Seasoned Salt: Do I have to start over?

Hello,

I just ate a steak while dining out.  I felt a little dizzy and realized that I forgot to ask what the steak was seasoned with.  I called the restaurant and was told that they use seasoned salt on their steaks. Does this mean that I have to start over?  I am on day 26 and have been compliant the entire time. 

Thank you!

Thank you so much!  It helped.  I did not intentionally consume the season salt.  I also looked up the ingredients.  I cannot find any ingredients that are not compliant.  I am not going to start over. 

• Moderators

Seasoned salt often includes MSG (monosodium glutamate). MSG is one of the ingredients specifically mentioned in the Whole30 rules as being out because it is a serious trouble maker. The fact that you felt dizzy increases my suspicion that you consumed MSG. 

I would not start over from day 26, but you very likely ate something that eroded part of your gut health. I'm sorry for your loss. I would go on to 30 days and then begin reintroductions, but understand that you may not be on a firm foundation. 

Archived