JenX - Whole 30 Round 2

JenX

Stopping in to say "hi," because I'm just getting started around here. :)

Sounds like everything is going well for you! I hear what you're saying about eggs. I've gone through months at a time eating the exact same breakfast: eggs and sweet potato sautéed on a cast iron pan. Yummm.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi jda - thanks for stopping by and good luck to you!

jennybrown - my last Whole 30 was fried eggs almost every morning, only occasionally scrambled. Isn't it funny how just changing how you cook them changes eggs so much?

Day 15 - halfway point!

M1 3 scrambled eggs, sautéed kale, onion, mush, rbp, & zucchini 1/2 avocado, 2 cups black coffee

M2 taco salad. (turkey taco meat, greens, radish, rbp, green onion, cucumber, 1/2 avocado) vinaigrette dressing & salsa

M3 1 palm of sirloin, olive relish, coleslaw, broccoli, small yam.

H20 Intake 100oz + lacroix

bm - 3+, 3/2+

Slept really well last night, but slept hard and am still sleepy this morning. Also still a bit crabby even after upping carbs some. Plus bloated. yes....hello TOM. get on with it already, will ya?! I hate it when I start late. Perpetual PMS blows.

Had another small handful of nuts last night before bed. I need to just dump these in the trash and not buy more.

In other news I can see fermentation happening in my Kombucha! There are small fizzy bubbles around the edge of the vessel and the tea is getting lighter. Took a sniff this morning and it smells yeasty and great. Will test it tomorrow to see if I'm ready to bottle. Happy dance!!

Those nuts are killer!  I was walking by them in Whole Foods and said, Self - you can have those and really be able to not graze on them.  So, self won! Guess what, I had my husband take them away again!  Ha! I just can't have them!

Totally! I bought them to make macadamia nut "ricotta" from for a recipe. They're not going to make it that long! LOL! I don't have enough left now and am NOT buying more - we're just going to have to skip that recipe for now.

Day 16

M1 3 eggs fried in schmaltz, sautéed kale, onion, mush, rbp, & zucchini 1/2 avocado, 2 cups black coffee

had a headache this morning and breakfast did not sit well. I think it's just sinus, due to pressure changes and it left before workout but wanted to make a note.

pre-workout - 1/2 palm chicken in chicken salad.

M2 big salad w/ peppers, olive, onion, cucumbers, chicken salad made with1.5-2 palms of skinless chicken breast, mayo, diced veggies. Banana.

M3 1 chicken leg, 1 lamb chop, roasted veg w potatoes and carrots, cauliflower, BS, olive relish.

H20 Intake 80oz + kombucha+ lacroix

bm: 3+

Exercise 35 minutes recumbent bike. Upper body machines, some lower body machines.

This is so sad! I did 35 minutes on the bike and some weights, then after lunch, walked over to a nearby store to get a 'butcha (15 minutes each way since I'm slow with the boot) and I am beat! I am so out of shape!! Horrific! It's going to take a lot of work to get my endurance back. Good thing I don't have any races until Disneyland SW Rebel Challenge in January.

Day 17

M1 3 eggs scrambled w/ 1/2 thumb of ghee, sautéed kale, onion, mush, rbp, & zucchini, _ leftover roasted carrot & cauliflower (almost 3 cups veg total), 1/4 avocado (half serving since I ate the cooking fat from the eggs), 2 cups black coffee

No headache this morning and I feel really good. clear mind, clear skin, solid energy. Cleaned up the kitchen and did a bit of gardening before work.  The humidity this weekend is going to kill me!

pre-workout - 1/2 palm chicken + 5 green olives.

M2 big salad w/ peppers, olive, onion, cucumbers, 1.5 palms of skinless chicken breast, vinaigrette. Olives

M3 Turkey burgers (2 palm size) on lettuce w/ mayo & fixing, broccoli, coleslaw

H20 Intake 80oz

bm: 4, 3+

Exercise 30 elliptical AMT, 30 recumbent bike (intervals) Felt great to get my sweat on!

