Veggies to serve with my scallops in red curry sauce?

Emily T

I am making scallops in a red curry sauce tomorrow night. I bought some veggies for a side, but not sure how to prepare them. Any suggestions?

Here is what I have on hand: cabbage, carrots, red/green/yellow onions, and snow peas. I have fish sauce, coconut aminos, coconut oil/ghee/olive oil, coconut milk, and curry paste, as well as a standard array of kitchen spices. 

I recently had tiger prawns in a curried coconut cream sauce in an Indian restaurant and it was served with a side of par boiled cubed potatoes & snap peas with coriander.

You could always try something like that & then shred the cabbage & carrots & chop the peppers & stir fry in the fish sauce with garlic & the coconut aminos so you have two options for sides.

I would shred the cabbage and either saute in a skillet or let it simmer in the curry. Snow peas can be left whole or you can cut them into smaller pieces depending on your preferences.

I tend to turn curry into a one pot meal as opposed to having a separate side. Whatever veggies look yummy get diced and tossed in the sauce and then everything simmers away until the veggies are cooked through. You don't need to do much in the way of seasoning except maybe some added salt.

Okay I just had to come show you guys because it came out so good! (Do not worry I ate a lot more veggies than what it shows, just wanted to make it pretty for presentation haha) 

IMG_5448.jpg

Archived