Finding food inspiration...

So, it happens to be Day 2 for me.  I know, all to well, I will need to find ways to keep me inspired and to keep me cooking.  I am lucky enough to have some fantastic Farmer’s Markets around me...and this is the route I chose.  My husband and I headed out to the Falls Church Farmer’s Market and found a ton of inspiration.  There is something about walking around seeing gorgeous fruit and vegetables - some of which I have never seen.  We can back with tomatoes, kale, radishes, fresh apricots, honey mushrooms and a locally roasted coffee.  Huh?  What can I make with all of those ingredients.  Well, I only used some for my brunch (see photo).  

Two Egg Omelet with cilantro; Honey Mushrooms sautéed in ghee and olive; and fresh made guacamole.  post-73019-0-19010200-1436025154_thumb.j

I've become a mushroom MONSTER on my W30, going through about 3 cartons a week -- but have never come across honey mushrooms! (Which ironically sound way non-compliant, but according to Google "honey" is just because of their color.) You've inspired me to find a farmer's market and see if I can find some new-to-me vegetables to spice up my kitchen routine!

Archived