Wedding

brooke26

Today is my Day 11 and I'm doing great but tonight we are going to a wedding and I'm a little stressed about what I will eat there. I'll have something small before we go, but I don't want to not eat at ALL while I'm there. I'm assuming it's going to be a buffet since we weren't asked meal choices on the invite - from my experience that means its going to be choices of veggies and meats and potatoes, all in trays of some kind of buttery and/or creamy sauce. :(

I know my health is more important than other peoples opinions, but I also don't want to seem obnoxious by only eating a dressing-less salad! I'll be meeting many of my husband's coworkers for the first time.

Any coping strategies? I am not hard-core enough to bring my own food. I'd rather eat at home first and then nothing there than do that.

Salads are going to be your best bet. You could toss an avocado and salad dressing in your purse. You could also check in with the couple. My sister knew that she had some celiac friends going to her wedding (not me, mind you...she'd never have made that concession for me), so she made sure to have special plates set aside for them. It's probably too late if you're the ONLY one...but if there are other gluten free folks going, the bride and groom may have taken that into consideration with the buffet choices.

Archived