chocolate avocado pudding

Tracy R.

My son's 13th birthday is tomorrow. I think this dessert is w30 acceptable, but I want to make sure. I wasn't sure if I should put this here since I'm asking if it's ok to have or in the recipe section.

Chocolate avocado pudding (serves 2)

- 1 banana

- 2 small avocados

- 2 tbsp creamed coconut

- 2 tsp freshly squeezed orange juice

- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa

1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.

2. Divide over 2 bowls and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

3. Serve plain or with topping of your choice (dessicated coconut, chopped walnuts or hazelnuts, berries, etc) and enjoy!

Posted by Marinka at 7:54 PM

http://paleofoodie.blogspot.com/2011/04/happy-easter-and-some-recipes.html#more

Honestly, I'm not worried if it's paleofied (not sure what swypo is). It's for my son's 13th birthday and I want a special dessert for him. :) He is trying hard to do the w30 this month and told me to not worry about his birthday cake, but I'd like to figure something special out for him. I just want to make sure the ingredients listed are ok. Creamed coconut is what I'm not sure about. Is that the stuff in the can, near the coconut milk? I've never cooked with coconut before paleo (except the flakes on SAD cakes and in SAD pies), so just want to make sure the cream is what I think it is.

Well I am the strict one, but you got me at 13th birthday. I'd say you can have this as a birthday treat even during a Whole30 (but don't go telling people I've gone soft).

YAY!! Thank you. lol, and I won't tell. It's our secret.

Have a fun day & happy birthday to your TEEN!!

Thank you. He is more happy about becoming a teen than I am. haha

By the way, I hope my reply to you didn't sound snappish. I just reread it and I'm concerned it did. I didn't mean it that way at all. I apologize if it came off as such.

Creamed coconut is what I'm not sure about. Is that the stuff in the can, near the coconut milk? I've never cooked with coconut before paleo (except the flakes on SAD cakes and in SAD pies), so just want to make sure the cream is what I think it is.

I think you can get creamed coconut out of the can of coconut milk, too, if you don't shake it up to mix the can and then scoop from the thicker stuff at the top. Just watch out for weird additives in your coconut milk... hopefully someone else more culinary will chime in :).

Honestly, I'm not worried if it's paleofied (not sure what swypo is). It's for my son's 13th birthday and I want a special dessert for him. :) He is trying hard to do the w30 this month and told me to not worry about his birthday cake, but I'd like to figure something special out for him. I just want to make sure the ingredients listed are ok. Creamed coconut is what I'm not sure about. Is that the stuff in the can, near the coconut milk? I've never cooked with coconut before paleo (except the flakes on SAD cakes and in SAD pies), so just want to make sure the cream is what I think it is.

I am so impressed by a 13 yo who is doing whole30. Wow!

I'm so happy that you two posted about the coconut cream at the top of the coconut milk can. I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't know that was cream. I always stir it into the liquid when I use coconut milk and wondered what it was. My coconut milk doesn't have extra stuff in it, and it's not light, so I'll be able to use it.

I looked in 2 different stores today for coconut cream and all the cans of it had added sugar. I had told my son we were going to have to do something else. We had decided on banana pudding from Paleo Comfort Foods. Now he'll have to choose one.

My 13 yr old actually caved yesterday and ate a bowl of cereal, then felt sick and was in the bathroom. He was pretty down with himself for caving and then mad cause he messed up his w30 and got sick on top of it. I've thought for a while that he was dairy sensitive, I know for sure he is wheat sensitive. The cereal was gluten free. That ended up making him want to do the W30 even more, so he is back on board. I'm not putting pressure on him to do it. He was a pretty healthy eater before the w30, and I don't want him to feel he has to do this. If he doesn't make it the 30 days (from today), I'm fine with that. I'm not going to guilt him or anything.

I'm so happy that you two posted about the coconut cream at the top of the coconut milk can. I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't know that was cream. I always stir it into the liquid when I use coconut milk and wondered what it was. My coconut milk doesn't have extra stuff in it, and it's not light, so I'll be able to use it.

I looked in 2 different stores today for coconut cream and all the cans of it had added sugar. I had told my son we were going to have to do something else. We had decided on banana pudding from Paleo Comfort Foods. Now he'll have to choose one.

My 13 yr old actually caved yesterday and ate a bowl of cereal, then felt sick and was in the bathroom. He was pretty down with himself for caving and then mad cause he messed up his w30 and got sick on top of it. I've thought for a while that he was dairy sensitive, I know for sure he is wheat sensitive. The cereal was gluten free. That ended up making him want to do the W30 even more, so he is back on board. I'm not putting pressure on him to do it. He was a pretty healthy eater before the w30, and I don't want him to feel he has to do this. If he doesn't make it the 30 days (from today), I'm fine with that. I'm not going to guilt him or anything.

Yes, you can either just use the cream at the top or shake it up and use it all as milk. Double duty. :)

Tell him not to be hard on himself. It's all a learning curve (especially for a teen) and now he knows. I'll bet he'll think twice before doing that again.

Well, after all that, my son opted for no dessert at all. lol I was actually glad, this pudding just didn't sound good to me. I'm happy he ended up thinking so too.

We made an Asian meal (his fav!) from the Well Fed cookbook. It was delish.

Archived