Starting June 22nd!

DeEnna

I plan to continue for the most part. I would like to

Be able to go out to dinner and eat what I want on occasion but continue to eat the way the majority of the time.

The weekend was tough for me. Not really any temptations but being gone and only having the food I packed, I didn't really want it. I also found myself snacking some. It was all on compliant foods but it was still too much. I'm kinda glad to be back at work too. Just because I think it is easier :) only two more weekends to make it through!! I really can't believe I have stuck with this. Although for the most part I think this has been the easiest plan to follow. I would like to start working out again. Maybe I will do something tonight.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half way done! Honestly I feel so good I would like to continue my Whole30 if I didn't have so many planned events coming up at the end of the month. 

Heading to LA for a work trip this weekend and am feeling pretty nervous about staying compliant while traveling - the flight is the thing I'm worried most about. Any tips? 

I'm still here and happy to be so. I had a burst of energy this morning and cleaned out the pantry and the kitchen cupboards. The pantry looks so bare without the boxes of cereal, pasta and packaged foods! My fridge is another story. It's bursting at the seams with veggies, fruits, meats and about a million little containers of leftovers and chopped foods. I'm trying to come up with a system to organize it all so I can find what I want and minimize waste! It will help when I have the time to throw away all the half empty jars of non-compliant foods.

I was so tempted to step on the scale this morning but proud to say I resisted. I can tell my body is changing from the way my clothes fit. Hooray!

We are halfway there!  Yep feeling really good and listening to my body.  It's nice to know that if I am snacking even compliant foods, my body and brain are kicking in saying NO you really aren't hungry and you aren't supposed to do this!  It's so nice to have this forum for support and encouragement I love all the ideas everyone is sharing.  

Well I've got my crockpot chicken going, made salsa and now I'm off to make up some mayo and ranch dressing!  It's good stuff to get me through another week.  I do plan to keep on with the Whole 9 program after I'm really hoping to keep this a permanent way of life.  I feel good, it's healthy and mindful.  If I lose weight great but the important thing is I feel good and I'm fueling my body with whole foods and not junk.  I've been on every crazy diet in the world and this is really all around nutrition and not a diet <3.  

PS My food journal really is important as well, it keeps me on track because if I have to write it down I think twice.  

After being the energizer bunny on steroids the last few days I started today with a heavy body. My body just felt sluggish, I guess not being used to all the activity really did zap me. By late morning I was back to feeling energized but figure I better take it easy and slow down. I won't be stopping just taking rest breaks to curb the steroid affect. I'm eating on a schedule now and have on snacked, on compliant foods, a few times and haven't really felt hungry but a few so I'm guessing my portions of everything is doing okay. I haven't had any desire for candy but cookies sure look good to me and I loooooove popcorn but have been refraining without difficulty. Having said that, I know that sugar demon is sniggling in the back of my head. :ph34r:  Half way through so the rest is like hump day, all down hill. The first week of Aug. I'm going on a 7 day cruise to AK so I'm mentally preparing for eat as compliant as possible yet enjoy myself. I will have completed this 30 and have an additional 2 weeks under my belt so I should be okay before boarding the floating smorgasbord. I don't know how many of us that started on the 22nd are still here but congratulations to everyone.  We've made it through the toughest part, at least for me! :)   

Happy Day 15 all!!! Can you believe we are half way?!

We had a great rest of our trip and got home this afternoon. I hit Whole Foods as we didn't have anything in the house. I made the Citrus Glazed Halibut for dinner from W30 book, served it with roasted potatoes and veggie mix and a salad. It was SO good! Looking to try some other recipes this week. Up to this point I have just been trying to throw compliant meals together and that has worked but I want some variety.

My plan is to continue the W30 after I finish but the last week of July we have a full week trip to SoCal planned. I will probably go a bit off plan but will try to keep it 80/20. After that trip I will most likely go back to full W30 because I still have significant weight to lose and plus I just feel great while doing this plan.

Wow. Day 16. Troubles keep happening in my family, and my meal regulation has been off but I have not eaten anything off-plan. Mostly feeling too overwhelmed to time meals appropriately, etc.

Last night a minor miracle happened. I had more difficult news and upset, and my brain went immediately to food/wine. Then, I suddenly realized that I wouldn't feel better if I ate non-compliant food! I actually didn't WANT it. That's never happened before. I have succeeded occasionally in avoiding comfort eating, but only through intense willpower. This time, I noticed that my body actually DIDN'T want a sugar or alcohol rush. I wouldn't have believed you if you told me this would happen.

