Starting June 22nd!

DeEnna

Day 8 down, felt a bit hungry today but managed okay. Made burgers wrapped in lettuce tonight for the fam with a mango salsa so yummy!

There is no reason to be hungry on a Whole30. For the meal you listed, for example, I'd add 1-3 cups of veggies and a fat. You want to build meals that fit the recommended template that satiate you for 4-5 hours. Until you get there, if you're genuinely hungry between meals (litmus test: you could eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli), have a mini meal of protein, veg and fat,

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feeling so good!! The hardest thing for me is only doing 3 meals a day and no snacks. I've been so good though! I came into Whole30 with major food issues and I seriously feel great. So thankful for this.

Note that the idea is to get to a place where you have meal 1 within 1 hour of waking and create meals of protein, veg and fat that satiate you for 4-5 hours. Until you get there, if you're genuinely hungry between meals (litmus test: you could eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli), have a mini meal of protein, veg and fat.

Further, for intense workouts, you also get to have a pre and post workout meal.

Day 8 and I'm feeling great! My stomach even feels better today - maybe I'm getting over the hump? My fiance is doing this with me and has been SO sleepy the past few days - is it normal to still feel tired at this point? He's mainly doing it for solidarity with me (which I appreciate) but I want him to reap the benefits too!

My first thought, is whether he's getting carb-dense vegetables daily. Second, if he's eating enough fat. Third, if he's eating enough in general. And finally, if he's drinking at least 1/2 an ounce of water per pound of body weight, daily.

If you or he posts his typical food log for 2-3 days, including portion sizes and water consumption, in the Troubleshooting section, we may be able to give him more specific feedback on possible tweaks. http://forum.whole9life.com/forum/19-troubleshooting-your-whole30/

My mama gave me a Crock Pot some years ago so I am trying it out for the first time for chili. We'll see if it was a success when I get home from work! 

My pants have been fitting tighter for the last couple of days but that fits within the timeline, so I won't worry about it. Although I am almost curious enough to get on the scale!

So excited for day 9!

I had no hunger between breakfast and lunch yesterday, for the first time in my life :-)

Does anybody know a brand of red wine vinegar without sulphites? I can't find it anywhere (in Canada).

Have a great whole30 day!

• Administrators

So excited for day 9!

I had no hunger between breakfast and lunch yesterday, for the first time in my life :-)

Does anybody know a brand of red wine vinegar without sulphites? I can't find it anywhere (in Canada).

Have a great whole30 day!

I buy a red wine vinegar from the grocery store (Thrifty's in BC).  Note that most red wine vinegar (and balsamic) will have sulphites listed on the label because they are naturally occurring.  As long as the sulphites aren't listed in the ingredients list and are instead noted as "Contains sulphites" or "Sulphites naturally occuring", it would be fine for your Whole30.  Hope that helps you track one down!

Hi everyone, I just found this thread. I started actually on June 21, but after 2 cups of coffee with coconut milk, I thought it tasted just a little sweet. I could have sworn I read the label, but when I checked, yup, sugar. So, even though I was compliant the rest of the day, I counted it as Day 0. That means this is officially day 8 (June 22). I got compliant coconut cream/milk online.

My first week was pretty uncomfortable--aches, feeling tired. I have intestinal disease, so I am eating primarily cooked foods, and I chose to do a regular Whole 30 rather than restricting night shares and eggs (after this first one I will see how I am doing) and, happily, I am definitely experiencing less pain and less acidity--yay! This happened by day 3. I suspect it's dairy because I have restricted wheat in the past without results, whereas I have never restricted dairy. I am a cream in my coffee person. I really love the coconut products now, but I plan to switch to black by the end of the W30.

Today I am feeling better, but still not terribly energetic. I hope to turn the corner soon!

Hi there!  I too have finally found my way to the forums after starting on June 22nd.  Reading this thread has been amazing!  It's so nice to see that others have had similar experiences & thoughts while on this journey.  I have never cooked so much food and done so many dishes when it hasn't been a special occasion!  A little nervous because tomorrow night will be my first time in a social situation since beginning - don't want to blow it when I'm almost 1/3 in.

Thank you all for your posts!

@Acha  and cait_NY. WELCOME! 

Yeah, the washing dishes was getting to me too so I bought 10 of those glassware containers in different sizes with the sealed BPA-free tops (Pro Glass). You can put the glass directly in the oven, so now I'll pop a few of them in the oven with different foods. That way I have my lunch to take to work and I did not have to go from cooking dish to eating dish. The same with the microwave. I now send my son's lunch to daycare in glass. Glass is easier to wash than plastic and doesn't leave chili stains from reheating. I am sure people already use glass but I was cheap and would reuse the lunch meat containers, which I was not supposed to reheat anyway due to the toxic plastic. 

I am going away Saturday and Sunday this weekend. I'm really nervous about being able to stay on plan. I have lots of veggies to take, planning to take hard boiled eggs and I have compliant lunch meat. I need to decide what fats I'm taking too. I have tead the travel downloads and I think I will be okay but if anyone has some suggestions that would be great.

The past two days I have been under the weather with a respiratory crud, so no activity to speak of. I am having an emotional response to this, worrying about weight gain...my rational brain tells me that a couple of days off of activity won't do any long-term damage, but--I feel like a slug! And it's not like I am particularly active most of the time. I do get moderate exercise, though much less than before a recent move across country (I don't have an elliptical machine access and haven't adequately replaced it). In a weird way, this eating plan has definitely started to improve my stamina already, so I think I am reacting to a shift down again.