I'm trying to up my protein and lower my fat a bit. Protein to mid-way or high end of template, fat to minimum amount allowed by template. If I end up getting hungry before meal time I'll start upping it slowly.  Just experimenting. also attempting to up veg in Meal 1 - I noticed I usually only do about 1 cup on average. I do really well w/ the rest of my meals, especially if I have leftover tail-ends that need to be eaten.

You  know  what you're  doing.    You're brave to make your own Booch. 

Had another small handful of nuts last night before bed. I need to just dump these in the trash and not buy more.

In other news I can see fermentation happening in my Kombucha! There are small fizzy bubbles around the edge of the vessel and the tea is getting lighter. Took a sniff this morning and it smells yeasty and great. Will test it tomorrow to see if I'm ready to bottle. Happy dance!!

• Don’t use nuts, seeds, and nut butters as your primary fat source

Use nuts for a decoration.   A sprinkle here and there is preferred over handfuls.  Carry on, JenX.   

You  know  what you're  doing.    You're brave to make your own Booch. 

• Don’t use nuts, seeds, and nut butters as your primary fat source

Use nuts for a decoration.   A sprinkle here and there is preferred over handfuls.  Carry on, JenX.   

I usually don't even keep them in the house b/c they are totally FWOB for me. Believe me, this is a rare occurrence. oh, and they are now in the trash, btw! :)

JenX,  you can always use a can of Raid

or carry it attached to your belt loop.   Spray everything with Raid before you throw it out.  You won't be tempted to dig it out of the trash.   It works for Larabars, too. 

6729-845-0.jpg

hahaha! I live green at my house, so no Raid - sorry! Can't risk all the beneficial critters just to kill some lesser beneficial ones (or nuts, or Larabars, for that matter!). :D

I threw the bag of dirty cat litter on top. that'll do it!

I don't use Raid for creatures but I would definitely use it for tricky triggers or trickery triggery.   I think white vinegar or spray starch would work, too.  Heck-a-toot,  I'd take them outside and run over them with the truck. 

Day 18

M1 1 Palm leftover steak & one fried egg, sautéed onion, mush, rbp, 1/4 avocado, 2 cups black coffee

M2 tuna salad (1can tuna, 1.5 thumbs mayo, pickle) on BAS with vinaigrette.

Snack - 2 deviled eggs.

M3 roast chicken thigh/wing/leg, steamed broccoli, green olives.

H20 - 70+ 2pints iced herbal tea, Oz. Kombucha

BM 3+, 3+, 2.

I'd just like to say, I wish I could afford steak every morning. I love it for breakfast!

Omg! Raid! Lol. I once many years ago threw out a carton of ice cream into the trash. I put some food scraps on top and smashed it down. About 10 mins later ran back and scraped all the stuff off the ice cream and ate it. I wish I had thought of raid at that time!!!! Lol.

Oh the nuts! The nuts!!!!! They are evil. Good for you for trashing them.

Day 19

M1 3 eggs scrambled w/ 1/2 bacon fat, 1 c sautéed kale, & 1.5 strips bacon, + onion, mush, rbp 2 cups black coffee

M2 2 turkey burgers, BAS plus small handful kalamata olives and vinaigrette

M3 bpot roast, potatoes, carrots, onions, mushrooms + broccoli and cauliflower. 1 slice liver wurst,

H20 Intake 90 Kombucha LaCroix

bm: 4, 3+, 4

Kombutcha bottling day! tasted it yesterday and it was still too sweet for me. This morning it is perfect! Started brewing new tea to feed in after I draw off the first gallon'ish. some flavored, some plain. I already have slight effervescence so it'll be fizzy for sure. I'm so excited! Getting some much needed cooking and cleaning done today. Pot roast is seared off and in the crockpot for tonight. will also saute up some veggies for breakfasts throughout the week. Too hot to roast. I should prep some coleslaw too. And i'll need to go to the store for more raspberries. They're on sale and i ate the whole container that I bought yesterday to flavor the 'butch with. Will do ginger-blueberry as I have those on hand.

Day 20

M1 ground beef, 1 c sautéed kale, 1 cup cauliflower 3 cups black coffee

M2 1 palm chicken breast, BAS plus small handful kalamata olives and vinaigrette

M3 1 lamb chop, 1/2 chicken thigh, 1c broccoli with EVOO drizzle, mashed potato-cauliflower with ghee. 1/2 pint raspberries.

