July 1st Whole30

i am new to this and hope that this is the answer for me.  I have gained so much weight the last few years, I stay bloated and miserable.  I think I may start slowly cutting things out of my diet all the way up to july 1st when I start whole30. 

Im trying to talk my bestfriend into doing this with me so I will have someone to cry to.  She has so many health issues particularly with her gut.  I think this could be her answer

This is exactly where I was before I started, so I really get where you're coming from.  I decided on April 1 to do this, but since I had a wedding and then a 10 day honeymoon to babysit for in early May, I wanted to wait until I was back home to begin.  I officially started on May 17, but as of the first week of April I gave up all diet soda, and drank only water and hot or iced herbal tea.  Once the horrors of that died down, (headaches, body aches, horrible moods), I started cutting out processed, sugary foods.  I just cut a little bit out at a time.  I feel like it really helped me not to become overwhelmed once I did finally start.  I had eaten so badly for so long that I really think if I had tried to go cold turkey on everything at once, I would just have been setting myself up for failure.

It was still a bit difficult in the beginning, but I found it relatively easy to keep going.  Unfortunately on day 15 (May 31), I discovered I had ingested some carrageenan sometime in the last week, soooooo...  I started over on June 1.  That was tough, but I was committed and determined to stay the course.  In fact,  am continuing on to July 15 because I feel I need the extra time to set my new habits and really evaluate all my food allergies/sensitivities.  

I have several health issues, along with my weight problem.  Not to mention the food allergies/sensitivities I have been dealing with for 20 plus years.  I was also starting to see new scary developments with chronic inflammation, so I knew it was time to act.  Just like you are now.  Even if you can't talk your friend into doing this with you, don't let that deter you.  This forum is filled with people who will support you and cheer you on.  If your friend sees the amazing changes happening to you, she/he may just be willing to give it a try.  Regardless, this is a decision that you are making for you.  And you are enough.

Archived