Jessica

The crazy things people say

I just started my whole30, and I was going over to a friend's house. Her husband asked if I could stop and get a Coke for him. I said I'd love to but I just can't go anywhere near Diet Coke right now. They said it was fine. When I was at their house, he was like 'just have one, one won't hurt anything.' Dude. I'm trying to break my physical and emotional addiction to Diet Coke and so many other things. Just one absolutely WILL hurt. 

If that was me I'd ask if he'd get me to pick up a 6 pack of beer and a fifth of bourbon, if I was a recovering alcoholic, or if he would ask me to pick up a packet of cigarettes if he knew that I'd quit smoking - his answer would surely be 'no', so why ask me to pick up diet coke if he knows I'm steering clear of it?  unless he's one of those people who say, what's the harm in you buying it for me?  You're not consuming it.  That's the kind of person you really don't need as a friend during Whole 30.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:05 AM, Crastney said:

If that was me I'd ask if he'd get me to pick up a 6 pack of beer and a fifth of bourbon, if I was a recovering alcoholic, or if he would ask me to pick up a packet of cigarettes if he knew that I'd quit smoking - his answer would surely be 'no', so why ask me to pick up diet coke if he knows I'm steering clear of it?  unless he's one of those people who say, what's the harm in you buying it for me?  You're not consuming it.  That's the kind of person you really don't need as a friend during Whole 30.

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:57 AM, SugarcubeOD said:

There, fixed that... ;)

34563004826_c3687a8a81.jpgclapping 1 by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

34563004736_a0f59ec7d3.jpgclapping 2 by NoMore CrunchyCravings, on Flickr

I called my brother to discuss Christmas presents. Usually he gets me a few bottles of wine. Since I’ve been on W30, I’ve realized I was drinking wine almost every night, and I had achy joints and felt sluggish. By day 16, I was feeling no aches (and had no reflux!). I’m sure wine was a main trigger. So I’ve decided to not drink for a long while (and then rarely). I asked him to consider getting me some art supplies or books on my Amazon wish list. 

His response was that he’ll still get me the wine—“it really needs to age before you drink it anyway.” 

I guess I can regift it. They are usually very nice bottles.