Back on track with a Whole 14...

goldenangel23

The last few weeks have been a lot of indulgences... oh, I'll have a scoop of this coconut milk ice cream, or a turkey sandwich for dinner, or a few pieces of candy... Well I feel like it's too much, so I'm starting a Whole 14 mainly to cut out the sugar and get myself back on track.  Today is day 2, and going well so far.  I learned from my first Whole 30 that protein, especially at breakfast, is key for me.  I've kept up with that, even since my whole 30 finished. 

I'm feeling pretty good so far, but I'll have to make a trip to the store.  The tea i have at work has soy lecethin, and tea has turned into my go-to snack replacement in the afternoon.  I have some regular Lipton to get me through today, but I generally only drink that when I'm sick, so it's not the same.

I mentioned to some people at work that I'm doing another round, and I got some worried looks.  I explained my tendencies toward sugar and bread lately.  I'm just not big on justifying what I eat.  I'm not trying to make others feel bad by eating well.  I think that's one of the biggest things I've noticed.

I had a good day yesterday.  Avoided a ridiculous amount of candy at work without missing it.  I had some amazing fruit with lunch - Whole Foods had golden raspberries.  So good!!  Went for a nice walk with the bf in the evening.  I need to exercise more (really, at all...), but I feel like our walks are a good start.  I make a delicious mustard based potato salad with green beans and asparagus, so I'm looking forward to having that with lunch.

Archived