Hi Everyone,

I'm on Day 6 (alt day 9 w/out reset) and am primarily breastfeeding my 6mo old daughter, Charlotte. Charlotte has been waking more frequently and tossing and turning a lot. This has been increasing over the past couple of days. I haven't been having any trouble at all with the Whole30. What's going on with this? Is it possible that she's somehow having problems when I'm not? Is my supply just really low w/out me knowing?

BTW, we co-sleep, so her tossing and turning has been waking me up/ making my sleep less restful.

Sincerely,

Sarah

I'd be hesitant to think it's your milk changing from the Whole30.

Babies change so quickly, she could be learning something new like sitting up unassisted and that's affecting her sleep.

My little co-sleeper became more mobile and sometimes restless from 6 months on.

Have you introduced solids yet? That could be affecting her as well.

I just wanted to add that there is not only quite a bit going on developmentally around the 6 month mark that could be affecting sleep, but it's also time for another growth spurt. I've noticed with my babies that during growth spurts (especially right before the growth spurt actually happens) they become a bit more restless and often cluster feed. Especially at night when they aren't so busy taking in the world.

Thank you for the input and support. I guess it could be all sorts of new developments/growth spurt. She got teeth at 4 mo, sat up unassisted at 5 mo, started eating off my plate at 5.5 mo (I'm doing the whole30 for her), and is at the 97/93 percentile for ht/wt, and slept fine through all of that. Maybe she's dreaming of chasing down a pastured chicken for breakfast...

• 1 month later...

My son's sleeping patterns DEFINITELY changed around 6 months (which is actually when we started co-sleeping full time since it was the only way to get him down). For us, every time we'd get into a good rhythm, it would last for a few weeks, then change into something else for a few weeks, and then get good again...sigh. That's babies for you. :)

I have a 6mo old as well, and his sleep patterns have been out of whack lately too. I think he's just working on a new skill, but it could be a growth spurt!

I didn't see any changes in my milk during the W30, and I pumped the same amount. Everyone's different, but I think you're probably OK. Like a previous poster said - these little ones change so fast!

Archived