Day 7 and feeling... fine?

Is it weird that I'm a little concerned that so far on day 7 of my first ever Whole30, I really haven't experienced that many unpleasant side effects. On day 2 my joints were achey just for an hour in the morning and I've had a little digestive distress here and there (but I always do.) My energy levels are high on certain days and low on others but that's really it. I didn't have any headaches or major fatigue or irritability, anything like what was in the book. In fact day 2 and day 6 I had super high energy levels.

I'm just concerned I'm doing something wrong because there really hasn't been anything terrible...? I also haven't even had many cravings at all for the foods I used to eat, and I used to eat junk. I've probably quadrupled checked labels and mostly have been buying foods with just a single main ingredient.

Is it normal to *not* have negative side effects so far?

Everybody is different so you don't have to have the symptoms for it to be working... That said if you'd like to post a few days worth of your food & liquid intake we could take a look to ensure your composing your meals correctly just to put your mind at ease...?

Everybody is different so you don't have to have the symptoms for it to be working... That said if you'd like to post a few days worth of your food & liquid intake we could take a look to ensure your composing your meals correctly just to put your mind at ease...?

Sure:

Thursday

breakfast - three scrambled eggs with broccoli and carrots, plus blueberries and raspberries on the side.

lunch - chicken meatballs in a homemade tomato sauce (no sugar, mostly based off of book) and steamed veggies in a basic vinaigrette

dinner - melissa's chicken hash (substitute cashews instead of almonds)

Friday

breakfast - spinach and red pepper frittata

lunch - sauteed chicken in romesco sauce with broccoli, carrots, and kale

dinner - grilled chicken in salad with basic vinaigrette

Saturday

breakfast - spinach frittata with arugula in basic vinaigrette on the side

lunch - chicken in a homemade roasted red pepper sauce with arugula and kale

dinner - homemade burgers with kale, homemade garlic aioli and sliced baked potatoes as buns (drizzled with EVOO)

everything in a pan always made with either olive oil or coconut oil. i also occasionally snack on a fruit, organic cashews, or a lara bar but only if necessary. or if i mess up a meal and don't have time to re-cook lol. i also have water with every meal and sporadically throughout the day.

Meals look ok: are you getting a fat in at every meal? Note when you saute in a pan, much of the fat stays behind in the pan.

On the snacking, drop the Lara Bar. While technically compliant, those are for emergency purposes only. If you're genuinely hungry between meals (litmus test: you could eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli), the recommendation is to have a mini-meal of protein, veg and fat. Nuts are a fat on a Whole30. If you're going to have fruit, have it with your main meals only vs. as part of a snack.

Meals look ok: are you getting a fat in at every meal? Note when you saute in a pan, much of the fat stays behind in the pan.

On the snacking, drop the Lara Bar. While technically compliant, those are for emergency purposes only. If you're genuinely hungry between meals (litmus test: you could eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli), the recommendation is to have a mini-meal of protein, veg and fat. Nuts are a fat on a Whole30. If you're going to have fruit, have it with your main meals only vs. as part of a snack.

thanks for the advice! i'll put it to good use starting with tomorrow's meals.

Archived