Jenny Brown Whole30 Log_Started July 1st

Jenny B

Ok, seriously I cannot believe I am on Day 28.  A big pat on the back for me.  :D   I have pretty much figured out my reintroduction plan.  I will start on Saturday, August 1st (which means I am doing a Whole31) and that will take me through August 13th.  I am not gonna lie, I am pretty excited about going out for breakfast on Saturday morning.  My husband and I have a little diner we go to (weekly), and I haven't been since I started Whole30.  They cook everything in butter, so I knew it was a no no.  I still haven't decided what to do about introducing coke back into my plan. I am pretty scared to bring it back in because I know it is a weakness of mine. So, I will just leave it alone for now, and if and when I decide I will just go with it.  B)

I am also excited/nervous to take my measurements and weigh myself. I hope I am not disappointed. I am going to review the NSV tonight, so I can outline those achievements as well. 

I worked out the last 2 days. I hate working out, but feel pretty good about myself when I am done.  So, I really need to figure out the pre workout / post workout meals and have them prepared.  Yesterday I had a piece of chicken and some almonds before my workout.  Then after I just fixed dinner.  I was hungry though and waited too long.

I haven't posted my meals in a few days.  But here is yesterdays and today's meals

7/27/15

Meal#1: 2 Eggs, 1 piece of compliant bacon, shredded potatoes w/ green onions, tomatoes and strawberries

Meal#2: Taco Salad

PreWorkout: Piece of chicken and almonds

Meal#3: Roast, with roasted carrots and potatoes.

7/28/15

Meal#1: Meal#1: 2 Eggs, 1 piece of compliant bacon, shredded potatoes w/ green onions, tomatoes and strawberries

Meal#2: Roast, roasted potatoes, cucumbers, tomatoes, watermelon/pineapple

Meal#3: Probably be Chicken with a salad - something simple

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 28 that's amazing congratulations!!! :)  I imagine that coke might be a shock to your system (at least to your taste buds).  I don't blame you for being excited about going out for breakfast. 

Day 28 that's amazing congratulations!!! :)  I imagine that coke might be a shock to your system (at least to your taste buds).  I don't blame you for being excited about going out for breakfast. 

Yes I am sure it would be.

Day 29!  I had some stomach issues yesterday. Weird, since I haven't had any problems since starting Whole30.  Maybe it was the Cilantro I ate over the last 2 days (It was recalled by my Kroger). Feeling better today, so hopefully just a hiccup!

Meal#1: 2 eggs, 1 piece of compliant bacon, shredded potatoes and green onions, strawberries

Meal#2: Chicken with a salad (Romaine lettuce, sweet peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, egg, chicken with Tessamae's balsamic vinegar dressing) And a mix of kiwi, watermelon and grapes.

Meal#3: Burgers, grilled onions, compliant pickles, and either some grilled veggies or just tomatoes and cucumbers cut up.

Day 29!  I had some stomach issues yesterday. Weird, since I haven't had any problems since starting Whole30.  Maybe it was the Cilantro I ate over the last 2 days (It was recalled by my Kroger). Feeling better today, so hopefully just a hiccup!

Meal#1: 2 eggs, 1 piece of compliant bacon, shredded potatoes and green onions, strawberries

Meal#2: Chicken with a salad (Romaine lettuce, sweet peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, egg, chicken with Tessamae's balsamic vinegar dressing) And a mix of kiwi, watermelon and grapes.

Meal#3: Burgers, grilled onions, compliant pickles, and either some grilled veggies or just tomatoes and cucumbers cut up.

Ooo, bad cilantro...so sorry. I am like a food safety nazi, so that kinda stuff freaks me out!

O M G!!!! I made it to Day 30!  I am so proud of myself.  I am excited and a little nervous to get on the scale tomorrow and take my measurements.  I have my reintroduction plan all laid out. I sure hope I can stick to that part of the program.  :huh: I have a vacation coming up on September 12th, so I am going to try to keep up as much as this as possible until then. I won't be as hard core, but probably keep it around 90/10.  There are some things I am missing and want to see if I am able to add them back in occasionally without completely derailing. I am going to be really aware of what I am eating and how I am feeling.  I have learned so much on this 30 day journey.

Meal#1: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of compliant bacon, shredded potatoes with green onions, tomatoes, and strawberries (I usually have 3)

Meal#2: Leftover hamburger patty, tomatoes, cucumbers, pickle, potatoes

Meal#3: Pork chops and grilled veggies.

I can't wait to update you on my Scale and NSV tomorrow!

Day 31!!!

Well Holy Sh*t Batman!  I am pretty excited with my losses/measurements!  Just to give a reference. I am 5' 6" and started at 166.7 lbs.

• Lost 11.3 lbs.
  • 2% in Body Fat
  • BMI went down 1.6
  • Lost a total of 7.5 inches

NSV:

• More energy
  • Sleep better
  • Skin is pretty smooth and soft
  • No longer feel the need to snack (this is huge)
  • I am satisfied with my meals (feel full, and happy with my choices)
  • Started exercising this week
  • Digestive system is so much better (BM almost every day!)
  • Taste Buds are changing
  • Trying more foods (still need to try more)

I need to get the book out and read through the NSV, because I am sure there are a lot more that what I have listed.

Meal#1: 2 scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of compliant bacon, strawberries and tomatoes (tomatoes were from my garden)

Meal#2: Leftover pork chop and grilled veggies from last night

Meal#3: Chicken Fajitas - going out.  Will ask for no butter and no tortillas

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived