Contingency "hand-bag" meals for being on the road

lcs75

Hi all,

I travel frequently and often not by car. At times I am not able to get compliant meals due to time or availability, ie in remote locations. Often I travel multiple days so cannot prepare food to take out.

What are good ideas for handbag meals, I can think of nuts and canned tuna, boiled eggs are not really practical... ? What can I do for veggies when space and means of transport are limited?

Due to my food allergies I can't always find something to eat when out and about so I carry pouches of baby food purées with me as emergency food. My current favourite is sweet potato & pear :)

I also have cans of tuna and olives in my desk at work.  

I've tried a bunch of different things, but the easiest, no fuss combo of foods I have been traveling with lately are PrimalPacs beef jerky (protein), macadamia nuts and/or coconut flakes (fat), and a bag of cleaned string beans (veg). No refrigeration, preparation, or utensils needed. Whether I'm just going to an all day meeting with questionable and unknown food offerings or traveling on a plane, I know I will not get stuck without something to eat. If I can find a compliant meal, I'll have it, but knowing I have a complete, "emergency" meal has eliminated my food stress when on the road.

Archived