Whole30 Work In Progress - First Round Results

Chellesdoingr8

YAHOOOOOO!!!  I completed my first round of Whole30 on June 28.  I lost 12 pounds and inches galore.  I didn't measure myself.  However, I got in to a pair of jeans that I had not been able to wear.  My sister gave them to me years ago.  I think she was manifesting my destiny.  Anywhoo...I can wear them.  I got in to another pair of pants that I have not been able to wear for 6 years.  I have not weighed what I weigh today in 6 years.

I feel more confident.  Happier.  My mind isn't racing all over the place.  I made a great support buddy LISA PT who is an awesome cheerleader.  Thank you!!

My skin is clear.  My eyes shine.  Love it!!

Love the recipes.  I take the time, because I am worth it, making new recipes and trying new foods.  Happy!!!

I am starting Round 2 today!!  Thank you to the Hartwigs!!!  I have waited so long and finally found you :wub:

Cheers!!

Michelle B)

Congratulations! I'm on Day 26 today but with #JulyWhole30 happening, I'm pretty sure I'm going to continue eating compliant foods after Day 30 and postpone the re-intro phase as long as possible, because I feel so great! And mentally I'm not missing the foods I "gave up" for this... so I figure, why rush in and fear awakening my old demons, Sugar Dragon included, when I can keep this momentum going? :-)

Did you decide to re-intro any food groups during your 2-day break, or did you go straight through with W30-style eating until today?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to continue eating compliant foods after Day 30 and postpone the re-intro phase as long as possible, because I feel so great! And mentally I'm not missing the foods I "gave up" for this... so I figure, why rush in and fear awakening my old demons,

CONGRATS!!! Aren't you upset you didn't measure? I was the same, lost 12lbs but didn't measure! Clothes are getting looser and belt is on second to last and even last notch each day now on pants I never wore a belt with before! 

Well done! We ARE worth it!

• 3 weeks later...

Day 26 of Round 2.  I wanted to share some of my non-scale victories thus far.  Different co-workers are commenting on my weight loss so people are noticing.  Is that important?  No.  Is it nice?  Yes.

The jeans/clothes that I could finally get in to during my first Whole30 are starting to get big.  HILARIOUS!!  I have never measured myself but I guess the clothes are telling me.

I started training for lane swimming with my sister.  She is very athletic.  This includes mud races, triathlons', Spartan races, etc.  She is strong, awesome and very patient.  Last week she said "Come to the deep end...what's the worst that could happen!"  I said "Drown?!"  Love her!!!  The best part of this story is I have not been in a pool for years...I want to say at least 30...no word of a lie.  I have more confidence (tiger's blood) don't care as much what people think (tiger's blood) and realize how short life is so I need to enjoy!!

One of my next goals, in the near future, is to start wearing dresses and skirts.  I will...watch me!!!

My next report will be on July 31.  I will be doing Round 3 beginning August 1.  I do feel so much better!!

Cheers!!  B)

I have more confidence (tiger's blood) don't care as much what people think (tiger's blood) and realize how short life is so I need to enjoy!!

^^^^ Love love love these definitions of Tiger Blood: rock on, Michelle!

Day 28 Round 2 - Had lunch with a friend who hasn't seen me in two years.  He said "Michelle...you are a smaller version of yourself!  It looks like you put yourself in the wash, then in the dryer, at too high of a temperature, and you shrunk yourself!" 

I love my friends :wub:

I have completed another round.  I have lost 2.4 pounds this month.  At first, I was disappointed.  However, in regard to the big picture, I have lost 14.4 pounds in the last two months.  That is awesome.  I am also 32.2 pounds lighter than I was in 2012, and getting in to clothes that I have not been able to in 6 years. 

I am going to start another Whole30 in August.  My daughter is taking my scale in case I feel tempted to check it. 

I plan on trying new recipes and incorporating more activity this time round.  I am also going to refrain from buying nut butter as I find it challenging to restrain myself.

This month I have gotten so many positive comments that keep my plugging along.  But even more, I feel better.  I continue to feel more confident and happier. 

Another accomplishment for this girl is training for lane swimming with my sister.  This speaks to the confidence level that the Whole30 has given me. 

I am going to "Keep Calm and Whole30 On".  Love it!!! ;)

Archived