Why does all food look gross now?

Hi everyone. I'm on day 3 and I became pretty sick to my stomach last night after making some chicken and veggies, Coconut milk, and potatoes for dinner. I spent most of the night throwing up, and now the sight of meat repulsed me. I'm hoping this will pass, but I'm having trouble eating. Nothing but maybe some tea, fruit, and nuts seem appetizing? Should I just eat anyway? Today I had Applesauce and nuts for meal 1, then half a burger Patty, Avocado, and grilled Onions for meal 2 but could only stomach half. This sound normal? It's only day 3 so this could be a long road ahead.

• Moderators

This sounds like it might be stomach bug or possibly a bit of food poisoning. (I've seen two different people I know post on Facebook about being sick with some kind of stomach thing today -- maybe there's something going around.)

Eat what you can. Maybe focus on easy to digest things like scrambled eggs, sweet potato, and broth. Ginger or peppermint tea might help, especially if you're still feeling nauseated or like your stomach is unsettled.

Hope you feel better soon.

Yes it sounds like your hormones may be at play here Is the food you are cooking close to what and how you ate before?

I say keep it simple YES eat what you like stick to the shopping list make it compliant

Make sure Protien fat starchy carb veggies or fruit

Don't change everything yet

Also stay hydrated are you drinking water in ounces half your body weight?

Thank you Shannon and mega... No I didn't drink enough water yesterday. Trying to make up for it today. I know that didn't help. Yes Eggs and Potatoes are the only foods right now that sound good to eat. I was a big rice and pasta girl before this. So now instead of those, I'm cooking g similar things without those, but with extra oil. All the extra fat really keeps me from wanting to eat. I guess that's a good thing, but it's weird not wanting to eat at all. That never happens.

How's your caffeine? That would definitely rob your appetite Try to limit it or have it after meals

Like peppermint tea to digest

You could make a frittata with cooked potatoes zucchini etc so you'd get veggies starch and Protien chopped tomato on the side It's a fast ready made breakfast or lunch too

• Moderators

Dit250, yes, if you ate carb-heavy before, your body is going through the carb flu. Happened to my husband pretty badly. He wasn't very hungry and then the nausea hit. Make sure you are eating the recommended amount in the Meal Template for fat, that is your new fuel source now and your body needs it.

You can do this!

Thanks for these comments. My husband and I are on Day 5. We have also both experienced not wanting to eat and feeling sick to our stomache. So far we have forced ourselves to eat the protein, veggies and fat, along with some fruit. Forcing myself to eat the protein is the hardest part for me. I'm not a big meat eater and before Whole30 only ate eggs on occasion. We did eat carb-heavy before so maybe that is the problem.

Archived