30 day Commitment begins today

sjenkins1011

I baffle and amaze myself that I have so much difficulty sticking with a plan to eat right and lose weight. My intentions start out good, my goal set, nothing will get me off track this time.   But... any little slip puts me right back where I started.  This cycle is getting shorter and shorter - mmm, 2-3 times a week.

It's like being an addict.  I am fearful of giving it (some foods) up, I want more and more and will do almost anything to get it.  It is irrational and ridiculous behavior.  My feelings of despair and self-doubt prompt me to search for help-although I already know what to do.  This time my search led me to Whole 30. 

I will commit to the plan for 30 days beginning now. 

Have you read It Starts With Food?  That is the book that details all of the science-y stuff behind this program.  It was written by the founders, Dallas & Melissa Hartwig.  I think if you haven't, you would find it very interesting and informative especially with regards to sugar and carb addiction.  If you can't afford to buy a copy, try your local library and if they don't have one ask them to order one from another library.  When I read that, it was incredibly illuminating concerning the way I thought and felt about food.  I knew what to do too, but it was really hard to put into practice until I fully understood what all the junk was actually doing to my body, and how it was creating and exacerbating all of my health problems.

They also have another book recently out called The Whole 30.  That one is more on the practical side of doing the program with lots of recipes too.  This forum is also amazing...lots of help, support and encouragement.  Best of luck to you!  You can do it, because you are worth it!!!

The book really helps, you will understand that this is a physiological problem, not a personal fault! Just hold on for the first 4 days and the "addiction" feeling will fade...your body needs time to recover, and it will, just use the science they explain in the book to reassure yourself... Withdrawal from sugar is a real trial but you can do it when you understand what is happening.

Archived