The crazy things people say

Jessica

Guest Andria

Oh, holiday meals with relatives ...

"I don't think we need to have a vegetable today, because we're having one tomorrow."

Heaven forbid you eat vegetables two days in a row. And the next day's "vegetable" was green bean casserole. 

"I wouldn't trust a turkey raised on some farm. Factories are able to keep meat in ideal conditions, so it's safer."

Yup, "factories" are known for their ideal conditions. Whereas, raising poultry on farms ... who does that?

Wow, just wow

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On day one:

Work colleague: Do you want a coke?

Me: No thanks, *explains whole 30*

Work colleague: What about juice?

Me: Oh no thanks, it will likely have sugar and I'm good with my water.

Work colleague: Okay. What about just a muffin?

*Slams head into wall* IT'S DAY ONE!! This is not helping!

Guest Andria

3 months in and after reading ISWF - this morning my husband says " I am going to start cooking my eggs with oil rather than butter to save fat calories"

UGH

How engrained is this fat phobia???

Right, little does he know they have essentially the same total and fat calories anyway.... :unsure:

Guest Andria

I'm in Trader Joe's looking for their sauerkraut (fermented, refrigerated kind) because they moved it from it's original location.  I ask an employee where it is located and he motions to the other side of the store and prepares to walk me over.  Since, I wanted to work my way through the store I asked him to give me a landmark of were it is located:

TJ employee: It's by the tofu

Me: Oh, give me another landmark, I don't eat tofu so I don't know where that is located (I should have known better than to say this...)

TJ employee: You should get your vegetarian friends to show you how to cook it because it is much cheaper than meat

Me: That's OK, I hate tofu. I already went through a vegetarian phase... :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink:  :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

"Why can't you just relax?"

That was my hubby tonight. I got on my computer and read everything I wanted to read, did everything I wanted to do, ran out of stuff to do so I got up and got the NomNomPaleo Kalua Pig in the slow cooker, loaded the dishwasher, did the hand washing, cleared off the table...

I'm not even on a Whole 30! I just have energy because I have a cold and have been trying-ish to eat cleaner to reduce the waking up at night coughing annoyance. I wasn't even particularly good today (I'm looking at you, gluten free baked goods at the movie afternoon at a friend's house!) but still. I have way more energy at home than him. To be fair, my weekday job is less strenuous than his.

A co-worker* asked me, "won't you be glad when you're done losing weight and you can eat normally again?"

*Same person who lost some weight eating Nutrisystem pre-made meals, then gained it all back after going back to eating "normally" 

These gems from today:

Coworker: "But if it's just for 30 days, won't you gain all the weight back when it's over?"

Me: "It's not really about losing weight. Also, I'm planning on continuing to eat better foods even after 30 days."

Coworker: "You can't do that! Eating like this all the time can't be good for you!"

(later, same conversation)

Coworker:"You're not supposed to weigh yourself? Then how will you know if it's working?!"

Me: "It's not really about losing weight." (Maybe i should get this printed on a t-shirt.)

And finally:

"Oh ... so it's basically Atkins."

ROFL!  Eating "like this"??  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Yup, those meats and vegetables are dangerous. You have to watch out for them. Besides, you're missing all the vital nutrients contained in flour!

Saw a man leaving 7-11 this morning (around 8:30) with a giant size red slushie. Mmm, breakfast of champions.

Yup, those meats and vegetables are dangerous. You have to watch out for them. Besides, you're missing all the vital nutrients contained in flour!

Saw a man leaving 7-11 this morning (around 8:30) with a giant size red slushie. Mmm, breakfast of champions.

That's from the food group "sugar" right? Lol!

A co-worker* asked me, "won't you be glad when you're done losing weight and you can eat normally again?"

*Same person who lost some weight eating Nutrisystem pre-made meals, then gained it all back after going back to eating "normally" 

I love my co-workers.  I really do!  Another one today, "Are you still on your diet?"  Nope!  And I never will be on a diet anytime you ask me.  

I just smiled and replied that I am going to lose about 25-30 more pounds by eating nutritious food and staying active.

Great thread!

-People saying they don't eat carbs while snacking on fruit or veggies kills me!

-I've had a billion, "where do you get your protein?"s in my life. Then glazed over looks when I break it down to amino acids (and don't ask them where they get their nutrients).

-

"Me: Oh no thanks, it will likely have sugar and I'm good with my water.

Work colleague: Okay. What about just a muffin?

*Slams head into wall* IT'S DAY ONE!! This is not helping!"

BAAH! JUST A MUFFIN! Muffin is cake, SAD people!

• Moderators

I went to buy some lard from the deli I get it at and they've been out for a while... I asked the manager if he knew when it was coming back in and he said no... and then the following conversation ensued:

Him: you know, I actually feel better when I don't have Lard to sell

Me: WHY?

Him: because I'm adding YEARS to your life by preventing you from being able to eat it!

Me: Lard is miles better for you than canola oil!

Him: No... it isn't...

Me:  Okay.

• 2 weeks later...

On Galentine's day (Feb 13), all my coworkers treated each other with cheesecake, fried chicken biscuits, and donuts. They all know about my W30 and never offered me any -- and they never make fun/say dumb stuff either (they're all impressed with my resolve, actually). So you can imagine my surprise when I returned to my desk after a meeting to find...

A bite-sized frosted brownie.

Me: "Who even put this here? Is this a joke??"

Coworker: "It's from _________. She left one for everyone and we just didn't know what to do with it so we just left it there! I'm so sorry we tempted you!"

LOL. Please. I watched them all eat chocolate-dipped cheesecake. A walmart brownie with crusty frosting would not be my undoing.

Archived