Finally Doing This Right: Day 31=June 25

pennylane14

Howdy! I'm currently on Day 28 of my fourthish Whole30 (third "successful" one, my third one ended at Day 22 with red wine). This is the first time I won't be leaving out of town within a few days of completing a Whole30, which means I can finally do my reintroduction correctly! Here's my plan:

June 26: wine

June 29: Legumes (specifically black beans and hummus. PB is a FWIB for me)

July 2: oats and rice

July 5: beer

July 8: feta and goat cheese

July 11: butter

July 14: greek yogurt

I know what you're thinking--those are some really broken out food groups. But these are the things that were in my diet from these food groups that I ate prior to the Whole30, and would like to find out the effects of. I don't drink milk or eat bread/pasta anymore. Most cheese I already know gives me a tummy ache. Corn tortillas i occasionally eat, but really only when out at a restaurants. 

So, I'll be chronicling my post-Whole30 reintros here. I already accidentally reintro'd sugar yesterday and had really bad stomach pain and essentially a laxative effect from it. So that was nice. Ugh.

Thanks in advance for your support and advice!

Day 31 is here! Since I'm officially starting reintros tomorrow, nothing too exciting today. But I want to get in the groove and also set out some goals for retintro.

Goals: Less reliance on nuts/coconut flakes for snacks/healthy fats, regular workouts (weights twice a week, cardio 3 times a week), less caffeine (cutting down to one cup of coffee from two to start). 

Today's food and plan:

M1: Deconstructed shepherd's pie

M2: Paleo chicken enchilada casserole, cauliflower rice, 1/2 avocado

M3: Zoodles with avocado cream sauce, sliced chicken

Workout: cardio class at gym

Today is Wine Friday! Here's my food plan:

M1. shepherd's pie

M2: Whole Foods Salad: chicken, spinach, mixed greens, artichokes, tomatoes, guac, salsa

M3: Zoodles with avocado cream sauce, sliced chicken

Snacks (Wine Friday): A glass of wine, some charcuterie

No workout today.

So the wine reintroduction with wine went pretty well. I had about three glasses over the course of five hours. Had a slight headache by the end of the night and one today, so I think perhaps two glasses at most in the future. However, no more wine until next Friday, and I'm actually relieved about that. 

I think the thing that is most telling from last night is the french fries I had. They provided a good base for the wine, and I didn't have the post-drinking munchies. 

M1. chicken, carrots, avocado sauce

M2: chicken, zucchini, sweet potato

Post-WO snack: chicken

Dinner: Salad of some sort

Snack: Almond milk and cold brew coffee. 

Workout: spinning and weights class 

Ended up going to a movie with friends last night and M3 ended up being more of a grazing meal. Some sunflower seeds/dried cranberries/cashews at the movies, a small salad with apples, walnuts, and chicken (the amount of chicken was like 4 TB), and carrot chips and guac at a party. Stayed on plan but man was I bloated and gassy.

Today's meal:

M1: Carnitas and mashed sweet potato, iced coffee blended wtih coconut milk

M2: grilled vegetables, roasted potatoes, small side salad with strawberries and blueberries (church potluck) chicken sausage, carrots, guac

Snack: smoothie--coconut milk, coconut water, spinach, strawberries, blueberries, and chia seeds

M3: TBD--don't think I'm going to be too hungry so might just finish off some zucchini from yesterday and call it a night. 

No workout today. 

Last night ended with some wine, fruit, a larabar, and cobbled together dinner of zucchini and pulled pork. But, I didn't devour the pimento cheese and crackers, which my friend makes and I LOVE. Baby steps.

Today:

M1: carnitas and mashed sweet potatoes

M2: Chicken Curry Salad from the WHole30 Instagram

M3: Almond Crusted Tilapia from Whole30 Instagram, warm brussel sprout slaw from Nom Nom Paleo

Workout: Weights class at the gym. 

Also, this weekend, I had some 99% dark chocolate (only ingredient was chocolate). It was delicious, no adverse effects, and no urge to eat more than a little bit. No real sugar dragon flareups either. Huzzah!

