Heading out for Japanese and need your help!

eeemg7

Japanese is really hard to do because many items are marinated or topped with a soy based sauce. You can get something very plain...no rice no sauce...bring your own coconut aminos to dip. You can ask the restaurant if they can make some sushi rolls without rice. You'll get a weird look potentially but lots of places can do it without rice or they sometimes even very thinly slice cucumber as a wrap. Just ask!

:( sashimi is the only way to go hey :(

Well, I don't know. The menu just looked scary to me, but I have to say, I love fresh sashimi almost more than anything. There is a name for the roll that is wrapped in cucumber and has avocado and then the raw fish with no rice. They are delish, but I saw nothing that came close to it on the menu. I can't remember what it's called. I want to say Nombuko, but that isn't quite right. I eat at Japanese restaurants all the time, but stick with the sushi (sashimi) and a nifty little cucumber salad that I put my own dressing on when I am doing Whole30.

ETA: Naruto is what it's called. It usually has fish roe on top, so not sure whether that is whole30 or not.

Archived