Having Cheating Dreams

This isn't a typical "problem" like being too hungry or irritable or really constipated or something, but I am having recurring, vivid dreams about cheating on my program and it makes me feel guilty and concerned. Will this ever stop?

I have never once in my life dreamed about food before starting the Whole30. Now, I dream about it about 5x a week. I'll be doing something normal, like hanging out with my friends, and I'll look down and notice that I've been eating nachos, or pizza or something. Or I accidentally took a sip of my friend's soda. The rest of my dream is a self driven guilt trip where I try to justify it, try to say it's okay, and then end up realizing that my program is out the window and I need to start again. I wake up feeling guilty and dejected and it makes me worry. I have been very careful and have been 100% compliant in my 22 days on the program, but I was wondering will this "stage" ever end?

I want to stick with the fundamentals after my 30 days are done, but I don't want to give myself a complex about food. I don't want to lose sleep thinking about how bad it is to eat a tortilla chip! Has anyone else had this? Does it go away? Any tips? 

I've been having like the same exact dreams!!!! They've been almost every night, and I rarely have vivid dreams. Its always an accident, and then I feel super guilty the rest of the dream but I try and justify so I don't have to start over!

Unfortunately, I have no advice, but I just wanted to say that I'm in the same boat!

Ooooo,  those dreams will go away.  I used to dream I was on the Diners, Drive-ins and Dives  show.  I was eating every huge bite like Guy F.   I could match him under the table....swill, slurp and swallow.   It was glorious in those dreams but they went away.

You're working through things at night.   Shake them off.  

• 2 years later...

lol... the same here , never dreamed about food ever and now i've had two dreams!!! And they all go like yours.. when I suddenly realize I'm eating something I shouldn't LOL.. I see this post is from years ago! Did ur dreams ever stopped?

Archived