Happy 16 to everyone.

Great posts everyone!  I've been doing really good until this point.  I'm still on track, but had some work & home challenges.  I would have normally had some wine for sure, but doing my best to stay on plan, just not in the mood for cooking, so I most likely have not been eating enough.

On Sunday was our family picnic and lunch was good steak/roasted potatoes/veggies/salad, but dinner was Pizza!  and lots of salads, but many had beans LOL

I was able to eat veggies, my sparkling water, but on the way home I was light headed/nauseous, I'm sure it's because I didn't have protein.

Although I'm feeling really down, I am proud that I didn't give in to stress eating/drinking.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a much better day!

Hang in there Sunshine. I know how you feel! We really can do this...I just keep remembering my mantra--to give myself this gift of 30 days of clean food.

It may or may not get easier within the 30 days, but I can already feel my relationship with food getting healthier.

Everyone is doing so good!  I'm so glad to have you all here for support <3.  Day 16 is in the books and I gotta tell you I felt wonderful today.  3 meals and one PWO meal and no snacking....wooo hooo.  Last night I hit the bed and fell asleep right away (miracle) got up early this morning and have been going all day.  Man it's great to have energy back again.  Hoping it stays.

Made a few meals this week that we stretched into two meals a week...a little planning and this is really great for the whole family.  Even my 73 year old Dad is loving the food, my daughter is on board but still working on my 13 year old son.  He's at least trying everything so I got that going for me :).  

Here's to a great week everyone it's now doable and I don't feel like giving up at this point!!

Hi friends,

Day 17! I tend to think time flies, but not on a W30...if I keep doing W30's, I'll never wonder where the time went ;-)

Crab legs, New potatoes with ghee and chives, hericot vere last night. Yup, this is definitely not a diet.

My sleep is noticeably better, although my energy is still lagging behind. I do think I can get more accomplished, but workouts are still just an idea that I haven't been able to realize. I am considering splurging on a 30 day program that includes one personal session followed by 12 small group sessions; I feel a little shy about it as I am overweight and out of shape.

So, I don't yet have Tiger Blood. I hope it will hit soon!

Acha - thanks so much, reading your post I knew I was not alone.  If we can get through these stresses and stay on plan, we are succeeding for sure!!

Nashville, it's great that the family is a least trying.  My son (10) keeps asking, is this healthy??  and I respond, It's yummy!!  You are also inspiring me to swim, although our summer this year has not been great.  I haven't done much in exercising, my focus has been on meal planning, but I do need to do something.

Day 17!  congrats to everyone, there is no stopping us now :)

@Acha this is my second Whole 30 and during my first it was much much much more difficult.  As for doing a workout it was impossible because I felt horrible until about day 23 or 24 and then I got a small glimpse of the Tiger Blood.  It's all about getting all the stuff out of our system during the Whole program so don't beat yourself up over not working out.  I didn't even really start working out until after the first was complete (I have a lot of weight to lose as well but now I'm in much better shape).  Hang in there this is really all about a life change and not a diet <3

@sunshine I'm really lucky we have a great very affordable recreation center near my home with an indoor pool, so it's available year round <3.  I'm really blessed <3.  For me the hard part was following through with the commitment to exercise every day for a minimum of 30 minutes.  I'm up to an hour now and I'm feeling the need to push it even more.  It's the follow through that I never did before and I feel it's really the change in the way I'm looking at my food.   

Good stuff everyone thanks for being here!

I finally had a candy dream!!  

After this 30 if I introduce a few items back into my diet where do we go to find out how bad the item we like is???   I love peanut butter and had already started using PB2.....which one is worse?  Anyone?  I know PB isn't great for you but I was wondering if the other was better.

• Administrators

I finally had a candy dream!!  

After this 30 if I introduce a few items back into my diet where do we go to find out how bad the item we like is???   I love peanut butter and had already started using PB2.....which one is worse?  Anyone?  I know PB isn't great for you but I was wondering if the other was better.

Methinks powdered food product not better for you.  http://foodbabe.com/2012/09/16/the-truth-about-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter/

Rough day today but I hung in there and ate well!  I'm glad we are this far along if I had had this day in the beginning I would have thrown in the towel for sure.  I feel healthy and really strong right now, I get little cravings here and there but I'm able to push through and eat compliant :).  Got my swim in tonight and I'm ready for tomorrow to get here...this day was a doozie!

Archived