Starting June 22nd!

DeEnna

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like you are well planned!  enjoy your trip, and enjoy the dinner out!  Steak & veggies are usually on the menu, that's easy.  I'll be going out for lunch to a Greek restaurant, getting chicken kabobs, lemon roasted potatoes, and greek salad (no feta!).

Last night I made some clarified butter, and butternut squash soup.  Prep time allows 10 minutes to peel and cut the butternut squash, oh man, took be forever!  Next time I will buy the bagged butternut squash.

Happy 4th of July everyone - happy grilling :)

FYI I always roast the butternut (and other hard to peel squash) in a 400 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes. When it's ready, I put it in a paper bag for a couple of minutes to help steam the skin. I can then cut the squash open, remove seeds and chop, scoop or whatever. It takes as long as peeling raw, but that's passive cook time when I can do other stuff and also so much less frustrating.

Yesterday was difficult; I had a family crisis which threw me off my game. I didn't get my meals in at appropriate times, I drank coffee too late, etc. Fortunately, I didn't snack or eat anything non-compliant, but last night the urge to eat was really strong. I'm glad I didn't give in to the pressure of wanting to do emotional eating, but it was tough. I think that the reason I was able to talk myself down from the ledge is because my body is getting into a more healthy pattern, so the psychological pressure wasn't enough to push me past what I could handle. That's a real victory for me as I usually fail under pressure. Today is another day, and I am glad to still be a June 22nd thirtier.

Well Whole30 is starting to really click now. Husband and I did separate shopping yesterday and we were able to get farmers market stuff and cover three other stores. Still excited about being on this journey with you guys as well as my husband. Tomorrow's cooking has been thought out as well as postponing traveling in order not to mess up.

Everyone enjoy your 4th!!!

Whew today is a new day.  Glad to see so many of us still here :)!  Did some needed prepping of food yesterday and planning for the weekend!  I've decided it's too hard to be around party food so I'm eating at home and going later to friends for the fireworks show.  It's easier than explaining to everyone why I'm not eating or drinking, unfortunately it's hurts peeps feelings when they have put together a party centered around food and drink (totally guilty of this).  I'm feeling good about this and I know the benefits totally outweigh any inconvenience and discomfort I'm going through now!

Happy 4th everyone, stay strong it's worth it <3

Happy almost 4th everyone. Been a busy few days. Pretty proud of my self for being busy and out and still staying on track. Even when everyone else is stuffing their face with ice cream!! i've also noticed how much I would eat while getting dinner for my son. Just picking here and there. hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! Oh and my shorts are fitting so loose!! Totally worth it :) 

It's really helpful having all of you posting your ups and downs and how you overcome, adjust or just plain push through it.  Today will make 12 big ones for all of us and I'm proud to be in the loop with such positive reinforcement.  All of you ROCK!  Now that we're heading into the big food fest weekend we have a huge challenge for all of us. Hopefully we all make it through with as little stress as possible. If this weekend doesn't do any of us in nothing will....I can't believe how much energy I've regained and motivated to do things. I'm noticing a tiny bit looser clothes so I know I'm on the right track. Eating out tomorrow so looking forward to cruising the menu and seeing how I do. Tomorrow is Independence Day not only for our Country but for all of us on the Whole30.  Independence from our old way of eating and being healthier. Everyone have a safe and great 4th of July!!!!!!!!!

Happy 4th everyone! My fiance and I are staying with my folks and I offered to cook everything this weekend :) Tomorrow we're having baby back ribs, pulled pork (served over sweet potatoes), and the sauteed kale with almonds from the Whole30 book! Some fresh berries and watermelon with mint for a sweet side. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend! 

Well, yesterday I felt really great and energetic BUT I skipped breakfast for a hair appt.  Drank tones of green tea that is my crutch since giving up the daily soda fix.

I'm too excited about today, the 4th.  Independence to all of our nation and want to celebrate with Whole30 with our Canadians as well!!  We are grilling a brisket for hubby and shrimp and veggies for me as I said in a previous post.  Now baked beans are my poison and I am having to keep them out of our house. But we decided to make a baked potato and used Whole30 approved items to make it our potato salad.  Really excited about trying that and it will definitely cut down on portion sizes and going back for seconds.  

I've been married for 5 years and have tried to eat like the 18 year old and my husband....hence the reason I have gained the 20,  But this time it is sticking and working.  I will add back beans eventually but they will be sprouted.  Oh by the way i tried kale sprouts found at Wholefood...loved them!!!   I've always prefered trying different foods so the Whole30 rocks and get the rest of my family out of the comfort zone and trying new things as well!!!  Kudos Whole30.  

