The crazy things people say

Jessica

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at a party on the weekend. I had a conversation with an aquaitace.

A - You've lost weight - you look good! What are you doing?

Me - Thanks! I'm eating only plant and animals these days and I feel great!

A - Oh wow! I could never do that. I enjoy my food too much!

Me - Politely smile while thinking - what?! you don't think I enjoy my food???

Same party - my very good friend who I left a copy of ISWF - Are you going to eat anything?

Me - No. I really can't.

Friend - Come on, you can break your diet just once can't you?

Me - No. I can't (Besides all the pizza, pasta, and fried stuff did not even remotely even appeal to me - not to mention the effects it would have)

That is NOT a healthy breakfast or one that will help you lose weight.

My boyfriend, staring disapprovingly at my roasted butternut squash and egg hash, fried in coconut oil.

He was tucking into four English crumpets laden with strawberry jam (jelly, as you guys say!).

Co worker: So, when the 30 days of your crazy diet is up, are you going to eat normal again?

Me: No, I won't be integrating sugar, grains or dairy back into my diet because I don't miss them.

Co worker: Oh, you're going to be one of those people?

Me: well; I got the menu for our Christmas Company Luncheon, and they are having a salad, a roasted chicken with veggies plate, and chef's choice dessert. "Let's go! I'll give my dessert to whoever wants it".

Co-worker (looking at me like I'm crazy): "Awwww...go ahead [and eat it]. It's Christmas "

Yesterday, I went to a Christmas lunch party at my boyfriend's work. I wasn't expecting to get to eat anything, but they had bbq, so I just had brisket with no sauce.

My boyfriend's coworkers, who I'm also friends with, said, "Awww, I'm sorry you can't have dessert."

Me: "That's okay, I'd feel like crap if I ate it anyway."

My boyfriend, who is very supportive, said: "Before you get too down on her diet, Cristina (coworker), you should know she had ribs for breakfast." I made them in my crockpot. Delicious. Thanks, PaleOMG!

Cristina replied, "Oh, so you fatten up around Christmas too, just in a different way, right? *chuckle*"

Me: "Haha, Actually, I've lost about 10 pounds in the past two weeks."

Her face: :o

At my husbands work xmas party we were discussing paleo, and after explaining it to someone, she says oh I couldn't do that, I like my eating to be really clean. I was like erm, its very clean, and explained it again to her, and she is like oh yeah that makes sense.

Then overhead some others making fun of another paleo guy that works with my husband, saying OMG he ate chicken wrapped in bacon cooked in duck fat for breakfast. I had to butt in because I know this guy lost 4 kg this week eating this way.

People just annoy me sometimes.

Conversation I overheard at the airport:

" honey I'm getting something to eat....what would you like?"

" oh something really healthy.... Get me a blueberry muffin and a diet coke".

Sad thing is several years ago that could have been me...... !!!!!!!

At a New Years party this year...

" Michael,you must try my mothers humas! "

I reply..... " sorry I'd love to but I don't eat beans or legumes of any kind".

...... " there aren't any beans in humas! My mother will be very hurt you didn't try it!"

...... " we'll I would be hurt worse if I did eat it .... My resolution is to be a selfish bastard" !!!!

( I wonder why I never get invited a second time anywhere ..... LMAO)

I have a friend who told me last month that she was following Whole30 as closely as possible. I said that was great and got all excited to share recipes and hints and stuff... Then she felt the need to clarify: "But I'm not doing paleo, I'm just following the Whole 30".

Huh?

(I was so stunned I didn't respond but I really wished I'd pointed out that while paleo is not Whole30, Whole30 is most definitely paleo!)

I have a friend who told me last month that she was following Whole30 as closely as possible. I said that was great and got all excited to share recipes and hints and stuff... Then she felt the need to clarify: "But I'm not doing paleo, I'm just following the Whole 30".

Huh?

(I was so stunned I didn't respond but I really wished I'd pointed out that while paleo is not Whole30, Whole30 is most definitely paleo!)

I can relate to this person, actually. I love the Whole30 because of the science and just plain logic behind it. I'm not so much a fan of "eating like a caveman (or dinosaur or grock or what have you)" as a rationale for my choices, so yeah. I might take advantage of the paleo label to narrow down a recipe search, but paleo isn't what I'm doing; the Whole30 is.

I can relate to this person, actually. I love the Whole30 because of the science and just plain logic behind it. I'm not so much a fan of "eating like a caveman (or dinosaur or grock or what have you)" as a rationale for my choices, so yeah. I might take advantage of the paleo label to narrow down a recipe search, but paleo isn't what I'm doing; the Whole30 is.

I suppose I can see the turn off to 'paleo' and that lifestyle, but the comment makes little sense since Whole30 is like the strictest form of Paleo. It would be like saying "I'm going to go follow Atkins, but I'm NOT interested in a low carb diet".

I suppose I can see the turn off to 'paleo' and that lifestyle, but the comment makes little sense since Whole30 is like the strictest form of Paleo. It would be like saying "I'm going to go follow Atkins, but I'm NOT interested in a low carb diet".

It is a funny statement. Paleo to me means returning to whole foods. To me, W30 is Paleo but not all Paleo is W30. I would have asked what they meant. :)

oh well, I guess we have a different point of view on this one. No offense meant, but for me Paleo is a diet with a lot of different connotations/definitions (google "Paleo Cheesecake" if you want to see what I mean), the whole 30 has a specific set of rules. If some versions of Paleo happen to have similar rules, to me that is more of a coincidence than anything else.

It is a funny statement. Paleo to me means returning to whole foods. To me, W30 is Paleo but not all Paleo is W30. I would have asked what they meant. :)

now, THAT definition of Paleo works for me just fine ;)

Archived