it's like a vortex that I can't come back from.

and I'm going to DISNEY WORLD within 40 days of finishing!!! SO MANY TEMPTATIONS. AH! LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Back on track today with some delicious meals. I meal prepped like crazy last night and really think I will have a good handle on the rest of this week.

Last night I prepped grilled veggies, spaghetti squash, basil pesto, and "5 napkin" meatballs.

Meal 1 - "5 Napkin" meatballs. (I found this recipe on Pinterest and omitted the cheese) with grilled asparagus, red pepper, summer squash and red onion, with a home made ranch dipping sauce.

Meal 2 - Spaghetti squash with pesto and grilled veggies

Meal 3 - Whatever I feel like throwing together from my fridge.

I went grocery shopping for real yesterday for the first time in a while. I need to keep my meals interesting so I looked through all my Paleo cookbooks for new ideas. I decided to try a bunch of separate recipes that could all intertwine into new fun meals  :D

I'm going on vacation to Myrtle Beach in August and also have my mother's annual memorial golf tournament August 7th. I want to be as healthy and happy as I can be, which means I need to woman up and start exercising again. 

I did so well with this Whole30... and then went completely off plan basically every day since... Its been about a month and I've gained the weight back which could be water weight but whatever... This needs to end!

-Kim

I am feeling better today than the past few weeks. I had some chocolate yesterday and definitely felt stomach pains immediately afterwards. Since my reintroduction hasn't been a true reintro plan, I am going to assume the stomach pains were from some other non compliant food I ate over the weekend.

I have been going to PT for my leg for the past few months. I was injured during a softball game 5 years ago which caused all sorts of terrible things in my leg along with lymphadema. My PT told me last night that I have inherited "tree trunk legs" from my family. I always thought my legs were this way because I was over weight and unhealthy. I noticed my legs changed a little bit after losing 50 pounds last year, but the shape of them were still tree trunky. Apparently its a thing... She said that I could eat good and work out and they might change a little bit, but it has something to do with extra water in my legs that gets stored in fat cells? Apparently she says I will never have normal looking legs. I could be thin and fit everywhere else, but my legs are what they are. 

I asked if it had anything to do with my diet... and she said not really. I am a bit confused by this and pretty bummed... 

She said some people are born with asthma, I am born with these legs... 

It was somewhat shocking to hear that knowing that I have been self conscious about my legs my entire life. I just want to wear knee high boots and have ankles!  :(

But she's a medical professional, so she must be right?

Meal 1 - 5 Napkin Meatballs with grilled veggies and homemade ranch

Meal 2 - Spaghetti squash, grilled veggies, basil pesto and ranch

Meal 3 - Bacon.... something to do with bacon.

Not all doctors know what they are talking about. Trust me on that one. If I listened to only what my doctors told me and never stood up for my health, I'd probably be dead right now. Literally.

You're right... The outcomes people have by switching to Paleo are evidence enough that this works! 

How is it going, Kim!?

Britt! Thank you for checking in!!

Not great! My weekends have sucked.... 

This week is better so far... making better decisions but its only been two days lol

Ive been more active this week whether it was walking, softball or just doing things around the house. The past few weeks i havent been walking and have sat on the couch most of the night... so I see this as an improvement. I just dont feel good... I'm bloated, tired and have all the symptoms I had before my Whole30.... 

I'm pretty much an all or nothing person... I dont know how to incorporate non compliant foods/drinks without going over board.... 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived