The crazy things people say

Jessica

My Mum's boyfriend was at my place recently landscaping my garden while I was at work. I called him that evening after work to thank him and he said:

'You've got a problem with your kitchen cupboards!'

Me, thinking one was broken or something 'Oh, what?'.

'There's nothing in them! I wanted a piece of toast... And there's no bread! Where's your toaster?!'

'Oh! No, we don't eat bread and we put the toaster away because we never use it...'

'There aren't even any chips in the house! I looked in the fridge and all you had is lettuce!' (Kale, actually ;) )

'Yup, sorry, that's how we eat!'

*Baffled* 'I managed to find some Special K in the bottom cupboard (my boyfriend's old pack he never threw out). It was okay! I didn't even have to add sugar!'

'I bet!'.

The end!

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am trying to pick a new gym and sending inquiries to various clubs around my area. I've just received gym description and membership file from one of them. "Gym Etiquette" part says - "Please avoid grunting and groaning during exercise" :D

At least they didn't say "No chalk." Or "No deadlifting". Both would rule it out for me.

• 3 weeks later...

At work lunch, sitting with my coworkers, all big forklift driver guys. On my right, man with food wife sent along: fried chicken, macaroni, etc. Across from me, man with a regular lunchmeat sandwich. Next to him, guy drinking just coffee. On my left, guy with a Subway footlong and a Red Bull.

I've got two large pieces of crockpot chicken, sweet potato, green beans, and half an avocado.

Guy on the end asks, what are you, a health food nut? He's eating his second of three cheese danishes out of the vending machine -- and that's ALL he ate all night, cheese danishes.

I've also had a coworker say, "I'm gonna buy you a candy bar." Er, no, that's what I was eating all the time for months and months, were you not paying attention then? Why now?

Went to a health food shop to buy some krill oil. There was normal krill oil in a blue package. And a "for women" version in a sickly pink colour box. I really dislike pink things for women, but I looked at the box to see what they had added to make it better for women.

Sigh. It was soy Isoflavones.

I bought the blue box instead.

Friend: As I sit here with my chopped salad with hardboiled eggs and fat free dressing!

Me: LOL. I've got a 'mexican salad - ground beef, pico de gallo, lettuce, guacamole & hotsauce. Mmm

Friend: me wonders how healthy that "salad" is lol

Me: Perfectly healthy. I'm on Whole30. No processed junk like 'fat free" dressing!

Friend: touche... lol

This has happened to me today, I posted in my log, however I feel like sharing in this thread too :)

I love liver and all organ meats. I am walking down the aisles of the organic store. I see this pack and get all excited.

EC8D4EC4-27AF-4C70-AFD6-4AC4EE82D59B-7425-00000A75D0D7F08D_zpsdfde4a86.jpg

Conversation while paying. Cashier: "Oh your dog is gonna love them!" Me:" I don't have a dog". Akward silence. I stare at the pack. It's a dog treat. Facepalm.

This has happened to me today, I posted in my log, however I feel like sharing in this thread too :)

I love liver and all organ meats. I am walking down the aisles of the organic store. I see this pack and get all excited. Make sure to click first.

http://i1287.photobu...zpsdfde4a86.jpg

Conversation while paying. Cashier: "Oh your dog is gonna love them!" Me:" I don't have a dog". Akward silence. I stare at the pack. It's a dog treat. Facepalm.

Nad, you're my favorite. I'll come have dog treats with you <3

Also..the overweight fast food eating animal video? Day friggin made,

• 2 weeks later...

Eating dinner with someone who has successfully lost weight on a low-carb diet, they commented how she can't use lemon because it has too many carbs. They comment that we are "cheating" now by using lemon juice on baked chicken. Jicama, carrots and other veggies are off limits because they have too much sugar/carbs. But go ahead and enjoy this vegan hummus...

She shows me her paleo indulgences book with mostly paleo cookies, cakes and smoothies. Then asks me to make a paleo bread with dinner from a recipe they have. I make it (I'm post Whole30) and it takes a day for me not to want a second piece. I explain what SWYPO is and they says, but sweets and breads are ok in moderation, right?

They spent around $4,000 to the nutritionist for the diet plan, I just bought ISWF and the Whole30 emails.

I eat real food. I don't have to count carbs and don't have cravings. I ate the most amazing whole30 compliant breakfast today and don't feel hungry 3 hours later. Tried to explain to DH how I felt I we had jumped on the "carrot train to crazytown," but he thought we are equally crazy.

***sigh***

This reminds me: my sister's youngest was gaining weight too quickly (in her doctor's opinion) so the doc suggested instead of feeding her breastmilk when she was hungry, she should give her "a little" sugar water (!). uh huh. yeah. new doctor.

ps. the kid is a healthy happy 4-year old now.

What the heck is wrong with that doctor?!?

My favorite, from discussing with a trip leader what I'll eat while we're backpacking:

"So what do you eat, then?"

"Lots of meat, vegetables and healthy fats, some nuts, a lot of spices."

"But how do you stay full? And where do you get your protein from?"

Because pasta, tortillas, and peanut butter are just chocked full of protein.

But then again, MANY people think that they can cancel out bad food by exercising... Yeah right.

That's what I used to think. I'd go out on 50+ mile bike rides and then devour a big dish of nachoes afterwards.

Hmm.

Yesterday...

Friend: So you're on a diet now?

Me: It's not a diet, just eliminating processed foods and eating meat and veggies.

Friend: Cool....... what do you call this diet again?

Me: Whole 30, but it's not a diet.

Friend: Yeah, it's a diet

Me: Not a diet

Friend: It's a diet

Me: It's not

Friend: Ok, let's call it a "non-diet" diet.

Me: :huh:

And today:

I'm eating leftover meatballs and curry for breakfast, er, I mean, Meal 1. ;)

Co-worker looks at my meal with a puzzled look on his face. "What's that?"

Me: Meatballs with curry

Co-worker: For breakfast?

Me: Yeah. (as if it's the most normal thing)

Co-worker: (still looking puzzled) Interesting...

Me: It's great! :)

Co-worker: *nods* Cool

He's a cool guy.

Archived