Whole30 & Type 2 Diabetes

I apologize if i have overlooked this topic somewhere else.

My entire family has agreed to do Whole30 with me and my mother has fairly recently been 'diagnosed' with type 2 diabetes and her question is.. what if her sugar gets too low, what should she eat or how should she eat to balance that?

I appreciate your help!

:rolleyes:

Eat Whole 30 every day  - 3 Whole Template meals aday for many, many days and then months on end. Don't throw sugar on the fire or use fruit or dried fruits to bring sugar level back up.   Use protein, good dietary fats and whopping boatloads of roasted vegetables and greens to balance blood sugar.   It is a winning strategy.

Ensure drinks and all of those other highly engineered  T1/T2 sugar snacks are hooey.  Think berries over bananas and mangos.   Think avocado over nuts.  No fruit and nutty bars which are candy for T1/T2.  No fruit juices, ever.     Minimal fruit...one serving aday is plenty at the end of the meal.   Nine cups of roasted vege/greens a day.  Proteins in real form.   GF Beef, fish, fowl, bison or wild game, eggs.   Quality protein, roasted vege and good dietary fats will smother sugar cravings and lo and behold, after weeks and weeks and months,  consistent good things begin to happen to the Blood Sugar.  Everything starts rocking and rolling on an even keel.   You become a well oiled machine that runs on jet fuel. 

Find a doctor who will work with her as she tools along.   It will take concentrated consistency.  Stay on her meds until she and the Doc can edge down off of whatever she may be taking.   The want power has to be here to see this through.   Want power  over willpower.  You have to want to leave T2 behind.  Eat my dust,  I will not be stopped kind of attitude to get there.

One day, you're looking in the rearview mirror at T2.  Your weight settles in at its optimum setpoint. You find weight stability for the first time in your life.  Your skin and eyes are bright and clear.   Your hair grows like a weed and folks ask what in the world has happened to you?   You look ....marvelous, darling.   :D 

Welcome!

Is your mother on insulin or any other medication for her diabetes?  If so, she should have a conversation with her doctor before starting a Whole30. 

Otherwise, there are several past discussion threads of Whole30ers diagnosed as Type II diabetics.   Easiest way to search the forum is from Google. Type Whole30 followed by whatever you're looking for, and you'll get links to past discussion threads.

For example, in this case, you'd type Whole30 type 2 diabetes.

Archived