H20 Intake 80 + herbal tea + LaCroix

bm: 4,

Hormonal issues should be resolving finally as of last night...9 days late. Ah the joys of peri-menopause, I guess. I was a bloated tic the last 3 days and the humidity and heat certainly don't help. Here's to starting to feel slimmer in my pants again. Also finally getting out of the Eat.All.The.Things phase I was going through.

Day 21

M1 1 egg, 1 palm ground beef, 1 c sautéed kale, 1 cup carrot/cauliflower, 1/2 avocado,  2 cups black coffee

M2 BAS plus small handful kalamata olives and vinaigrette, 1 palm chicken

Snack - 1 spoon almond butter - my lack of sleep is catching up to me. Truly hungry and no snacks here at work. I asked a friend if I could have a tbsp. of her almond butter from the fridge.

M3 Kahlua pig, plantains, brussel sprouts, dip of garlic, lemon, lime, vinegar and mayo?

H20 Intake

bm:  3+, 1 ( :( )  What was different? 4 cups of coffee total yesterday. Broc AND cauli mash at dinner + cauliflower in the AM. too many cruciferous veg, too much caffeine.  Need to watch that.  May also be my body doesn't tolerate beef in the morning even though it tastes good to me. Will see if it repeats today as I had basically the same breakfast.

1st full day with out the frankenboot -yay! Ankle / foot are very weak feeling. Walking is okay but doesn't feel normal, foot sort of flops down. Will start some PT exercises with a band. Also planning on the gym today - recumbent bike, and some treadmill walking.

Fullness...satiation...it's happened 2 meals in a row. Last night I ate my dinner and was down to just the chicken thigh. 2 bites in I was suddenly D.O.N.E. Didn't want another bite.  Now, usually, I'll look at my plate and my brain will say...ah c'mon, it's only 2 more bites, finish it off, don't waste it.  Last night, nope. done. didn't want it. put the meat back in the container with the rest of the leftover chicken and it got tagged on to lunch today.

this morning, same thing. Down to about 3 bites left on the plate after putting in a mouthful. Chewed and chewed and chewed that mouthful and then went in the kitchen and spit it out! I was done. D.O.N.E. full...satiated...not stuffed, I just didn't want anymore. The dog got those leftover bites - and she was very happy about it!. ^_^

now, if this can just continue, that would be life-changing! Is this how other people feel when they say they're full? srsly?! its such a strange feeling to me. Me who could eat an entire digiorno + a pint of ice cream (+ a bottle of wine) in a sitting. :"full" was not in my vocabulary. I look forward to welcoming it into my current lexicon though.  Oh yes, I do!

• Whole30 Certified Coach

now, if this can just continue, that would be life-changing! Is this how other people feel when they say they're full? srsly?! its such a strange feeling to me. Me who could eat an entire digiorno + a pint of ice cream (+ a bottle of wine) in a sitting. :"full" was not in my vocabulary. I look forward to welcoming it into my current lexicon though.  Oh yes, I do!

Cheers to this :)

Fullness...satiation...it's happened 2 meals in a row. Last night I ate my dinner and was down to just the chicken thigh. 2 bites in I was suddenly D.O.N.E. Didn't want another bite.  Now, usually, I'll look at my plate and my brain will say...ah c'mon, it's only 2 more bites, finish it off, don't waste it.  Last night, nope. done. didn't want it. put the meat back in the container with the rest of the leftover chicken and it got tagged on to lunch today.

this morning, same thing. Down to about 3 bites left on the plate after putting in a mouthful. Chewed and chewed and chewed that mouthful and then went in the kitchen and spit it out! I was done. D.O.N.E. full...satiated...not stuffed, I just didn't want anymore. The dog got those leftover bites - and she was very happy about it!. ^_^

So happy to read this! It's exciting to me as I'd like to see this happen in my life as well. Congrats to you! I know you are feeling great!!!!

That is great Jen!  I didn't even think about this, but it happened to me the other night.  I just didn't notice until I read your blog. Usually even if I was full I would continue. The other night I was eating a salad with Chicken, and was like I can't finish this. It is too big!  Cheers to you!  And, thanks for making me realize it.  B)

Archived