Day 10 WOW.  Yesterday was not fun I was so over prepping and cooking and doing dishes, I got into a FUNK.  Pulling out today so this morning I ate my eggs with of all things raw baby carrots (yes I was really over the prepping thing).  It actually did the job and I feel good, lots of water too.  Off to do my morning/afternoon stuff and the day is planned.  I read the timeline and this is the time most people quit, so I'm making a note to self to just get through the next 2 days!

Oh yeah....my 12 year old daughter had a sleep over guest last night and of course they wanted french toast for breakfast.  So I made it for them and it smelled wonderful but I'm hanging in there.  It was either make it for them with little or no mess or walk into a kitchen that 2 12 years olds cooked in, truly the lesser of two evils.  

Have a great day everyone!

PS:  Welcome to all the newbies joining in I love the support, the more the merrier!

@Nashville Sugar Addict ....I cooked bacon the other day for my son to have on his tomato sandwiches.   Both weaknesses of mine.  I resisted the bacon smell and passed up the bread for eggplant and homemade mayo!!! 

My husband has been such a wonderful support seeing how he is doing this with me.  :D  We quit another nasty habit together over seven years ago and never looked back and hopefully our eating habits will not come back either.  haha....although I am craving sushi everyday. 

Day 10!!!

Today for lunch I made the Mexican Tuna Boats, they were good!  not as spicy as I thought they would be (i like spicy).

To my surprise, my son Anthony(10) reached for a second piece!  YAY

I'm really happy to have started this plan, I'm actually thinking about sticking with this plan long term.  Sparkling water/lime has really come in handy!

Starting to adjust to this 3 meals a day thing. Been cooking and washing dishes so much these last 10 days I decided I'd better go out and get myself some new cookware, mine are pretty old and need replacing anyway. Took some advise from other posts regarding saving time with glass containers etc. I'll have to rearrange my kitchen counter for better preparing and cooking since I'll be doing lots of it in advance then freezing etc. It's been nice not feeling hungry or snacking all the time. It gets easier every day and I'm looking forward to continuing a healthy eating lifestyle from now on. Been lucky haven't had any real cravings even from the foods etc. that I really loved and figuring by now they shouldn't pop up. Having said that I will stay alert and diligent. Woops, just saw the time and I need to get my 3M done for the day even though I'm not hungry...ha what a concept. I have noticed I don't eat near as much nor want near as much as before and still not be hungry. Feeling gooooooood! Stay the course everyone... :-)

Today was hard day. I'm also over the whole doing dishes thing :) Dinner tonight wasn't that great. The Squash exploded in my microwave. Oh well. Planning on prepping some meals tomorrow so lunches are easier. Does anyone buy the pre cooked and peeled hardboiled eggs? Just saw them at Giant. 

Today was hard day. I'm also over the whole doing dishes thing :) Dinner tonight wasn't that great. The Squash exploded in my microwave. Oh well. Planning on prepping some meals tomorrow so lunches are easier. Does anyone buy the pre cooked and peeled hardboiled eggs? Just saw them at Giant.

I just bought the pre cooked and peeled hard boiled eggs over the weekend. They are Egglands best brand. They are pretty good. Not as good as freshly boiled but they work for me and are easy to grab Ina hurry.

Well, bring on the holiday!!!  Husband will be grilling ribs for himself.....while I will be enjoying fresh gulf shrimp!!!  Glad I can still have my shrimp!  I so need to start exercising!!   I really do enjoy it but here in Missip we experience scorcher days and getting in the garden once a day leaves me soaked....I think that's called cardio-right??  haha

Oh yeah,  I failed to mention that I have a Whole Lotta Love for the WHole30!!  I ahve weighed everyday for years and have put it up for the last 11 days....very hard.  Put on my TIGHT scrubs pants today and the fit quite nicely!!  whoop whoop!!  Sorry I"m loving this Whole30!!  Just sayin....

This was a tough day...the morning started OK but we had a storm and I had to shop, blah blah blah.  I didn't get to eat breakfast until like two hours after my morning swim (not good).  Ate lunch at 2:30pm (not good) and was so tired I slept for a 1/2 hour after.  Dinner is on for everyone and I'm just wanting the throw in the towel.  Just need to get through dinner and go to bed.  Tomorrow is a new day.

Happy Holiday Weekend for those of you in the U.S.! I am a bit nervous as we are leaving in the morning for 4 days, rented a house on a lake in Northern California. Good news, the house has a kitchen but I am nervous about being able to find approved food in the area as it is a bit rural. Making a trip to Whole Foods in the morning and going to pack a cooler to transport some things like Ghee, lunch meat, coconut milk, etc. since it is only a 3 hour drive. We will also be eating out tomorrow night to celebrate my daughters 10th Birthday. First time in a real sit down restaurant since starting W30 (ate at Chipotle once). Any advice on what or how to order?

My youngest has decided to stop the W30 (when she is out with friends and for her Birthday) but is going to eat whatever I make the rest of the time. I am happy she made it 10 days. My 13 year old is hanging in and I am so proud of her. We both feel great. My hubby isn't doing W30 but doesn't mind not having junk food in the house and will eat whatever I put in front of him so it has been relatively easy. I can tell huge differences are happening with my body, haven't stepped on the scale and can't wait until day 31 to see!! Have a great weekend!

Archived