The crazy things people say

Jessica

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"If you ignore a craving you'll just binge later" Me:.....What? Um, no, I won't (I thought it, didn't say that)

"Oh, you're on a cleanse..." Me: maybe I'm not explaining it well, but no it's not a cleanse.

"But you're little! You don't need to lose weight!" Me: this isn't about weight loss. It's about Health.

"A little slice of chocolate cheesecake is ok. Just call it your cheat" Oy vey.

:)

co-worker: "I've decided I'd rather be fat & happy than skinny & miserable"

same brainless co-worker: "have fun on your trip. I bet you'll eat all kinds of BAD food"

me: "No, I don't plan on eating all kinds of BAD food"

same brainless co-worker: "oh yes you will!"

me: *rolls eyes*

friend, prior to trying W30 for herself: "you can have a little treat once in a while" (referring to me not eating nachos at a ballgame)

My friend said "Oh it's all right for you, you've always been able to give things up (having a severe gluten reaction, I've had no choice) but I couldn't possibly eat like you - I like my food too much"

Another friend " Oh I couldn't possibly eat like you - I couldn't afford all that meat and fresh vegetables are really expensive" while, I kid you not, filling her supermarket trolley with Over £80 of cakes, bisciuts, sweets and processed crap.

An acquaintance told me that if I'm so concerned about gut permeability and inflammation, I should just take this great liquid probiotic supplement she showed me. First ingredient- the FIRST ingredient- was sorbitol. Come on, people!

My wife's co-worker says daily "it's low fat so it's good for you".

Last night my mother in law asked if I wanted pound cake and brightly colored store bought ice-cream after dinner. I refused and heard "I like you better when you ate stuff". Her sister then chimed in "it's ok, he's just trying to lose weight". **shakes head and rolls-eyes**

My neighbor while telling an anecdote a couple of nights ago - "gluten free people piss me off (few second pause), can you eat peanuts on the paleo thing?"

"Your brother in law has been told he has high cholesterol and they want him to improve it with diet before they prescribe medication."

Me - "Oh yeah, what diet changes do they want him to make?"

"No red meat, no milk, no shrimp, eat whole grains"

Me - "urgh"

Me- "Can you believe they put soy in canned tuna?"

Relative - "errrr, i'm never eating tuna again"

Me - "But you drink soy milk"

Relative - "Yeah, but I don't want it in my tuna"

My wife's aunt quit smoking, cut out most of the refined sugar in her diet, asked me about paleo, bought some books on the subject, then a couple of weeks later I asked her if she'd started and she replied - "no, I could never give up bread".

Why do people love bread so much? It was always just been a vessel to get meat into my face!!!

Too many!!!!!

Overheard at work

coworker 1: "I just ate two donuts and here I am getting more food"

coworker 2: "yeah but that's not Real food, it doesn't count"

coworker 1: true. it's not filling. Wonder if they have pizza left?" (at the commisery)

coworker 2: I'm getting a grinder, need some veggies" (veggies = 1 leaf lettuce, & maybe some tomato/green pepper smothered in spaghetti sauce)

And then they both come back with pop, potato chips and candy. Nothing else.

Me-just reaffirms why I'm doing this....I Refuse to become a "typical" state worker

I posted an image on my facebook and a friend commented:

• R: I refuse to believe that if I brought a caveman a pizza he wouldnt eat it. you know he would eat it. therefore pizza=paleo
  • Laura: considering the possibility of that happening, pizza is not paleo and will never make you more healthy.
  • R: well until you start hunting mammoth youre failing at paleo
  • Laura: I don't consider myself paleo, I just eat real food. That makes me a winner.
  • R hahaha winning

475767_425818964102251_1132727107_o.jpg

The funny thing is I made no comment about it, and don't really consider myself necessarily "paleo" although it is the most generic term for how I eat. I am not one of those who considers herself a "cavegirl", although living the CF + "paleo" life certainly feels that way sometimes.

"There's nothing wrong with sugar. Your cravings are all in your head." -someone who MUST have a Starbucks sugary coffee beverage each day

"All of the fat in your diet is very unhealthy" -someone that eats cereal for breakfast and snacks every day

"Just one bite isn't going to hurt you" -someone who just doesn't get it

This is my favorite one line ever posted in this forum. I don't understand people's obsession with bread either!

Yea, I've never been much of a bread fan. It was just filling me up and getting in the way of the good stuff in the middle!

So the other day I was telling mom about my new eating habits and how I was hoping it would teach me to make better choices, reset my system, and just feel healthy and happy again. Her response? "Yea, you need to lose 30 pounds." Ugh.

Also, during a lunch meeting catered by pizza:

Coworker who is also not eating pizza: You're not having any pizza?

Me: No, I'm only eating real foods.

Coworker: but you don't need to lose any weight!

I don't give a monekys about cavepeople, I just want to eat "a diet for human beings" :)

I find it easier sometimes to just say I eat Paleo, other times I say I eat a simple diet of whole, unprocessed foods. I don't mind the Paleo tag and have found that often telling somebody I eat Paleo opens up discussion cause they ask what that is. My sister has given up all red meat, pork and hardly eats any chicken or fish. Her personal trainer (that she is crushing on) is a vegan and I think that is influencing her a lot. I LOVE to say Paleo to her cause it bugs her. lol

My husband & I had dinner out with the family for his mum's 60th. Since we've well & truly finished out whole30 we decided to have a 'treat night', knowing we would still make better choices from the menu.

The food was outstanding and we were verbally appreciating it, for his sister to say.. 'no wonder you're enjoying it you only get to eat once a week!'

We eat amazing food for every meal! UGH.. the little digs here & there we copped them all night. :angry:

"People who aren't celiac but don't eat gluten are doing themselves a disservice" -- coworker of mine <_<

A Celiac friend of mine said something similar to me recently, and that unless you are Celiac you shouldn't give up gluten because it is bad for the digestive tract :(

My husband & I had dinner out with the family for his mum's 60th. Since we've well & truly finished out whole30 we decided to have a 'treat night', knowing we would still make better choices from the menu.

The food was outstanding and we were verbally appreciating it, for his sister to say.. 'no wonder you're enjoying it you only get to eat once a week!'

We eat amazing food for every meal! UGH.. the little digs here & there we copped them all night. :angry:

I would have LOLed in their faces. The volume of food my BF & I eat is crazy! Sometimes I think I'm making too much but then I remind myself that they are vegetables!

Me: I'm not drinking any alcohol for 30 days. I'll be sticking to the Paleo diet afterwards though and I think I can have the occasional glass of red wine.

Mum: That's not so bad.

2 hours later

Mum: Let's have a glass of wine!

Me: I can't drink alcohol Mum

Mum: I thought you said you could drink wine?

Me: Yeah after the 30 days.

Mum: Oh...

I have to laugh at my parents who've been "diary free" for around 2 years but never gave up chocolate and they've started eating cheese now. They drink soya milk/dairy free margarine instead of cow's milk and butter. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived