Indegestion

So, this is my Day 8, and I have had indigestion since yesterday evening. I had some ginger tea, and that helped a bit, but it is not going away. This is the first time I have had this since starting the Whole30. I had started to get indigestion for the first time the past few months before this, but then it seemed like it had stopped since starting the Whole30, but then today it is the worst it has ever been. Will this pass? Are there any suggestions on what to do to help with it? As I said, I am not used to having indigestion, and so no really well versed in what to do for it.

Thanks!

• Administrators

You can try taking some apple cider vinegar. Contrary to all the antacid manufacturers out there, it is often a lack of stomach acid that causes indigestion. Adding acid back in the form of ACV can help with heartburn. Give it a quick google and see what you find.

• Moderators

Indigestion is not a normal part of doing a Whole30. If you share the details of what you have been eating for the past few days, we might be able to offer some recommendations about how to fine tune your meal composition choices. 

Well, lets see....It might be because I was travelling the other day, and I stayed on plan, but I didn't eat like I usually do, and probably didn't eat enough, especially protein.

I am doing this as a vegetarian, so no meat or fish, just eggs...and some egg white protein. But, I have tried to avoid using protein powder if possible.

So, breakfast, is usually three eggs wtih a cup or more of a green vegetables like cooked kale or spinach or green beans or aspargaus, and sometime a starchy carb like a winter squash. cooked in ghee or coconut oil, or sometimes there are also other vegetables like bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, etc, sometimes I have half an avocado. Then lunch has been a really large salad with carrots, cucumbers, raw beets, onions, celerly, etc, along with the other half of the avocado, or olives and some nuts, plus one of the Whole30 homemade salad dressings, 2 hard boiled eggs, and a starchy carb, sometimes, like spagehtti squash or acorn or butternut, or sweet pototoes.

Dinner as been like caulfoiwer rice with a curry sauce made with coconut milk and lots of different colored veggies, and some more eggs ( or protein powder) mixed with some fresh fruit)

Sometimes I don't have time to eat a full meal when I first wake up, so I have a small snack, and then eat my full breakfast when I get back.

I usually take a cup of tea with some coconut tea with me when I leave for work after breakfast.

I can't remember all the meals Ihad the past few days, it all blurrs together, but today, I had my cup of tea and coconut milk before breakfast today. I couldn't eat my breakfast first thing, so grabbed a few macadmian nuts to hold me over until I had breakfast. For breakfast, I had three poached eggs in the Whole30 BBQ sauce and a mixture of cooked kale, spinach, and chard. That was it. I had my ginger tea before lunch to help settle my stomuach. Then lunch I had  small salad wtih carrots, celerey , green onions, some dressing, a small sweet potatoe, two hard boiled eggs, and a small apple. I usually have a larger salad, but the indigestion was still bothering me. I had some kombucha at some point and some icea tea and water. And that is all I have had so far today. It is about time to go home and make dinner, but again my indigestion is still there, so don't feel much like eating, but will make something, because I can tell I am getting hungry.

Guest Andria

Things that you are eating that can cause indigestion:

coconut milk/products

raw vegetables 

nuts

eggs

Archived