I appreciate all of you and hope you are safe this weekend.   :rolleyes:  

We are having roasted sweet potatoes, grilled chicken, veggies and fruit! Of course I have to make other things for everyone else. My family is really supportive, my Mom is actually the one who introduced me to Whole30 so that is really helpful. So glad to also have all of you!! I think it helps so much! 

I got through the day. We ended up going downtown to watch the fireworks. We packed our own food, but as a donation I bought some vendor tickets and ordered a plate of meat with shredded cabbage and pico de gallo. I was kind of annoying asking about all of the ingredients and then rejecting these authentic homemade tortillas, but I felt good that I did not mess up. This is yet the farthest I have gone on the W30 and I am quite optimistic.

Ok made it through the Holiday still on track.  Just wanted to share a funny/nightmare dream I had last night.  I woke up in a cold sweat because in my dream I was eating a huge bowl of Cheerios with milk.  LOL what's so funny is it was so real and that's what I went off the whole 30 for :).  I haven't had Cheerios in 5 years or more and as for real milk I've never liked it.  Crazy dream for sure about going off my diet.  

Hope everyone had a great 4th and stayed on track.  My goal this week is to do a good workout everyday <3.  I'm feeling stronger.

Hi Fellow June 22s,

Made it through the holiday also. Because I am still dealing with a family crisis, it's been a real challenge, but things are settling down. Soon my daughter-in-law will give birth, so that will also be somewhat challenging. My mantra is "it's only 30 days." What's actually true, though, is that I plan to continue many of the new ways I am learning to eat (and not eat) after July 21st.

Happy 4th all! Last night celebrating my daughters birthday at a restaurant turned out to be not as scary as I thought it would be. My older daughter and I had flank steak and a double portion of veggies (no mashed potatoes) and a side salad to start. The waitress was a nice as could be making sure there wasn't butter in anything or added croutons or cheese in the salad. It was so easy we decided to try another restaurant tonight. Got a burger with lettuce wrap and a side salad. Was a small portion so I did have a bit of fruit as soon as we got home. So proud of myself for making it though my daughter eating ice cream in front of me and walking through a street festival today with all the yummy smells coming from the booths. Almost 1/2 way there!!!

@ Nashville Sugar Addict, that is so funny about the dream!! Same thing happened to me yesterday. I had a dream I ate a huge slice of cake, and it was so real. Woke up feeling terrible!! I thought I was crazy for dreaming about eating food but glad it happened to someone else :) 

Also, what does everyone else do for workouts if you do them? 

I have been swimming everyday for the last 6 weeks.  The last two weeks I've been doing weight training 2 days a week and not swimming on those two days.  I do some light Yoga in the morning and evening.  I have a lot of weight I would like to release this year so I'm being very conscious of moving my body and doing cardio everyday.  I'm not ready to run but I would like to start walking a few days instead of swimming.  

So it's all about just doing it for me and setting a routine.  If I don't I would NEVER work out.   

I've had so much energy I've been purging my kitchen and bedroom and reorganizing. Purging clothes and things I've kept for years and never wear or use is getting piled up for the mission, finally putting away winter clothes yadda, yadda, yadda!! It feels good getting this stuff done but I'm wondering where the other me went. Being retired I slipped into being a couch potato and definitely slipped out of that. I can't believe that eating healthy could create this monster! My poor dog doesn't know what to do now that I'm constantly moving from room to room. Whole30...good stuff! :)  I haven't had a particularly hard time switching to real food but the last 2 days I've been craving a sparkling apple cider. :angry:  Yes for lunch today I had a few bites of an apple but it didn't do anything for this craving.  I've been holding strong but this is the first real craving I've had to deal with these 2 weeks. Please universe make this go away. :wacko:

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!  After dining out a few times over the past few days - I'm actually looking forward to preparing all my own meals for the week.  Dish washing and all.  Triple checking that everything was compliant stressed me out! 

I have been going to the gym and getting in some cardio & weights - didn't really do much the first week. I've been having bursts of crazy energy - but nothing like what @marby3 described.  Bring it on!  No crazy cravings - but I would have enjoyed a glass of wine last night while watching the fireworks!!

Two weeks done.  Can't believe that tomorrow is day 15.

It looks like I am going to have to increase my food budget now that I am buying only fresh whole foods, which means I have to really decrease entertainment/shopping budgets. I should have started a garden.

Glad to be back at work..... yuck, did I really say that?? BUT it will put me back on a schedule that keeps me in check with food.  Too many temptations!!!  Hope all had a wonderful forth!! 

Still wish I would pick the weights back up soon.  My husband has increased his workouts and I have put mine to sleep. 

Archived