Starting the Whole30 on July 6th!

Christa Harris

I am nearing the end of my first whole 30 and my advice would be to write your "why" (why you are doing this) nice and big and post it where you can see it every day. Remember this is about you. What really helped me was to remember that I am COMMITTED to myself. A lot of the i can't do its come from fear but the reality is you can do it.At the beginning i told myself all i have to do is day 1 30 times. lol. It gets easier and the proud accomplishment feelings are amazing. I was never one to commit to myself but i realized if I ever want someone else to commit to me then I have to commit to me first! Best of luck! Remember that you can do this! 

Sarah

I am nearing the end of my first whole 30 and my advice would be to write your "why" (why you are doing this) nice and big and post it where you can see it every day. Remember this is about you. What really helped me was to remember that I am COMMITTED to myself. A lot of the i can't do its come from fear but the reality is you can do it.At the beginning i told myself all i have to do is day 1 30 times. lol. It gets easier and the proud accomplishment feelings are amazing. I was never one to commit to myself but i realized if I ever want someone else to commit to me then I have to commit to me first! Best of luck! Remember that you can do this! 

Sarah

Great encouragement and advice! My husband and I starting on the 6th as well, and we're definitely in for a challenge. He's found out this week that he'll be traveling a lot for July, so this is going to be very difficult for him. He likes to eat when he drives, he eats out almost every meal... ugh, I'm not sure how we're going to plan for this!

Your couple tips above might really help, though.

Thanks!

Plan as much now before you start as possible food wise. I can't tell you how many times I have restarted because the kids cereal called to me at lunch time, and I couldn't find anything else to eat. Poor planning will sabotage willpower every time.

Archived