Morning, all! Ended up having some popcorn last night, and man my stomach was not happy. Going back to Whole30 eating for awhile, especially since I know I'll be drinking on Friday. I know I'm introducing beer on Sunday, so here's what my revised timeline will probably look like:

Sunday 7/5: beer

Wednesday 7/8: legumes

Saturday 7/11: greek yogurt

Tuesday 7/14: rice 

Friday: 7/17: goat cheese/feta

Monday: 7/20: Butter

Today's plan:

M1: carnitas and mashed sweet potatoes with coconut oil

M2: chicken curry salad 

M3: Cashew crusted tilapia, brussels sprouts slaw, grapes

Last night, I took a sip of a friend's beer (not even thinking, was trying to help determine which beer was which). Stomach started burning and continued through the night, ugh. Really glad I'm not reintroducing anything else until this Sunday. 

M1: carnitas and mashed sweet potatoes with coconut oil

M2: chicken curry salad 

M3: Cashew crusted tilapia, brussels sprouts slaw, coconut milk smoothie

Last night went well--I went to the movies with friends and brought my own coconut water. This has been the big WIN for this Whole30--I used to HATE coconut water and now I find it SO refreshing and delightful. 

Seeing my trainer tonight for fat% and measurements, my first one since Whole30! excited to see the results!

Well, I survived 4th of July weekend by consuming compliant food. I definitely had wine, tequila, and introduced beer last night, but my food was on point with Whole30. One thing I learned though, it's easy to overdo it even with compliant food--felt fairly full and sloshy by yesterday. Lots of grapes, strawberries, grilled burgers, beet salads, etc.

A big win for me--no sweets or cravings for them. I stared down some cookies and brownies a few times, but was never white-knuckling it. I'm really just waiting for something that's "worth it" in this respect.

Well, the past few days have been challenging. But I'm all about getting back on the horse--right?

Monday, my meals were compliant until I got to church, which was taco night. However, it was only bean tacos, no lettuce or any veggies. Literally, the ingredients were tortillas, beans, cheese, and salsa. There went my plans to make a salad out of meat and lettuce/pico. I had a small scoop of beans, and felt kind of blech.

Also, that day, I'd bought a small thing of almond butter to use on apples at lunch at work. Well, the jar didn't last through the day, and my stomach hurt SO bad all day and into the next day.

Last night, again with church dinner, and again with the menu being changed last minute. The person bringing the meal got sick at the last minute, so just delivered a tray of chicken nuggets instead of the pulled pork she had planned on. I was running on about 5.5 hours of sleep (Way too little for me) and ended up eating SO MANY cookies. I again felt so gross, stomach pains, etc. I got home and put myself to bed. Got about 8 hrs of sleep last night, so feeling good today!

Today:

M1: pulled pork, mashed sweet potatoes, coconut oil

M2: chicken tenders, cauliflower rice, lettuce, Tessemae's southwest ranch, apple

M3/Pre Workout Meal: chicken tenders, shaved brussels sprouts with spinach and sauerkraut

Post Workout Meal: Tuna, small sweet potato

Workout: weights class at gym

Well, my reintro schedule has gotten a bit wonky, due to outings and provided food. Sometimes I'm just so exhausted from all the planning and abstaining during whole30 that I end up throwing in the towel at other times.

Last night, the post-workout meal also included homemade pickles, carrots, and three glasses of wine at a friend's house. I also had cheese for the first time (brie) and felt FINE. So excited that I can tentatively add cheese back in as a condiment.

Today is an example of me taking it slow but also treating myself:

M1: Pulled pork, mashed sweet potatoes, coconut oil, coconut water

M2: insides of two chicken curry wraps, insides of grilled chicken wrap, tabbouleh, tomato and feta salad, peanut butter chocolate cupcake (WORTH IT! and didn't trigger the sugar dragon!)

M3: chicken tenders, carrot noodles with marinana sauce, a cocktail or two (going on a drinks date so not sure what I'll have yet).

This weekend I'm going to a farmhouse birthday celebration all weekend. But I've decided I'm not drinking on Friday, need to give my liver a break. And I know I'll appreciate the lack of hangover on Saturday. 

Archived