On Day 30! Scared to get off the train...

Stephanie09

So, I'm on Day 30. I initially was thinking of starting a new Whole30 on Monday but I have been waivering all day. There are two things I miss more than anything. Number 1 is coffee! I love creamer in my coffee and this whole process has opened my eyes to check the labels on the back of the creamer bottle and heeeellloooo high fructose corn syrup and sugar! Goodness! Luckily, Trader Joe's has a creamer made with natural flavors and ingredients. I may want to add that small amount of creamer to my coffee without the sweeteners (if I did add sweetener, it would be stevia) and limit myself to one cup in the morning. The other item is wine! I love a nice glass of wine (or two) on a Saturday night. This is the only time I have wine (red). I can't see how with the Whole30 template this could be extremely damaging if I'm sticking to the foods but adding these two items and continuing on a slightly altered regemin. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this? 

Congrats for getting to 30 days Stephanie

I'm not quite experienced yet I've only made it to Day 26 and Day 21 with 2 restarts July 5 th will be my last if I can't make 30 days compliant

Anyhoo you sound like you are ready many of my friends on the forum have completed more than one W30 so they recommend a slo roll

Do add what you miss slowly a few days apart with the occasional wine or whatever you can handle

I do not plan to add much back for myself it would be anything I can handle No FWOB items for me I know what they are and they won't return

In my house

You can be assured you will know too

Good luck!

• Moderators

Please use the 30 days you have just accomplished to complete a formal reintroduction process so you will know how the foods you want to return to eating affect you. You should test to know how dairy, alcohol, bread, beans, etc. affect you. Then do with that knowledge whatever you want. If you want cream and wine and believe its effects are worth it to you, good for you. 

• 2 years later...
  • Moderators
41 minutes ago, John Conrad said:

So just finished my first whole 30 & not sure I want to chance the reintro yet.  Lost weight & although not the focus this has really been a motivator to continue.  I would like to just keep on keeping on....anyone see a problem with that?

We'd really recommend that at some point you do reintroductions, while you have a clean slate, just so you have an idea of how foods will affect you, because it is highly unlikely that you will get through the rest of your life 100% Whole30 -- there will be times when it's good for you to know whether that cake someone made is going to cause you enough issues that it's not worth it, or you might want a beer at a ballgame, or a champagne toast at a wedding, or you just want to order something at a restaurant without asking a million questions -- reintroductions can help you know what items you are okay with having sometimes and which you want to avoid completely. You can do reintroductions and go back to whole30 eating for as long as you want.

There's lots of information about how life after Whole30 can work on the Whole30 blog. Start here:  https://whole30.com/step-four-finished  -- there are links to other blog posts at the end of that article.

Archived