Fish oil

kmg4805

I'm sure this has already been discussed but I've heard fish oil helps a lot with sore joints and I've been experiencing some soreness in my hips and knees from running. Is there a preferred method of consumption for fish oil? I'm not sure if it comes in anything other than capsules?

I remember them writing about this in the W30 book and they suggested fish oil from Green Pastures. This is a great product and one that I use myself. It is extracted from wild-caught cod so you don't need to worry about chemicals, etc. It is expensive though. 

• Moderators

You can take fish oil supplements in any form you like. Liquid or capsules are fine. Fish oil can help, but is not meant to be a permanent solution. Instead, taking fish oil should be a step you take while you adjust your overall diet. 

I stopped taking fish oil several years ago and instead eat a can of salmon every other day. I also eat tuna as my post-workout protein. Salmon is very high in EPA and DHA, the part of fish oil that is helpful. Tuna has a little EPA and DHA. 

• 4 weeks later...

I seen in the book saying that the Stronger, Faster, Healthier is superior. Has anyone tried this? What flavors are good? I currently just use Nordic Naturals. Was thinking about giving the SFH a try. Any thoughts?

Archived