Four mile race on Day 4.... I survived!!

fmr_sailor

This morning, day 4 of my first Whole30, I ran a four mile race. I haven't been having strong carb/sugar withdrawals, so I wasn't sure how the race would go. It's pretty hot and humid here in NC and with my Whole30, I'd already planned to run conservatively. I got up early and had my pre-WO snack on the way (two hard boiled eggs and 1.4 oz. of nuts. Yes, I measured them.) Race started about 70 minutes after I'd finished eating the pre-WO meal. First half mile had some leg heaviness, but that could've been more related to the fact that I'd run 9 miles Sunday, taught two cycling classes Monday, and then taught weights and Zumba on Tuesday. My legs were already fried!

Every mile in the race I ran faster than any miles I run in training! I was so surprised. My normal training pace is about 11:30/mile. My splits in this race were: 10:59/9:56/10:01/9:30. I missed my mini-goal of under 40 minutes by just 27 seconds. I couldn't be happier because I was expecting it to be just awful, and IT WASN'T!! Had cold chicken and sweet potato about 20 min after the race, and it was delicious!

Yay!  Congrats on a good race!  

My 5k didn't go so well yesterday.  I got overheated within the first mile :(

I started my whole 30 today.  So we will see how I feel by the time my 5 mile race gets here on Thursday.

Yay!  Congrats on a good race!  

My 5k didn't go so well yesterday.  I got overheated within the first mile :(

I started my whole 30 today.  So we will see how I feel by the time my 5 mile race gets here on Thursday.

I actually fell off the wagon, ok, jumped off the wagon on Saturday night. I think the race, being worn out just got to me. I was so emotional I just crumbled. I'm restarting tomorrow.

Archived